2015 4* JUCO CB Tony Bridges (Ole Miss signee)

McLoofus

There is no doubt we needed Bridges. But before everybody starts assuming we will have a bunch of other players switch. Lets put things in perspective. When we were playing good after the LSU game and before the LSU game there were already rumors of him switching to Ole Miss. Every year we have a player or two switch to another team and we almost always have a player or two switch to Auburn. I will panic when players who have been strongly Auburn start switching not one player who has indicated for a long time that he might switch.

I am not a sunshine pumper I am very worried about D-Line recruiting and yes Mikey I am worried about Linebacker recruiting, and I do think we need to find a quality player to replace Bridges but the sky is not falling we still have time to get a solid D class to go with a stellar O class. I am like many I want to see an Auburn D hold its own against the better teams on our schedule.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The loss of Tony Bridges wouldn't be bad if we had a back-up plan. Darius Slayton appears to want to play offense, so it looks like we're left with 3 star Maurice Smitherman or Jalen Thompson.

Just another thing for the doom and gloomers to complain about.

Clayton: not trying to pick a fight but what exactly on the defensive side of the ball is there to feel good about? It's been pathetic the last half of the season. I usually try to find positives in all situations but can't find one anywhere.

While I'm deeply disappointed with the way things appear to be trending, I would like to encourage everyone to please give our coaches a chance to finish what they've started. Otherwise, we'll never have an elite team if we continue to hit the restart button every couple of years. Just because some aspects aren't functioning smoothly in the short term, doesn't mean they'll always be that way. Give the coaches a fair chance. I'm certain Gus has a plan. Realistically speaking, things are never as good or bad as they may seem. They're always somewhere in the middle.

Just another thing for the doom and gloomers to complain about.

Clayton: not trying to pick a fight but what exactly on the defensive side of the ball is there to feel good about? It's been pathetic the last half of the season. I usually try to find positives in all situations but can't find one anywhere.

This year? Not much to be honest. Too much animosity between coaches and players, no senior leadership, and our boys aren't playing with much heart. I don't turn my cheek to that aspect because it's blatantly obvious that there's a lot wrong with our defense this season. But 2015? That's something to be positive about. Both our LBs will be back and they're one of the only bright spots of our D. They're not elite but they're playing the best they can. DL gets Lawson back and hoping Lambert plays better on the other end spot. Monty is a threat at DT. This whole board is split between the "Fire Ellis" and the "Give him one more year". But I just wish people would realize that building an elite defense takes time. 2015 is something to be positive about. Get ready.

There is no doubt we needed Bridges. But before everybody starts assuming we will have a bunch of other players switch. Lets put things in perspective. When we were playing good after the LSU game and before the LSU game there were already rumors of him switching to Ole Miss. Every year we have a player or two switch to another team and we almost always have a player or two switch to Auburn. I will panic when players who have been strongly Auburn start switching not one player who has indicated for a long time that he might switch.

I am not a sunshine pumper I am very worried about D-Line recruiting and yes Mikey I am worried about Linebacker recruiting, and I do think we need to find a quality player to replace Bridges but the sky is not falling we still have time to get a solid D class to go with a stellar O class. I am like many I want to see an Auburn D hold its own against the better teams on our schedule.

I agree he was on flip watch long before now. I hate losing as much as anyone but some on this board really need to get a grip. we got a lot of really goo breaks last year and now some are not going our way. The Ga. game is the only game this year that if we had just a little luck we would not have won. We still have a chance with some corrections to win out. I'm just saying try not to let everything be so negative we have a lot of good things happening as well. One player who was already on flip watch didn't make the sky fall.

Don't give up on him. When Hugh Freeze "flips to FL" all bets will be off.

Unfortunately, neither is likely. Freeze is a MS guy, would be content there for life. TB is from MS and this is more about staying close to home then a decision of OM over AU.

Unfortunately, neither is likely. Freeze is a MS guy, would be content there for life. TB is from MS and this is more about staying close to home then a decision of OM over AU.

Bob Stoops' name is being thrown around a lot for the UF spot.

JMO but not too much of a surprise....seems his commitment was pillow soft for quite a while.

Bob Stoops' name is being thrown around a lot for the UF spot.

It would probably be Mullen before frieze. Ole miss is stupid of they let that guy go. Finally some sustainably for them

That stinks. His loss. I say we move this to rivals and move on.

Staff will still recruit him hard and think it's not over yet so it stays here for now.

Of course its our loss too but this has been coming for a while. Just a gut feeling I guess. Maybe the coaches can flip him back then, but I won't hold my breath. Wonder who his replacement is for this class and when do we make that offer.... if any.

Foley and Mullen

<p>Bad blood between them I hear. Sound familiar?</p> Big time Coordinator and the AD not getting along?

We've got three CBs on the depth chart right now battling for Mincy's spot next year. Westry doesn't really count because he's sort of a project at this point. I do think we'll take another CB in this class. Make a push for Slayton and probably offer a couple lower rated guys.

Wonder who his replacement is for this class and when do we make that offer.... if any.

Too early to tell. This caught the staff somewhat off guard. The staff had slowed way down on talking to other CB targets. The plan is to get a 2nd CB in this class.

Wonder who his replacement is for this class and when do we make that offer.... if any.

Too early to tell. This caught the staff somewhat off guard. The staff had slowed way down on talking to other CB targets. The plan is to get a 2nd CB in this class.

Seems like he's been rumored to flip for a while, if we knew that then I'd hope our coaches were aware as well. They really should not have been caught off guard whatsoever actually.

Archived