2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

We've heard it the last 2 years with Reuben and Rashaan being all Auburn in mid to late January before taking visits to Tuscaloosa even though there was "nothing to worry about". No disrespect to 23 or anyone else, but Auburn fans above all people should never count Saban and his recruiting tactics out. If Kerryon was 100%, he wouldn't be visiting other schools. That's not to say that he isn't 95%, but I want feel good about this until he sends in his letter in February.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kerryon acts compleltey different compared to Rueban and Rashaan. Kerryon is not only committed but actively recruits for us. Rueban decommited due to staff turnover and Rashaan played the whole staff. Kerryon is different. If I had an all expense paid trip to a prestigious university where they tell me how great I am, I'd go too.

Kerryon acts compleltey different compared to Rueban and Rashaan. Kerryon is not only committed but actively recruits for us. Rueban decommited due to staff turnover and Rashaan played the whole staff. Kerryon is different. If I had an all expense paid trip to a prestigious university where they tell me how great I am, I'd go too.

Yeah, I won't say he's 100%, but maybe 98%.

Kerryon is in no way even remotely like Foster/Evans. I realize most of you have never met him so I get the trying to compare situations and all, but it's a night and day situation. Kid is all AU.

A player committed to us is mentioned in the same breath as Alabama!!!

HIT THE PANIC BUTTON!!!!!

Yeldon, Foster, Philon and not to mention Evans. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Don't act like people are crazy for raising an eyebrow.

Yeldon, Foster, Philon and not to mention Evans. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Don't act like people are crazy for raising an eyebrow.

Foster and Evans were inside jobs. They played us so it's on them. Yeldon is a hack job and Philon is for Philon. That said its called recruiting for a reason.

Foster and Evans were inside jobs. They played us so it's on them. Yeldon is a hack job and Philon is for Philon. That said its called recruiting for a reason.

Umm....what?

I'll add Dee Liner. That's three 5* prospects and two 4* guys that flipped after committing to Auburn. Now, percentage wise, most of our commits don't flip. However, the "don't worry be happy" crowd is ignoring history when they belittle AU fans for being concerned.

I'll add Dee Liner. That's three 5* prospects and two 4* guys that flipped after committing to Auburn. Now, percentage wise, most of our commits don't flip. However, the "don't worry be happy" crowd is ignoring history when they belittle AU fans for being concerned.

I wasn't worried about that immature kid flipping. Let bama have him. He will never see the field.

I wasn't worried about that immature kid flipping. Let bama have him. He will never see the field.

Whether anyone was worried or how he turns out is not the point. The point is that that's one more example of a highly rated kid committed to Auburn that was flipped.

Whether anyone was worried or how he turns out is not the point. The point is that that's one more example of a highly rated kid committed to Auburn that was flipped.

I'm not belittling anyone.

It's just sad how we panic everytime a player does anything related to alabama. Like they're the playground bully coming to take our lunch money and it's innevitable

raising an eyebrow is one thing but with exeption of yeldon early in the process, these others were flip flops and 2 happened during the worst season i have ever witnessed at AU. not appropriate to compare with those guys. I would feel better if he used his OVs to see the west coast or the great lakes or the rocky mountains, not west vance or Tallahassee.

Foster flipped from uat to AU, then flipped back months before NSD. We had ample opportunity, but parting ways with Taylor ended any chance we had at getting him back.

Similar deal with Philon, except it was the September before NSD. And, as it turned out, we didn't lose him to uat.

Coaching change also impacted Liner. I believe when the new staff got silent commitments from Adams and Daniels, and a re-up from Lawson, Liner became more of a luxury than a can't-miss, and we gave him an ultimatum. He visited uat anyway, and we pulled his offer.

Evans never committed to AU.

Yeldon was a surprise, but I'm not sweating him anymore---when we lost him we turned up the heat on Tre Mason.

Calloway turned out to be a bust on and off the field.

Kouandjio (sp?) didn't hurt as much because we got a better player at that position in Greg Robinson.

