2015 4* WR Darius Slayton flips from UGA to AU!

EagleDamnWar

My question still is why he hasn't committed already...

I've noticed you ask that about nearly every recruit no matter what their timetable is. Chillax my man.

Just the one's that have been strong Auburn leans for months and won't pull the trigger. McBride, Slayton, and Daryl Williams are a few. But I'll stop asking and hope for the best!

I'm also wanting the commit, Clayton. I'm also older, so a little more patient. It's all good.

:wareagle:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question still is why he hasn't committed already...

I've noticed you ask that about nearly every recruit no matter what their timetable is. Chillax my man.

Just the one's that have been strong Auburn leans for months and won't pull the trigger. McBride, Slayton, and Daryl Williams are a few. But I'll stop asking and hope for the best!

2 of those already had plans to announce in late Summer. It's not late Summer. No reason to expect that to change unless they say it changes.

UGA has really been putting pressure on Slayton. They want to sign him and Abernathy both from GACS .He is wanting to play WR I think as well. He has really been showing flashes of greatness there.

UGA has really been putting pressure on Slayton. They want to sign him and Abernathy both from GACS .He is wanting to play WR I think as well. He has really been showing flashes of greatness there.

Dixie, you need to use your influence over GAC to get these kids to come to AU.

• 4 weeks later...

Free article from AUC Link

Darius Slayton, the 4-star cornerback/receiver from Greater Atlanta Christian, is anxious to compete at The Opening next week in Oregon, where he will match up against elite 2015 prospects from across the country.

“I think I’ll be fine,” Slayton said. “Obviously I have a lot of respect for the other kids going, but I think I’ll do well.”

Slayton is ranked as the No. 26 wide receiver in the 247Sports Composite, but he will play corner at The Opening. That’s the same position at which Auburn is recruiting the 6-foot-2, 182-pounder.

Where do the Tigers stand with Slayton, possibly their No. 1 corner target?

Well, Slayton hasn’t yet named any leaders. He said a few schools stand out, but declined to specify which ones.

Auburn, though, figures to be a top contender. The Tigers were one of the first big-name programs to recruit him, and he has visited Auburn multiple times. Additionally, he had a cousin play for the Tigers.

According to Slayton, he talks to Auburn cornerbacks coach Melvin Smith “a lot … probably once or twice a week.” He described his relationship to Smith and the Tigers as “solid.”

“What stands out is just their consistency in communication I guess,” Slayton said. “Probably them, Florida and Georgia keep the most communication with me above anybody else.”

Some schools have told Slayton, a state sprint champion, he could play receiver.

As for Auburn: “We’ve never really discussed offense except briefly with Auburn. It’s pretty much a defense situation.”

Slayton previously said he’d like to give both sides of the ball a shot. When asked if that were important to him, Slayton replied, “Right now, no … but down the stretch maybe."

Georgia is one school recruiting Slayton for offense and defense. The Dawgs also are heavily involved with Slayton’s GAC teammate, cornerback Micah Abernathy.

“It would be nice to play with Micah,” Slayton said. “I’ve known him for a minute. But we have never really discussed actually attending the same school."

Most recently, Slayton visited Florida and LSU.

Of Florida, he noted, “It was nice. I went there on a Sunday so there wasn’t too many people. It pretty much was just us, the coaches, a few grad assistants and the nutrition guys. It was a good day. I toured the campus and had a good time."

What did Slayton think of the Gators?

“I like them, and liked the visit,” Slayton said. “I like Coach [Will] Muschamp. They’re probably right in the mix with everybody."

The visit to LSU happened just before the NCAA dead period began.

“It was nice,” Slayton said. “I also went there on a Sunday. It was a little dead because of dead week coming up, but I still got a chance to meet Coach [Les] Miles and some of the other coaches, like Cam Cameron."

Slayton also met with LSU running backs coach Frank Wilson.

