2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

KJ isn't going anywhere.. I'm surprised our two best sources are hearing differently though.

I'm hearing a lot of smoke from the other side. Have for a while. And these guys know. With KJ visiting uat everyone should be concerned. He is a priority for uat.

If KJ is legitimately a concern then if he were to flip it would in the end be one of the biggest screw jobs a recruit has ever done to a school. I don't see that in KJ's character. He has been one of the strongest recruiters for AU publicly and behind the scenes. Usually when a kid is a legit flip candidate they stop recruiting for their committed school. KJ is and has been recruiting for AU strongly since the day he committed. He has maintained from day 1, including the day he committed to AU, that he would OV Bama and FSU because he felt he owed them that much. Now I don't agree with his thinking there but I can respect it because that's been his word all along. With all due respect WDE I just won't believe he is a legitimate flip candidate til he stops recruitoing for AU or actually flips.

E, I love you man. But you guys have to start waking up. Alabama has done this the last 3 years. All situations were different, but they all have the same underlying theme. It's not enough for Bama to have the #1 class. They won't to top it off by undermining our class. They have their class almost fully intact and now they are going to spend January going after one or more Auburn recruits to get them to flip. And I have no doubt that Saban and Smart can use KJ's performance at the UA game and practices to show him that they can make him an elite safety just like they did with Barron, Lester, HaHa, Collins, etc.... I'm in total agreement with WDE. If he was one of the most solid recruits, he wouldn't be visiting UAT. Period.

uat is recruiting KJ to play offense not defense. Fwiw.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E, I love you man. But you guys have to start waking up. Alabama has done this the last 3 years. All situations were different, but they all have the same underlying theme. It's not enough for Bama to have the #1 class. They won't to top it off by undermining our class. They have their class almost fully intact and now they are going to spend January going after one or more Auburn recruits to get them to flip. And I have no doubt that Saban and Smart can use KJ's performance at the UA game and practices to show him that they can make him an elite safety just like they did with Barron, Lester, HaHa, Collins, etc.... I'm in total agreement with WDE. If he was one of the most solid recruits, he wouldn't be visiting UAT. Period.

Read this very carefully. KJ does not want to play safety in college P-E-R-I-O-D! The true strength of a commitment in recruiting is more how much are you recruiting for your school and not are you taking visit since many of the kids including KJ sees taking other visits as a once in a lifetime opportunity. Also every other kid Bama flipped stopped recruiting for the school they were committed to before they flipped. KJ has not shown the slightest sign of slowing down his recruiting for Auburn to this point.

Last report was they are recruiting him as an athlete but prefer him at safety.

Read this very carefully. KJ does not want to play safety in college P-E-R-I-O-D! The true strength of a commitment in recruiting is more how much are you recruiting for your school and not are you taking visit since many of the kids including KJ sees taking other visits as a once in a lifetime opportunity. Also every other kid Bama flipped stopped recruiting for the school they were committed to before they flipped. KJ has not shown the slightest sign of slowing down his recruiting for Auburn to this point.

This!

KJ isn't going anywhere.. I'm surprised our two best sources are hearing differently though.

I'm hearing a lot of smoke from the other side. Have for a while. And these guys know. With KJ visiting uat everyone should be concerned. He is a priority for uat.

If KJ is legitimately a concern then if he were to flip it would in the end be one of the biggest screw jobs a recruit has ever done to a school. I don't see that in KJ's character. He has been one of the strongest recruiters for AU publicly and behind the scenes. Usually when a kid is a legit flip candidate they stop recruiting for their committed school. KJ is and has been recruiting for AU strongly since the day he committed. He has maintained from day 1, including the day he committed to AU, that he would OV Bama and FSU because he felt he owed them that much. Now I don't agree with his thinking there but I can respect it because that's been his word all along. With all due respect WDE I just won't believe he is a legitimate flip candidate til he stops recruitoing for AU or actually flips.

If this was Daron Payne who had committed or someone else, I'd be more likely to agree with you. But guys like KJ, Tyler Queen, etc have seemed to be our most committed recruits all along. This feels way more like Tre Williams taking a visit to Bama last year than it does Rashaan Evans or Reuben

That's what they told Cory Grant, too.

He might be up there as a mole. Role reversal from years gone by.

At DB. He wants to play RB, which is where we have always told him he would play.

The kid has never lied or wavered in what he was going to do. He always said he would take the visit. He isn't a Yeldon, Foster or Evans all of them had character issues. KJ has not shown that at all.

I don't mean to cast aspersions on KJ in the least. I believe he's a good kid and solid to AU, as many have said. But, at the same time, I don't see any reason to doubt WDE. He's hearing what he's hearing, and he's telling it to us. That's what he does; and I, for one, appreciate it.

