2016 5* OT Gregory Little (Ole Miss commit)

RunInRed

I have nothing to add because I agree with every post on this page. I'm still adding this response, though, because that seemed worth celebrating.

PS- The one Ole Miss girl I dated was very, very attractive. I remain grateful for the experience.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was hard to see how they patched together the 2013 class, but it's not hard to see how they have taken advantage of that special class and built a program with a strong foundation.

I read that the 2013 class was precipitated by the fact that Nkemdiche had a family connection to Ole Miss, and once he was on board, the others just feel into place.

It's not hard to see why OM gets good players. The girls there look better than at Auburn and I currently go to Auburn. Now Auburn out ranks the rest of the SEC West but OM has us beat there and it's not close.

Must have been a shift since my day. Back then, the only school that had Auburn beat was LSU.

Exactly. People acting like there's no way a good player would go there....why not? I agree with the what they have that everybody else don't thinking but also what are they lacking that everybody else has? If a saw a guy get a high draft grade in my position, a freshman guy that would play right beside me already on the draft board and I'm coming in with one of the best qb prospects the school has ever had....not too hard of a decision actually

I don't think people are questioning Greg, specifically, but more how Ole Miss got him AND the the freshman on the draft board AND the top ranked QB.

Ole Miss and uat both are going balls to the wall while the NCAA is looking the other way.

Care to elaborate? We've all see the photos of bama's efforts... what is Ole Miss up to?

Exactly. People acting like there's no way a good player would go there....why not? I agree with the what they have that everybody else don't thinking but also what are they lacking that everybody else has? If a saw a guy get a high draft grade in my position, a freshman guy that would play right beside me already on the draft board and I'm coming in with one of the best qb prospects the school has ever had....not too hard of a decision actually

I don't think people are questioning Greg, specifically, but more how Ole Miss got him AND the the freshman on the draft board AND the top ranked QB.

So, it's understandable that Ole Miss could get one five-star recruit, but not multiple? If you can recruit one, then you should be able to recruit another.

Patterson committed because Ole Miss hired his older brother onto their staff, which was a savvy move. Also, after seeing what Freeze has been able to do with his quarterbacks since he's been at Ole Miss, as well as the receivers they continue to recruit, it's no surprise that a top qb would want to play in that system.

Kids want to go there. Kids love Hugh Freeze. Kids want to play early. They want to play in the NFL. They want to beat Alabama. Check, check, and check.

I remember having this debate when Ole Miss landed Nkemdiche. People said, if he wants to play in the NFL, he should play for a more proven team, that puts more players in the NFL. Well, we're all about to see the truth in that.

Freeze has already proven himself, but it comes down to whether or not the kids want to work. If you are a five star guy, and you work hard, you are probably going to get drafted. HF gets the absolute best out of his players. Look at Chad Kelly. Freeze has literally turned this kids life around, and after next year he'll likely be one of the top quarterbacks in the draft.

To me, its blatantly obvious why a lot of these kids are choosing Ole Miss right now. Just watch Ole Miss play. Those kids have FUN, and they win. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?

"but, but, Barnacle, Ole Miss used to get creamed 4 years ago. They don't have a winning tradition like we do!"

Maybe, but Hugh Freeze doesn't have a losing record to anyone in the SECw. This isn't four years ago, and chances are these recruits don't remember Ole Miss when they were going 3-9. What they do remember, is seeing Ole Miss beating Alabama the past two years, and beating LSU and beating Auburn. And they'll be paying attention when Ole Miss has three juniors drafted in the first round this spring.

So, it's understandable that Ole Miss could get one five-star recruit, but not multiple? If you can recruit one, then you should be able to recruit another.

Patterson committed because Ole Miss hired his older brother onto their staff, which was a savvy move. Also, after seeing what Freeze has been able to do with his quarterbacks since he's been at Ole Miss, as well as the receivers they continue to recruit, it's no surprise that a top qb would want to play in that system.

Kids want to go there. Kids love Hugh Freeze. Kids want to play early. They want to play in the NFL. They want to beat Alabama. Check, check, and check.

I remember having this debate when Ole Miss landed Nkemdiche. People said, if he wants to play in the NFL, he should play for a more proven team, that puts more players in the NFL. Well, we're all about to see the truth in that.

Freeze has already proven himself, but it comes down to whether or not the kids want to work. If you are a five star guy, and you work hard, you are probably going to get drafted. HF gets the absolute best out of his players. Look at Chad Kelly. Freeze has literally turned this kids life around, and after next year he'll likely be one of the top quarterbacks in the draft.

To me, its blatantly obvious why a lot of these kids are choosing Ole Miss right now. Just watch Ole Miss play. Those kids have FUN, and they win. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?

Actually, you answered my question with one statement "Patterson committed because Ole Miss hired his older brother onto their staff".

Once you land your first big name, the others are easier to bring along.

All of this love for OM is disturbing folks.

• 1 month later...

All of this love for OM is disturbing folks.

Well, you know I graduated from Ole Miss, Doc. Don't hold it against me.

I know OM is not the worst school one can go to. I guess I am still of the mindset that OM should be an easy win year in and out. I do pull for OM when they play bammer and LSU.

Ole Miss and uat both are going balls to the wall while the NCAA is looking the other way.

Care to elaborate? We've all see the photos of bama's efforts... what is Ole Miss up to?

Agreed. I somewhat understand how Bama can get a pass, but how does Ole Miss get the same deal? Where does their "ace in the hole" come from?

Agreed. I somewhat understand how Bama can get a pass, but how does Ole Miss get the same deal? Where does their "ace in the hole" come from?

They don't have one... as evidenced by they fact that they just got the infamous letter. I would be willing to bet that anything they are doing that isn't above board takes it down a notch or at least finds ways to go even more covert, now that it's public knowledge that the NCAA is snooping around. As has been stated by a lot of us, unlike bama, anything Ole Miss is doing that's not above board is certainly not on public display to begin with.

Archived