“He’s a cool guy,” Slayton said. “It turned out, he was in the same fraternity as one of my cousins, and they know each other really well. It was my first time meeting him. And the first time for my mom to meet him. He was cool. Really mannerable.”

Slayton said a commitment could come this fall.

He would like to take all five official visits.

Auburn and Georgia “most likely” will get officials, LSU “probably” will get one and “I might go to Florida,” Slayton said.

As for Auburn, he said. “They’re still right in it.” That said, he isn't sure when his next visit to the Plains -- or any school -- will take place.

Free article from AUC Link

Darius Slayton, the 4-star cornerback/receiver from Greater Atlanta Christian, is anxious to compete at The Opening next week in Oregon, where he will match up against elite 2015 prospects from across the country.

“I think I’ll be fine,” Slayton said. “Obviously I have a lot of respect for the other kids going, but I think I’ll do well.”

Slayton is ranked as the No. 26 wide receiver in the 247Sports Composite, but he will play corner at The Opening. That’s the same position at which Auburn is recruiting the 6-foot-2, 182-pounder.

Where do the Tigers stand with Slayton, possibly their No. 1 corner target?

Well, Slayton hasn’t yet named any leaders. He said a few schools stand out, but declined to specify which ones.

Auburn, though, figures to be a top contender. The Tigers were one of the first big-name programs to recruit him, and he has visited Auburn multiple times. Additionally, he had a cousin play for the Tigers.

According to Slayton, he talks to Auburn cornerbacks coach Melvin Smith “a lot … probably once or twice a week.” He described his relationship to Smith and the Tigers as “solid.”

“What stands out is just their consistency in communication I guess,” Slayton said. “Probably them, Florida and Georgia keep the most communication with me above anybody else.”

Some schools have told Slayton, a state sprint champion, he could play receiver.

As for Auburn: “We’ve never really discussed offense except briefly with Auburn. It’s pretty much a defense situation.”

Slayton previously said he’d like to give both sides of the ball a shot. When asked if that were important to him, Slayton replied, “Right now, no … but down the stretch maybe."

Georgia is one school recruiting Slayton for offense and defense. The Dawgs also are heavily involved with Slayton’s GAC teammate, cornerback Micah Abernathy.

“It would be nice to play with Micah,” Slayton said. “I’ve known him for a minute. But we have never really discussed actually attending the same school."

Most recently, Slayton visited Florida and LSU.

Of Florida, he noted, “It was nice. I went there on a Sunday so there wasn’t too many people. It pretty much was just us, the coaches, a few grad assistants and the nutrition guys. It was a good day. I toured the campus and had a good time."

What did Slayton think of the Gators?

“I like them, and liked the visit,” Slayton said. “I like Coach [Will] Muschamp. They’re probably right in the mix with everybody."

The visit to LSU happened just before the NCAA dead period began.

“It was nice,” Slayton said. “I also went there on a Sunday. It was a little dead because of dead week coming up, but I still got a chance to meet Coach [Les] Miles and some of the other coaches, like Cam Cameron."

Slayton also met with LSU running backs coach Frank Wilson.

“He’s a cool guy,” Slayton said. “It turned out, he was in the same fraternity as one of my cousins, and they know each other really well. It was my first time meeting him. And the first time for my mom to meet him. He was cool. Really mannerable.”

Slayton said a commitment could come this fall.

He would like to take all five official visits.

Auburn and Georgia “most likely” will get officials, LSU “probably” will get one and “I might go to Florida,” Slayton said.

As for Auburn, he said. “They’re still right in it.” That said, he isn't sure when his next visit to the Plains -- or any school -- will take place.