As with all of this stuff at this time of year, its TIFWIW. No one knows 100%.

I'm hoping that what WDE is hearing is false bravado from fear-mongering bammers spouting off. It wouldn't be the first time they did such. But the last few years speak to their success in messing with us. At the same time, what E and others are saying about KJ still recruiting for us makes sense.

I'm optimistic that he sticks with the good guys. But I'm not going to pretend like I didn't hear what WDE is saying. And I believe, at least, that he's giving us his honest opinion on the matter. That's all we can ask for, I think.

I don't mean to cast aspersions on KJ in the least. I believe he's a good kid and solid to AU, as many have said. But, at the same time, I don't see any reason to doubt WDE. He's hearing what he's hearing, and he's telling it to us. That's what he does; and I, for one, appreciate it.

I'm hoping that what WDE is hearing is false bravado from fear-mongering bammers spouting off. It wouldn't be the first time they did such. But the last few years speak to their success in messing with us. At the same time, what E and others are saying about KJ still recruiting for us makes sense.

I'm optimistic that he sticks with the good guys. But I'm not going to pretend like I didn't hear what WDE is saying. And I believe, at least, that he's giving us his honest opinion on the matter. That's all we can ask for, I think.

Exactly^^^^ if it were anyone else other than E, 23, titan, bird, gulf, etc... I would blow it off. This had a little nugget to it. But I hope it's all smog instead of smoke

Like I said many times before KJ is one of the strongest if not the strongest commitment we have

Someone is being worked. uat thinks they have a great shot at flipping KJ. And if KJ were one of the strongest commits we have he would not be visiting uat.

Afraid of this^^ once he was elevated to #1 player in the state

Very well said!

Like I said many times before KJ is one of the strongest if not the strongest commitment we have

Someone is being worked. uat thinks they have a great shot at flipping KJ. And if KJ were one of the strongest commits we have he would not be visiting uat.

Afraid of this^^ once he was elevated to #1 player in the state

Yup. It could be TJ Yeldon all over again, but I REALLY hope not. I want him in Orange and Blue.

The kid has never lied or wavered in what he was going to do. He always said he would take the visit. He isn't a Yeldon, Foster or Evans all of them had character issues. KJ has not shown that at all.

I know you all hate the kids but what character issues did Evans and Yeldon have?

If you look back at the recruiting on both of them you will see questions about whether they would switch. Time after time they reaffirmed they where staying right up until the last minute. The difference here is that KJ is still recruiting for Auburn. Yeldon and Evans didn't do that. Both Yeldon and Evans lied repeatedly when all thy time they were going behind the coaches backs. Please don't try to give me that they are kids either because an 18 year old should know better. Mine do. And yes lying is a character issue.

If you look back at the recruiting on both of them you will see questions about whether they would switch. Time after time they reaffirmed they where staying right up until the last minute. The difference here is that KJ is still recruiting for Auburn. Yeldon and Evans didn't do that. Both Yeldon and Evans lied repeatedly when all thy time they were going behind the coaches backs. Please don't try to give me that they are kids either because an 18 year old should know better. Mine do. And yes lying is a character issue.

True in the case of Yeldon. To be honest, Evans never committed to Auburn. He certainly did nothing to keep the "insiders" from saying he was an Auburn lock, but I do think he intended to sign with Auburn. His underachieving, underhanded father did the dirty work in Evan's case.

Lol. Ok, I thought you were referring to bad kids or whatnot but you're saying they didn't go to Auburn, got ya

Lol. Ok, I thought you were referring to bad kids or whatnot but you're saying they didn't go to Auburn, got ya

There was more to the Yeldon situation than him not signing with Auburn, as you well know.

True in the case of Yeldon. To be honest, Evans never committed to Auburn. He certainly did nothing to keep the "insiders" from saying he was an Auburn lock, but I do think he intended to sign with Auburn. His underachieving, underhanded father did the dirty work in Evan's case.

R. Evans told Gus that he was coming to AU.

And I'm not saying KJ is going to uat. I'm just tell you folks what some WELL connected updykes are telling me. I'd blow it off but they have not changed their tune for months. My gut says he sticks with AU. But JK visiting uat is NOT a good thing. To blow the visit off as a favor to uat is stupid.

There was more to the Yeldon situation than him not signing with Auburn, as you well know.

No I don't but I know our school's coaches weren't the smartest or the hardest workers during that recruiting period either

Whatever his father did, Evans lied to the coaches up to the last minute, per a well respected recruiting insider here. A bold faced liar has character issues IMO.

Archived