2015 4* LB/S Montavious Atkinson commits to AU!

metafour

So, this guy is rated as the #15 inside linebacker but we're telling him he's not welcome at his preferred position of LB here, he'll have to play safety or star? All the while knowing we have only one LB committed? Makes no sense to me!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, this guy is rated as the #15 inside linebacker but we're telling him he's not welcome at his preferred position of LB here, he'll have to play safety or star? All the while knowing we have only one LB committed? Makes no sense to me!

I doubt it's like that. We are recruiting him at Star or safety but my guess is we'd welcome him and keep him at LB should that be where he ends up.

Updated title to soft verbal to reflect current status. Please do not post negatively about Monty as his recruitment cointinues

I doubt it's like that. We are recruiting him at Star or safety but my guess is we'd welcome him and keep him at LB should that be where he ends up.

It was stated upthread that one big reason he is flirting with Tennessee is that they are telling him he'll play linebacker there. That leaves one to believe he's not been offered that option at Auburn.

It was stated upthread that one big reason he is flirting with Tennessee is that they are telling him he'll play linebacker there. That leaves one to believe he's not been offered that option at Auburn.

UT is telling MA that he will start day one. Thats UT big pull with Atkinson and he is very intrigued.

And AU is telling him that they like him better at Star but he will get a chance to play where he fits best. If that is at outside LBer then so be it. Inside, OK. Don't think AU is being short sided recruiting these kids. We have some of the best recruiters in all of college football. But they do take pride, DC & RG especially, with keeping it "real" with these kids. Thats why they are the best in the business.

It seems like that's UT's pitch to everyone these days...

And its not that far from the truth. They are hurting for sure.

I don't feel bad for them though. They can't develop talent like other teams.

Seeing as Atkinson is no longer a solid verbal, and E Sullivan is going to dawg night this weekend with Ledbetter (Bama dt commit who is expected to flip to the dawgs and goes to Tucker HS with Sullivan), and hoping for an offer from UGA, how much does this change our recruiting picture at the Star position?

Seeing as Atkinson is no longer a solid verbal, and E Sullivan is going to dawg night this weekend with Ledbetter (Bama dt commit who is expected to flip to the dawgs and goes to Tucker HS with Sullivan), and hoping for an offer from UGA, how much does this change our recruiting picture at the Star position?

I wonder if Coney is a possibility at Star?

IMO it doesn't. Remember the chances of anybody not named Therezie, Garrett, or Alexander playing Star this season is highly unlikely. I don't see us losing Sully.If Monty were to flip we still have 4 combined Stars/Safeties in this class with Sully, Colbert, Edwards, and Tray Matthews. Lastly Colbert is a star candidate also.

It seems like that's UT's pitch to everyone these days...

And its not that far from the truth. They are hurting for sure.

The thing I don't like about it is that it has been a while since UT has taken commits away from AU. I do not want that to become a regular happening.

IMO it doesn't. Remember the chances of anybody not named Therezie, Garrett, or Alexander playing Star this season is highly unlikely. I don't see us losing Sully.If Monty were to flip we still have 4 combined Stars/Safeties in this class with Sully, Colbert, Edwards, and Tray Matthews. Lastly Colbert is a star candidate also.

Thanks, so hypothetically losing him could be a good thing in the big picture due to lack of open slots? Not bashing the kid or his ability but with 0 DL commits to date and lots of big fish in the DL pond this year one could say that this was mutually beneficial to both parties, yes?

Thanks, so hypothetically losing him could be a good thing in the big picture due to lack of open slots? Not bashing the kid or his ability but with 0 DL commits to date and lots of big fish in the DL pond this year one could say that this was mutually beneficial to both parties, yes?

I do not agree. Atkinson is very good and we really do not want him elsewhere.

I do not agree. Atkinson is very good and we really do not want him elsewhere.

Yep. There would be no way to hang a positive on losing Atkinson. He's been showing out at the camps and he's good enough to help us. If he flips it will be a minus, not a plus.

I would not go that far. My understanding is the staff really likes Monty and is still recruiting him hard. Also we will likely sign at least 4, likely 5, DLs regardless of whether we lose a Star commitment or not. We have 10 or 11 open spots right now pending when Golson goes on scholly and of those spots 5 DL are in the top 7 or 8 on the priority list for the staff

Seems like we are on the verge of losing momentum in recruiting

Considering at this time of the year we normally do not have this many and this strong a class I don't understand that statement. A lot of players start showing out in their Senior year. So there are kids we haven't even mentioned that might pop up once the season starts and on top of that many of the top players wait to things like the army game or NSD.

we obviously lost momentum. we got 6 recruits in like 2 weeks at one point. That number is nowhere near sustainable. I am happy with 1 commitment a month during the summer. Im more concerned about losing commitments than anything. Such as Harrell, Bridges, and Atkinson, and where do we stand with the linebacker Darryl Williams?

we obviously lost momentum. we got 6 recruits in like 2 weeks at one point. Im more concerned about losing commitments than anything. Such as Harrell, Bridges, and Atkinson, and where do we stand with the linebacker Darryl Williams?

Basically this is wrong. Several of our recruits now are national recruits. They move slowly. We still look very good. We are leading for some of the highest recruited players in the country.

Archived