Georgia telling another recruit he could play both ways in college, whats new? Worked nice for Godwin... that along with giving his sister a basketball scholarship of course. I'm not ridiculing the latter, but Georgia recruiting seems to be too bush-league for a powerhouse recruiting school the past decade

Georgia telling another recruit he could play both ways in college, whats new? Worked nice for Godwin... that along with giving his sister a basketball scholarship of course. I'm not ridiculing the latter, but Georgia recruiting seems to be too bush-league for a powerhouse recruiting school the past decade

UGA is telling him he can play both ways because DS beat everybody at a recent UGA camp at both WR and CB. The kid has earned the opportunity to get recruited at both positions. I don't consider UGA;s recruiting of DS, or TG for that matter, bush league. You do what you can within legal limits to bring the best talent in.

Why hasn't Auburn recruited DS or TG to play both ways if they are that good. By Georgia recruiting players to play both ways, they are going to automatically have one extra advantage over the rest of the league. UCLA was in Rashaan's final three partly because he was intrigued in playing both ways there.

Why hasn't Auburn recruited DS or TG to play both ways if they are that good.

1. Because we do not have the needs in this class that UGA does at WR. We are taking 0 to 1 more. 2. We are recruiting TG on both sides of the ball but the staff's preference is CB.

Also, UGA recently had some success with a 2-way guy, didn't they? Can't believe I forgot his name, I think maybe he was injured last year...

Also, UGA recently had some success with a 2-way guy, didn't they? Can't believe I forgot his name, I think maybe he was injured last year...

Malcolm Mitchell.

Why hasn't Auburn recruited DS or TG to play both ways if they are that good. By Georgia recruiting players to play both ways, they are going to automatically have one extra advantage over the rest of the league. UCLA was in Rashaan's final three partly because he was intrigued in playing both ways there.

AU has been on DS longer than anyone and believes his future is at CB but has offered him a chance on the offense if he wants.

AU is not recruiting Rashaan anymore. We are full at safety.

He was referring to Rashaan Evans from last year.

Whoops. UCLA was in Evans top three because he wanted to visit LA.

Whoops. UCLA was in Evans top three because he wanted to visit LA.

okay..

I'd take Davante Davis over Slayton. I won't be surprised if recruiting sites give him 4-star. Same situation with Sean White.

Per a free post by 247 recruiting reporter Luke Stampini, Link Post is 3/4 down the page

--CB Darius Slayton still eyeing an end of the summer commitment. UGA, Auburn and Florida the three schools in the mix.

Per a free post by 247 recruiting reporter Luke Stampini, Link Post is 3/4 down the page

--CB Darius Slayton still eyeing an end of the summer commitment. UGA, Auburn and Florida the three schools in the mix.

I read an article on Bleacher Report today about uncommitted kids at The Opening and where they thought they would commit. They picked Slayton to AU.

I read an article on Bleacher Report today about uncommitted kids at The Opening and where they thought they would commit. They picked Slayton to AU.

Bleacher Report is the National Enquirer/TMZ of sports.

It's actually gotten a lot better since CBS bought it and 247 contributes there a lot.

That's good to know. Haven't read it much in a while.

By and large sports journalism is a joke. Reading Bleacher Report in its infancy made me laugh, if it wasn't so frustrating. When you see things like the Duke lacrosse story, the aftermath of the Penn State scenario, accusations against Juwan Howard back in the day, it pisses you off. This is to say nothing of the different things written about Auburn.

I simply read with a tremendous amount of caution these days. War Eagle, boys!

It's actually gotten a lot better since CBS bought it and 247 contributes there a lot.

I agree with E. Bleacher Report was once not worth much but by far the majority of what I have seen lately is really pretty decent stuff. It seems like fair reporting too.

I agree with E. Bleacher Report was once not worth much but by far the majority of what I have seen lately is really pretty decent stuff. It seems like fair reporting too.

My problem with is it the frequency of mistakes in their writing. I read one of their articles about who was going to win the west, and they mentioned that Alabama would dominate despite Auburn returning a ton of offensive players including... yup. Tre Mason. *facepalm*

• 3 weeks later...

Keith Niebuhr with the CB to UGA for Slayton. That can't be a good sign... Could it have anything to do with the Westry commit?

Its not over yet. Bridges is soft verbal, IMO.

Archived