WDE!

Foster flipped from uat to AU, then flipped back months before NSD. We had ample opportunity, but parting ways with Taylor ended any chance we had at getting him back.

Similar deal with Philon, except it was the September before NSD. And, as it turned out, we didn't lose him to uat.

Coaching change also impacted Liner. I believe when the new staff got silent commitments from Adams and Daniels, and a re-up from Lawson, Liner became more of a luxury than a can't-miss, and we gave him an ultimatum. He visited uat anyway, and we pulled his offer.

Yeldon was a surprise, but I'm not sweating him anymore---when we lost him we turned up the heat on Tre Mason.

Kouandjio (sp?) didn't hurt as much because we got a better player at that position in Greg Robinson.

WDE!

The long list you just provided demonstrates that there is always cause for concern. Some don't flip. Shaun Coleman, Roc Thomas and Tre Williams are examples of prospects that stuck with AU in spite of the UAT full court press. But anyone looking at the above list and still saying there is no cause for concern about a top prospect flipping to UAT is kidding themselves.

WDE!

The long list you just provided demonstrates that there is always cause for concern. Some don't flip. Shaun Coleman, Roc Thomas and Tre Williams are examples of prospects that stuck with AU in spite of the UAT full court press. But anyone looking at the above list and still saying there is no cause for concern about a top prospect flipping to UAT is kidding themselves.

Yep. And bragging that we didn't lose Philon to UAT...seriously? They stole him then decided they didn't want him.

WDE!

If we're speaking in absolutes, I don't disagree. There's no reason to be happy about your fiancé going on a date with somebody else.

But not all flips are equal.

WDE!

WDE!

Yep. And bragging that we didn't lose Philon to UAT...seriously? They stole him then decided they didn't want him.

Bragging? People see what they want to see, I suppose.

If I have to pick a side, I'm in the camp with those who don't like our recruits visiting other schools even if said recruit's commitment is considered very strong. But I realize there's nothing I can do about it so I try to stay positive.

The point of the list is to add some chlorine to the water on this issue of recruits flipping to uat. If we're keeping score, consider the seven guys on that list...

Evans and Kouandjio never flipped, so that's five. Foster and Calloway flipped to us from uat, down to three. Liner and Philon created situations where they were no longer welcome at Auburn. That leaves Yeldon. At the time, it was extremely frustrating, but I think we're ultimately better off without him.

(With the possible and inexplicable exception of a former AU coach) it should go without saying that every team wants to sign as many stud recruits as possible. And while I believe all of those guys on the list would have helped us along the way, I can't bring myself to pick seven Auburn men that I would want to part with to make room for a bunch of turds and a feces-eating pig.

WDE!

WDE!

Bragging? People see what they want to see, I suppose.

If I have to pick a side, I'm in the camp with those who don't like our recruits visiting other schools even if said recruit's commitment is considered very strong. But I realize there's nothing I can do about it so I try to stay positive.

The point of the list is to add some chlorine to the water on this issue of recruits flipping to uat. If we're keeping score, consider the seven guys on that list...

Evans and Kouandjio never flipped, so that's five. Foster and Calloway flipped to us from uat, down to three. Liner and Philon created situations where they were no longer welcome at Auburn. That leaves Yeldon. At the time, it was extremely frustrating, but I think we're ultimately better off without him.

(With the possible and inexplicable exception of a former AU coach) it should go without saying that every team wants to sign as many stud recruits as possible. And while I believe all of those guys on the list would have helped us along the way, I can't bring myself to pick seven Auburn men that I would want to part with to make room for a bunch of turds and a feces-eating pig.

WDE!

Kouandjio announced he was signing with AU on national TV. If that's not a flip I've never seen one. Technically, Evans didn't flip but everybody including the butler had him going to AU. So scratch Evans and the list is down to six, where it stays. What they did before they committed to AU or how well they worked out afterward does not in any way mitigate the fact that they flipped from AU to UAT. "To ignore history is to repeat it".

Archived