2016 5* OT Gregory Little (Ole Miss commit)

RunInRed

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Here we go again. What's the deal with Ole Miss signing those 5 * recruits every year. I was told that we had a great shot at signing Gregory.

We were always 3rd or 4th on his list. Initially he was A&M to lose then for a while Ole Miss, Auburn, and bama lately he had been leaning Ole Miss part of that is distance. It is an 11 Hour Drive with no breaks from Allen, Tx. to Auburn, Al. that is quite a trip for a family. It is a little less than 8 hours to Ole Miss that extra 3 hours makes a big difference.

We were always 3rd or 4th on his list. Initially he was A&M to lose then for a while Ole Miss, Auburn, and bama lately he had been leaning Ole Miss part of that is distance. It is an 11 Hour Drive with no breaks from Allen, Tx. to Auburn, Al. that is quite a trip for a family. It is a little less than 8 hours to Ole Miss that extra 3 hours makes a big difference.

eh... drove to Allen from Auburn for a buddy's wedding when I was in school. Would have been a cakewalk if there wasn't a snowstorm through Louisiana and Mississippi on the way back.

eh... drove to Allen from Auburn for a buddy's wedding when I was in school. Would have been a cakewalk if there wasn't a snowstorm through Louisiana and Mississippi on the way back.

...once in a lifetime is a little different than every other weekend. Dumb comparison.

...once in a lifetime is a little different than every other weekend. Dumb comparison.

Really? I didn't realize that a drive changed when you did it more than once. I kind of thought that the laws of physics prevented such a thing. Guess I was wrong.

Thank you for your astute analysis...

Really? I didn't realize that a drive changed when you did it more than once. I kind of thought that the laws of physics prevented such a thing. Guess I was wrong.

Thank you for your astute analysis...

Hey, he may be rude, but at least he's not intelligent.

I do not understand why anyone would want to go to Ole Miss. It is a crappy school and is far worse that Mississippi State. They must be giving happy juice to recruits. We should never lose any recruits to Ole Miss and MSU as far as that goes.

I have been on that campus and have attended some UM and Auburn fans. The fans act like Ole Miss is Notre Dame or worse. Never been treated as poorly at any other school than UM. I have been treated better at LSU than UM. I wish they would go 0-12 for the next 10 years. Crappy, crappy, CRAPPY SCHOOL. Did I say UM is crappy?? Yes I did and did not say this enough.

I think maybe someone has either (1) closed his eyes every time he visited Oxford, Mississippi, which even a person raised in Starkville and holding two degrees from Auburn University can admit is pretty freaking charming or (2) closed his eyes every time Ole Miss has played football over the last three years. They're about to have 3 or 4 first round draft picks (depending on Tony Connor's health), and one of them is the guy Little is being brought in to replace: Laremy Tunsil. Right now, that's a heck of a program, and they've been pulling 5* caliber recruits from out-of-state for the last three years.

Little doesn't look out of place with Tunsil, Robert Nkemdiche, Laquon Treadwell, Evan Engram, DJ Jones, Shea Patterson... none of them are from Mississippi. That's not Ole Miss beating Auburn for a recruit. That's Ole Miss beating everyone for multiple recruits.

Little doesn't look out of place with Tunsil, Robert Nkemdiche, Laquon Treadwell, Evan Engram, DJ Jones, Shea Patterson... none of them are from Mississippi. That's not Ole Miss beating Auburn for a recruit. That's Ole Miss beating everyone for multiple recruits.

I think that's what a lot of people are trying to understand. How is Ole Miss landing these big time recruits. They don't have anything that other programs don't have and they are lacking in some areas that others aren't. Yea, they have pretty girls, but so does Auburn... and LSU... and both of those schools have better facilities and a much stronger football history.

He saw a guy get developed as one of the top picks in the nation at his position....they signed the number one qb to come in with him....why is this hard for anybody to see I don't know

Freeze connects with people. That's easy to see as well. They have a lot of momentum in that program right now. It was hard to see how they patched together the 2013 class, but it's not hard to see how they have taken advantage of that special class and built a program with a strong foundation.

Get ready for it to continue. Unless he gets into trouble, Chad Kelly is likely to be one of the top NFL prospects at QB next season, and even with Treadwell and Engram turning pro (guaranteed for one, very likely for the other), that's a loaded WR corp with Adeboyejo, Core, Stringfellow, and Pack all returning. The defense has been good even with the loss of two first team SEC guys in 2014 (Prewitt and Golson). They might take a step back losing the Nkemdiches and Tony Connor, but they won't disappear on that side of the ball.

He saw a guy get developed as one of the top picks in the nation at his position....they signed the number one qb to come in with him....why is this hard for anybody to see I don't know

Not to mention, OM isn't a bad place to spend a couple of quality years for a young and popular football player. :)

Exactly. People acting like there's no way a good player would go there....why not? I agree with the what they have that everybody else don't thinking but also what are they lacking that everybody else has? If a saw a guy get a high draft grade in my position, a freshman guy that would play right beside me already on the draft board and I'm coming in with one of the best qb prospects the school has ever had....not too hard of a decision actually

Well the Tackle from Louisiana is still on the board. Hopefully we can land him. Will Allen is his name I saw him on espn saying he loves baking cakes and country music so hopefully Auburn will feel like home to him.

Please move this thread and the Ben Davis thread to rivals land. I don't need A4E bumping these threads everyday with quotes like "maybe our coaches will reach out to him."

Exactly. People acting like there's no way a good player would go there....why not? I agree with the what they have that everybody else don't thinking but also what are they lacking that everybody else has? If a saw a guy get a high draft grade in my position, a freshman guy that would play right beside me already on the draft board and I'm coming in with one of the best qb prospects the school has ever had....not too hard of a decision actually

Yep....if folks look around the conference they will find that just about all of the schools have great campuses, very nice facilities and if the guy is good enough for the NFL, he will get there from about any school.

I rarely gripe or second-guess a recruit's decision....he's gotta live with the results and these days with such open recruiting the players usually make the best choice for themselves.

It's not hard to see why OM gets good players. The girls there look better than at Auburn and I currently go to Auburn. Now Auburn out ranks the rest of the SEC West but OM has us beat there and it's not close.

It's not hard to see why OM gets good players. The girls there look better than at Auburn and I currently go to Auburn. Now Auburn out ranks the rest of the SEC West but OM has us beat there and it's not close.

I'm not going to argue that Ole Miss has more good looking girls. I'm actually not sure that they do, but I think they probably have a higher ratio of hot girls to not hot girls than Auburn. Those are just my observations. However, I think Auburn has many, many more quality girls who are also hot.

Source: Ole Miss grad who married an Auburn girl.

I'm not going to argue that Ole Miss has more good looking girls. I'm actually not sure that they do, but I think they probably have a higher ratio of hot girls to not hot girls than Auburn. Those are just my observations. However, I think Auburn has many, many more quality girls who are also hot.

Source: Ole Miss grad who married an Auburn girl.

Well, talk about winning a debate with one sentence! Kudos. :)

Archived