Climate Consensus Con Game

AFTiger

icanthearyou........who would decide who the top 50 scientists are? They are often as split on many subjects as the people on this board.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did someone say not all tenured scientists are playing with a full deck? That could also be said of some tenured posters here. In fact some of their decks still have the jokers in. :Sing:

Roy Spencer not respected........ask NASA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Spencer_(scientist)

icanthearyou........who would decide who the top 50 scientists are? They are often as split on many subjects as the people on this board.

If you picked randomly, you might get 1 or 2 of those 50 rejecting climate change. :dunno:

Look @ AlGore, who has the most to win from this whole charade. Who on the Right has the most to gain ?

No one ? Oh, you'll say 'big oil, big gas, big coal' , and capitalists ? Gee, the very folks who those on the Left ( Hugo Chavez and company ) have been waging war against for long before AGW was even an issue.

The much coincidence for my taste. Sorry.

Why do you keep bringing up Hugo Chavez?

Ben that's your opinion. How many of those do you think have federal grants supporting their position?

Did you read the links Homer posted in post #136?

EDIT: And I would like to think it's an informed opinion. See my post #85 and look at the link in the next to last paragraph to the Doran study.

Ben....the only person on my ignore list is homer. He has no credibility or respect with me. He is nothing but a pot stirrer IMO.

My point is the scientists will argue until hell freezes over about this issue just as we do here. They will even doctor results as they did in a major report to the UN last year.

They will even doctor results as they did in a major report to the UN last year.

Source this statement, please.

Ben....too long for me to care to read. We can all post many links supporting a position. What I believe.......it's stupid to argue about climate change. We know it exists and has in cycles for all of history. As far as Global Warming, why argue? We all should do our part to reduce any contribution made by humans. BUT most countries contribute a nit compared to China and India so why don't the scientists o international govt's focus on getting their governments to place restrictions there like we have in the US?

I don't have a link the study I referenced but there was a big stink about it. Maybe someone else can help me out.

Is James Hansen respected? Like Dr. Spencer, it depends who you ask. He publishes peer reviewed work.Remember The climate group(Mann, et al) in East Anglia blocked much of the work.

icanthearyou.....I can't figure it out. Just Google Roy Spencer and look at the Wiki info on him.

There's an end parenthesis missing from the end of the URL in the link, Proud. Clicking the link as it is will take you to Wikipedia, which will direct you to the correct page.

Look @ AlGore, who has the most to win from this whole charade. Who on the Right has the most to gain ?

No one ? Oh, you'll say 'big oil, big gas, big coal' , and capitalists ? Gee, the very folks who those on the Left ( Hugo Chavez and company ) have been waging war against for long before AGW was even an issue.

The much coincidence for my taste. Sorry.

Why do you keep bringing up Hugo Chavez?

Why do you think ? The arrogant little prick (RIP) was the only one w/the stones to outright tell the truth about the whole AGW charade.

icanthearyou.......Dr. Spencer is a former NASA scientist and a principal team member on some key projects. He still consults with them. Just find the Wiki info on him (see Ben's post above).

I am retired form NASA myself so I am familiar with his work.

Ben....too long for me to care to read. We can all post many links supporting a position. What I believe.......it's stupid to argue about climate change. We know it exists and has for all of history. as far as Global Warming, why argue. We all should do our part to reduce any contribution made by humans.

Well, I'm curious as to how you reached your opinion. Sure you're not willing to discuss it? I'd like to see your link about the IPCC falsifying data.

And why is it stupid to argue about climate change? Does the fact that the climate has changed in the past have any bearing on climate change today?

BUT most countries contribute a nit compared to China and India so why don't the scientists focus on getting their governments to place restrictions there like we have in the US?

We are excused from getting our own house in order because China and India haven't bothered to take care of theirs?

No. My point is we are spending tons of money down the tubes and penalizing our own industries when our contribution is a nit compared to theirs. Where is the outcry from the rest of the world? It all goes back to the original title of the thread. The envirionmentalists are out control and it's too much about money in some people's pockets.

I guess that map shows why people are divided over whether we have global warming or cooling. Everyone should say where he/se is before giving

an opinion. :yes:

I guess that map shows why people are divided over whether we have global warming or cooling. Everyone should say where he/se is before giving

an opinion. :yes:

Ill informed opinion if you're basing it on local weather.

Archived