2015 4* LB/S Montavious Atkinson commits to AU!

metafour

The Tennessee sites are notoriously delusional. I wouldn't waste a thought on this unless confirmed elsewhere. I don't think we're losing interest, according to postings this guy has been doing great at the camps.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UT is definitely a threat here. Monty visited the Vols twice in June on back to back weekends and he would rather play LB which is where the Vols are recruiting him.Plus Monty said in the past he was concerned with the number of stars/safeties we are taking in this class.

UT is definitely a threat here. Monty visited the Vols twice in June on back to back weekends and he would rather play LB which is where the Vols are recruiting him.Plus Monty said in the past he was concerned with the number of stars/safeties we are taking in this class.

Our coaches should be smart enough to show this kid that we have gaping holes at LB and only one guy committed if LB is where he wants to play. We can use him there. I'd have to agree with him that we've already got plenty of "star" types.

im not worried if he sticks good if not, thats another spot for someone else. i kind of would prefer the latter for the fact we have several star commits and we are still in the fold for a lot of top talent

im not worried if he sticks good if not, thats another spot for someone else. i kind of would prefer the latter for the fact we have several star commits and we are still in the fold for a lot of top talent

Yes, but what we'd be doing is losing the guy some consider to be our best Star prospect. If we're going to dump one, lets pull from the bottom, not the top.

Yes, but what we'd be doing is losing the guy some consider to be our best Star prospect. If we're going to dump one, lets pull from the bottom, not the top.

Don't forget about Colbert. We recruit the Star to be able to play that position or boundary safety. If Atkinson decides to go then look at Colbert/Sullivan at Star Tray Matthews at Boundary and Edwards at field.

Atkinson tweeted, it is great to be an Auburn Tiger!! Can't post the link, maybe somebody can help me out.

thanks, maybe we can hold on to him after all the reports of him being disgruntled with our depth chart.

Also found this... (Copy and paste link)

https://mobile.twitt...235506143399937

who is this troll, Bennett Bickerstaff? Is this guy serious?

Not a troll, probably some old guy who doesn't know much about recruiting, talking out of his a$$. A guy with 4 followers isn't going to make MA decommit from Auburn.

Also found this... (Copy and paste link)

https://mobile.twitt...235506143399937

That was from June 26th. Things can obviously have changed since then.

Oh my bad. When was his last visit to UT?

The last 2 weekends before the dead period started on back to back weekends.The June 28th tweet was after the UT visits and the day before the dead period started.

He retweeted some adult content in late June. I hope that was something hacking his account.

I'll be surprised if Atkinson and Harrell become Auburn Tigers on signing day.

Why do you say that? Is it a gut feeling (based on their mixed signals) or do you have a little inside information? or both?

You know I'm your buddy, but I have to disagree with you here. I'll be surprised if they aren't. We could lose one but I doubt both. JMO buddy. :cheers:

Why do you say that? Is it a gut feeling (based on their mixed signals) or do you have a little inside information? or both?

It's his opinion. I understand why he says that given Monty has said for months he is concerned about the number of potential Star recruits AU has in this class, he visited Tennessee on back to back weekends just before the dead period, and he has said he'd rather play LB (where Tennessee is recruiting him) than Star or safety where AU is recruiting him.

And there is this

Auburn commitment Montavious Atkinson, a four-star rising senior linebacker from Langston Hughes High School in Fairburn, Ga., told 247Sports that he visited Tennessee on Thursday.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Atkinson said he's planning to continue his stay at Tennessee on Friday. It's at least his fourth visit with the Vols since Marxh.

Atkinson, a teammate and friend of Top247 defensive end D'Andre Walker, has been committed to Auburn since March. He's ranked the nation's No. 15 inside linebacker in the 247Sports Composite for the 2015 class.

With visits the last 2 weekends to Tennessee before the dead period and 1 the week after the dead period is over, it does not look good for the good guys here.

Archived