2016 5* OT Gregory Little (Ole Miss commit)

RunInRed

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

def a turd lean

Hearing more a TAMU lean.

Interesting. So he decommits from A&M but A&M still leads. I read a bleacher report story yesterday saying they thought Bama lead. Frankly, I don't want him to go to either school.

def a turd lean

Interesting. So he decommits from A&M but A&M still leads. I read a bleacher report story yesterday saying they thought Bama lead. Frankly, I don't want him to go to either school.

Hear, hear. 5*s can go wherever they want, as long as it's Auburn or a team that doesn't play in the SECW. And not Georgia.

def a turd lean

Hear, hear. 5*s can go wherever they want, as long as it's Auburn or a team that doesn't play in the SECW. And not Georgia.

I can go along with this!

def a turd lean

Sorry. I have my recruits confused. Yes Bama feels good.

def a turd lean

Sorry. I have my recruits confused. Yes Bama feels good.

I'm hearing TCU is also in the top mix.

http://auburn.247spo...-38232092#Quote

This is from a guy @ AUC who is reputable. The info is first hand, straight from Patterson himself. (Allegedly) This guy is not one to claim things, nor start crazy threads, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

ETA: OP is an Architect out there, and works with, not for, TCU.

This is from a guy @ AUC who is reputable. The info is first hand, straight from Patterson himself. (Allegedly) This guy is not one to claim things, nor start crazy threads, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Well, it will sure be interesting if he ends of at TCU then!

I never assume a kid ends up getting money from a school in a situation like this. The handler may poke around with a hand out ... gets it slapped a few times and realizes the possible preferred college pool dwindles. That may prompt the kid/handler to drop the money requests in lieu of playing at a top flight school ... kind of as an investment in himself, on the way to 8 figure salary in the pros.

of course, my view is more hopeful and a little naive, I admit.

I never assume a kid ends up getting money from a school in a situation like this. The handler may poke around with a hand out ... gets it slapped a few times and realizes the possible preferred college pool dwindles. That may prompt the kid/handler to drop the money requests in lieu of playing at a top flight school ... kind of as an investment in himself, on the way to 8 figure salary in the pros.

Maybe, I've just always assumed that those kind of deals happen behind the coaches and athletic departments backs, and are orchestrated by alumni groups. My bet is that head coaches, most of them at least, don't want to know anything about what happens behind closed doors with these players. Programs can be shut down, but coaches can always leave, and no one wants to put themselves in a position where they might perjure themselves. So, while I think coaches know that its happens, they don't really know what is actually going on, by design, and for that reason they can say that they handled everything on the up and up. Same with athletic departments. The most I could see happening, is someone letting someone in the department letting an alumnus know that they really want _______ player, and the rest happens outside the school.

That's just how I see it working in my head, and with a player like Little, I'm sure there's always going to be someone around a school willing to talk to them.

The only time I think players/handlers get slapped on the wrist is when they try and discuss those matters directly with a coach or school. Because, once a school has direct knowledge that a player is wanting some sort of compensation, it puts the school at a much higher risk, especially if they are asked to testify down the road. We've seen Auburn stop talking to kids like that in the past.

I would think that if you are going to shop around, the last people you are going to talk to about it are the coaches and administration.

...and my view could also very well be a little too hopeful and naive

Maybe, I've just always assumed that those kind of deals happen behind the coaches and athletic departments backs, and are orchestrated by alumni groups. My bet is that head coaches, most of them at least, don't want to know anything about what happens behind closed doors with these players. Programs can be shut down, but coaches can always leave, and no one wants to put themselves in a position where they might perjure themselves. So, while I think coaches know that its happens, they don't really know what is actually going on, by design, and for that reason they can say that they handled everything on the up and up. Same with athletic departments. The most I could see happening, is someone letting someone in the department letting an alumnus know that they really want _______ player, and the rest happens outside the school.

That's just how I see it working in my head, and with a player like Little, I'm sure there's always going to be someone around a school willing to talk to them.

Spot on, Barnacle. And, really, that's the only way it can work. Perhaps this is to be taken with a grain of salt, but I absolutely believe it:

When things are done correctly, there's no proof more substantial than one man's word over another. That allows for plausible deniability, which is good enough for the coaches, administrators, conference officials, and network executives.

"Coach has met me a few times. I've talked to Coach. But Coach doesn't really know me from Adam. How many other folks do you think he meets a week? After he got hired, I walked up and shook his hand, and the guy introducing us says, "Hey Coach, this here's [first name], he takes care of stuff for us.' Now, what does that really mean? Do I charter planes for the university? Do I run a company that sells concessions to the stadium? Or do I make sure kids get taken care of? Coach doesn't know what I 'take care of.' He knows someone out there is doing this, and that's all."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

I have no idea whether that is legit or not. But everybody I know in Allen who know the Little kid say he is a nice kid. Also Allen is a very upscale community not the type of community where kids are trying to escape from.

Well, it will sure be interesting if he ends of at TCU then!

Yep. I will say this some of these kids don't have a clue that the one who they think are helping them have their hands out. And no I'm not saying this because of Cam. The Cam situation was blown way out of proportion.

That was good. Don't know how I hadn't read that before.

They picked a curious time to run it. 2 months after NSD and nowhere near football season.

And I suppose I should clarify that I'm not making accusations against Little or anybody else. Serves me no purpose to. I still take issue with the stupidity of the Cam nonsense- I mean, seriously, what logical train of thought has folks taking the word of this guy over a clearly motivated NCAA? And how do we not pay attention to the fact that an odd $180k isn't that odd when you consider that it's conveniently a less odd $200k minus 10%?- but I've long since lost any delusions about moral high ground in big time athletics.

hey, if someone will send me the address for the bagman, i will chip in a few dollars. would be fun to see the turd explosion if we got both the #1 and #2 players in 2015 (i thought i read little was the #2 player on some service). :)

hey, if someone will send me the address for the bagman, i will chip in a few dollars. would be fun to see the turd explosion if we got both the #1 and #2 players in 2015 (i thought i read little was the #2 player on some service). :)

Finally, one of us ready to put the money where the mouth is!

Archived