It's Go Time

Conference play opens at home this Friday with a series versus (beatable) aTm. Then we get our oil checked in Knoxville against currently 15-1 UT. The Vols only loss was the first game of a three game series they won at Arizona State. Defense has been unbelievably shaky as we vaulted into an overwhelming lead(?) for last place in the SEC with 11 errors over the last three games. Hitting is getting healthier but we still lack punch at critical opportunities. Damek Tomscha is the only serious long ball threat in the lineup thus far. Let's hope starting pitching continues to stay strong and Terrance Dedrick returns to last year's form (tomorrow). I believe we'll see Coach Golloway continue to stay overly aggressive on the bases until this team establishes it's offensive identity. As always, the over/under for a ticket to the first station on the train ride to Omaha will be 15 conference wins. War Eagle.

Nice to start the SEC season this year against a beatable team....last year's start with LSU and Vandy put the team in a hole they never really got out of.

I think it's starting to come together. Sometimes a rough moment is worth it in the end.

Conference play opens at home this Friday with a series versus (beatable) aTm. Then we get our oil checked in Knoxville against currently 15-1 UT. The Vols only loss was the first game of a three game series they won at Arizona State. Defense has been unbelievably shaky as we vaulted into an overwhelming lead(?) for last place in the SEC with 11 errors over the last three games. Hitting is getting healthier but we still lack punch at critical opportunities. Damek Tomscha is the only serious long ball threat in the lineup thus far. Let's hope starting pitching continues to stay strong and Terrance Dedrick returns to last year's form (tomorrow). I believe we'll see Coach Golloway continue to stay overly aggressive on the bases until this team establishes it's offensive identity. As always, the over/under for a ticket to the first station on the train ride to Omaha will be 15 conference wins. War Eagle.

I don't follow college baseball too closely, so that's good to know. Do we have a general idea of how many conference wins it would take to host a regional?

I don't follow college baseball too closely, so that's good to know. Do we have a general idea of how many conference wins it would take to host a regional?

A general rule of thumb is it takes a 15-15 conference record plus overall at least .500 to make the tournament. Hosting depends a lot on RPI. Since we don't have any big-name non-conference opponents we'll be hard put to host one without a big-time run through the conference schedule. Maybe by next year we can pick up a few series vs. FSU, Ga. Tech, Clemson and the like to help with the RPI.

A general rule of thumb is it takes a 15-15 conference record plus overall at least .500 to make the tournament. Hosting depends a lot on RPI. Since we don't have any big-name non-conference opponents we'll be hard put to host one without a big-time run through the conference schedule. Maybe by next year we can pick up a few series vs. FSU, Ga. Tech, Clemson and the like to help with the RPI.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Archived