Coppin State - Game 2

Did anybody get a look at Kevin Davis on the mound? The kid has an over powering fastball (92+), but he didn't last long today. Jay Wade on in relief with no outs and two on in the second and down 1-0.

Think I saw where Dedrick came in during the middle innings in relief. Probably a good move to give him some work without any pressure. Or I suppose it could mean we're going with the hot hand to close out games.

Think I saw where Dedrick came in during the middle innings in relief. Probably a good move to give him some work without any pressure. Or I suppose it could mean we're going with the hot hand to close out games.

Coach was changing pitchers about every two innings. I think he was just getting guys some work in a game situation.

Golloway said post-game they had intended to throw as many guys as they could. They actually used every position player that was available. He spoke about these kinds of games being important, not from a skills improvement standpoint, but in terms of helping morale, chemistry and just plain having fun.

When they go to 4-2 in conference play this weekend, I'm changing my title to CSG Bandwagon Seating Director.

Archived