2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

He and DeAnfernee McGriff are also planning to room together. I think he's about as solid as he can be. Yes I dislike the fact he's going to OV at Turdville but we gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure he's been recruiting for us all along.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He and DeAnfernee McGriff are also planning to room together. I think he's about as solid as he can be. Yes I dislike the fact he's going to OV at Turdville but we gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure he's been recruiting for us all along.

Maybe he does to bama what foster did to us.....that may be a good enough reason to go to ttown...

Maybe he does to bama what foster did to us.....that may be a good enough reason to go to ttown...

None of that is going to happen. He will be in O&B. He may play like a 5 star for us. Kid is a a Football player.

Ha that would be awesome

I live 10 minutes from his high school so I know about half of their football team. Kerryon is 100% Auburn. everybody calm down.

Ha, you live a lot closer to the school than the majority of the team then. :) Must be nice for MA to not have to be restricted by little things like school zoning.

My girl stays in the apts right up the street. I actually played b ball with the team during the summer. They have a guy on the b ball team that's awesome. Lots of athletes at that school it seems. My cousin who is a national top 100 recruit almost transferred there, those guys on the same team would have been sick

Just read my post, sorry for rambling I didn't mean to derail the thread. My apologises

My girl stays in the apts right up the street. I actually played b ball with the team during the summer. They have a guy on the b ball team that's awesome. Lots of athletes at that school it seems. My cousin who is a national top 100 recruit almost transferred there, those guys on the same team would have been sick

Just read my post, sorry for rambling I didn't mean to derail the thread. My apologises

Josh Langford

I live in Madison too and have several friends who go to MA and who play with him. Have gone to a lot of their games as well. They all say 100% AU and most are big Bama fans who have just given up hope to ever get him.

MA recruit athletes, that's one reason why there is so much talent. I really don't see the problem with this but you hear a lot of criticism about it. Who cares if they offer scholarships based on athletics? They are a private school....they can do that. Plus those kids are getting a TOP education as MA is a tough school.

they are being penalized for the fact that they are a private school.......I agree that they should take advantage of that fact.

I live in Madison too and have several friends who go to MA and who play with him. Have gone to a lot of their games as well. They all say 100% AU and most are big Bama fans who have just given up hope to ever get him.

MA recruit athletes, that's one reason why there is so much talent. I really don't see the problem with this but you hear a lot of criticism about it. Who cares if they offer scholarships based on athletics? They are a private school....they can do that. Plus those kids are getting a TOP education as MA is a tough school.

they are being penalized for the fact that they are a private school.......I agree that they should take advantage of that fact.

The reason for the criticism is bc of the public schools inability to recruit due to the rules from the AHSAA causing a very unlevel playing field. But the wonderful AHSAA allows private schools to play in the public school league even though it has a private school league. Other states allow private schools to play in the public school leagues but restrict them in the playoffs to a certain degree. California being an example. Look at the playoff brackets in major sports in 1A-5A in the recent years and you will see them littered with private schools. Not exactly a level playing field. Not saying they should not take advantage, just saying that's where the criticism comes from.

I live right down the street from MA. You are 100% correct!

Alabama got a commitment from RB Harris. Scout should put him back to solid verbal.

....and drop a star. If Alabama is going to cool off from him it obviously means he needs to lose a star (rolling eyes).

Alabama got a commitment from RB Harris. Scout should put him back to solid verbal.

Should have never been put a soft commit. He's always been a hard commit. He's been a made of his word. He has always said, even when he committed to AU, that he would OV Bama and FSU because in his mind that was the right thing to do.

Any of you catch air on the railroad crossing near that school?

Catch Air? - more like leave the front end of your car on the pavement

Scout has a long-standing policy of listing prospects as a soft verbal if they are still visiting other schools. To my knowledge that's not varied over the years, no matter how firm the recruit may be in his own mind.

Any of you catch air on the railroad crossing near that school?

Catch Air? - more like leave the front end of your car on the pavement

I got air and did leave my tires & rim on the road the first time i ever crossed there. Of course that was long before MA was there... Many, Many, Many moons ago.

The reason for the criticism is bc of the public schools inability to recruit due to the rules from the AHSAA causing a very unlevel playing field. But the wonderful AHSAA allows private schools to play in the public school league even though it has a private school league. Other states allow private schools to play in the public school leagues but restrict them in the playoffs to a certain degree. California being an example. Look at the playoff brackets in major sports in 1A-5A in the recent years and you will see them littered with private schools. Not exactly a level playing field. Not saying they should not take advantage, just saying that's where the criticism comes from.

Doesn't the AHSAA require private schools to play up two classifications from their attendance numbers, or something like that, to level out the playing field? It seems like I remember that from a few years back when Briarwood was kicking everybody's rear ends in 3A.

Archived