2016 5* OT Gregory Little (Ole Miss commit)

RunInRed

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people were saying Ole Miss, and now this delay in his commitment. Bama put the wammy on him. I still do not quite get how Ole Miss does so well in recruiting. There stadium is not the largest, their facilities are not better than ours. They don't have much recent history on winning championships. Oh well....

A lot of people were saying Ole Miss, and now this delay in his commitment. Bama put the wammy on him. I still do not quite get how Ole Miss does so well in recruiting. There stadium is not the largest, their facilities are not better than ours. They don't have much recent history on winning championships. Oh well....

Hugh Freeze is the 2nd best recruiter in the SEC, only behind Saban. He has a way about him that recruits really like, as do their parents or guardians. He is honest, straight forward, and his ability to recruit top level players is the reason Florida tried to hire him.Plus he is about to have 3 players drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft.

Hell, Little could start for Auburn in 2016 since we haven't had an o-line all year.

Our O-line has been decent.

I don't wish to be antagonistic, but i beg to differ. When i watch this offensive line they are anything but decent, one reason we aren't throwing downfield is because they can't hold a block long enough (at times) for the play to develop. I would agree to this, they have gotten better than they were at beginning of the year, but the continuity of the line has been affected by the shuffling of the positions (for what ever reason). In the past there has been enough experience to accommodate this, but this year there seems to be too many new pieces.

It's not the pass protection. The pass pro has been very good the second half of the season.

I agree with that, except it seemed quite poor against GA. At least it did to my untrained eyes

Pass protection is not to bad in second half of season but it seems every game there are a couple of Blitz's that they completely miss and player comes in untouched and meets the QB almost at the same time as the Ball. Could be H-Back or line since I don't know what blocking scheme was called I couldn't tell you whose fault it was. I can understand if a team takes a chance and does a Corner blitz or a delayed safety Blitz but I am talking about LB blitz's that they should know how to pick up and usually do.

In my mind on some of those plays we either ran the wrong route or maybe guys slipped and fell out of their stance but our hot routes weren't there because those blitzes had so many people coming no o line can pick up that

Pass protection is not to bad in second half of season but it seems every game there are a couple of Blitz's that they completely miss and player comes in untouched and meets the QB almost at the same time as the Ball. Could be H-Back or line since I don't know what blocking scheme was called I couldn't tell you whose fault it was. I can understand if a team takes a chance and does a Corner blitz or a delayed safety Blitz but I am talking about LB blitz's that they should know how to pick up and usually do.

ON the play where Sean fumbled???, we missed the blitz, but Sean stepped into the pocket to avoid it. The player that Peyton blocked got off of the ground and made the hit. They were bringing 1 more than we had blockers.

Archived