2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

KJ is the prototypical field safety. Great range and ball skills. Oh and I've noticed we need some help back there too.

Trigga tray is waiting his turn. Safety is not the position I am most concerned with, recruiting wise.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KJ is the prototypical field safety. Great range and ball skills. Oh and I've noticed we need some help back there too.

Trigga tray is waiting his turn. Safety is not the position I am most concerned with, recruiting wise.

Agreed. Rudy will be the other safety barring injury and he will get better with time. I usually don't like the term most important recruit but given our struggles in the secondary I think it's vital we hold on to a shut down corner and likely starter in Tony Bridges.

Agreed. Rudy will be the other safety barring injury and he will get better with time. I usually don't like the term most important recruit but given our struggles in the secondary I think it's vital we hold on to a shut down corner and likely starter in Tony Bridges.

Nailed this one ^^

Yes, I see Roc, and Jovon as the primary backs, but Chubb was getting some good carries for Georgia as the third back this year. I am lookng forward to Johnson being on the plains, just trying to get a measuring stick on him.

Gus does not usually do that. He usually finds 1 or 2 and rides them. If there is a 3rd back contributing next year Barber is much more likely.

Johnson could play that Ricardo role. Running back, wide out basically, just pure weapon. A gamebreaker

I'm with you E. Safety should be better with Ford, Trigga, and another year for Moncrief and Roberts. I'm hoping one of those guys can replace what Whitehead has meant to that secondary. Bridges has to play for us. Not a lot of bodies at CB.

I'm with you E. Safety should be better with Ford, Trigga, and another year for Moncrief and Roberts. I'm hoping one of those guys can replace what Whitehead has meant to that secondary. Bridges has to play for us. Not a lot of bodies at CB.

Holsey and Jones at corner?

I'm excited to see what Turner, Roberts, and Bessent can do at CB.

I'm excited to see what Turner, Roberts, and Bessent can do at CB.

Roberts could move to CB but there is no indication of that yet. AU recruited him at safety and that's where he has remaned so far.

I still think KJ comes in as an offensive player, that's what his bread and butter is and what initially got his name out to begin with. He just happens to be an exceptional athlete who can simply walk out and excel at most positions (and in most sports for that matter). Bottom line is he is a baller and the coaches will make the most of it.

I definitely think we have offense on our mind for Kerryon. The only way I see him shifting to the defense is if we find ourselves in a spot like we did with Rudy Ford. We had no bodies. He had to move to defense because we need second stringers. If we get that thin at Safety, I could see moving Johnson to defense. Short of that, I expect to see him in a Mario Fannin-type role (30+ carries and 40+ receptions in 2009) early in his career.

Seems players like Johnson and Rudy Ford would have it in their best interests to play defense as the RB position is bringing in less and less money for these guys per season as the years progress, coupled with shorter careers.

But scoring TDs get the girls and media attention, so there's that too. lol

136 yds on 8 carries and 2 TD's- and he threw a TD out of the wildcat for good measure- for KJ last night. Also another pick 6 on D for the second straight week. Pretty average game by KJ I'd say. :)

136 yds on 8 carries and 2 TD's- and he threw a TD out of the wildcat for good measure- for KJ last night. Also another pick 6 on D for the second straight week. Pretty average game by KJ I'd say. :)

steppin it up. He had a receiving td of 47 yards, one of his rushing td's was 59 yards, and his pick6 went for 50 yards. Big plays in big games. Me likey

Anybody see the tweet how he was saying he's disappointed with the heart AU showed vs UGA and couldn't get on board with the effort? Or something to that effect. Definitely was not a positive tweet for AU

Anybody see the tweet how he was saying he's disappointed with the heart AU showed vs UGA and couldn't get on board with the effort? Or something to that effect. Definitely was not a positive tweet for AU

If he did post something like that it has been deleted from his timeline.

If he did post something like that it has been deleted from his timeline.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AyeyoKEJO/status/533821376843751424

i think its good he is emotionally invested in AU. if it was indeed that he did not care for their effort and not something to the point of he doesnt want to go to the school because they arent showing effort

Good attempt to change a sow's ear into a silk purse. I hope you're correct.

Just said what a number of AU fans felt. I felt the same exact way he did about the game. It should not be read ashim possibly waivering.

Just said what a number of AU fans felt. I felt the same exact way he did about the game. It should not be read ashim possibly waivering.

If he were solid he would not be visiting uat or other schools. FWIW.

If he were solid he would not be visiting uat or other schools. FWIW.

He has always said he would OV those other schools because the effort they put into recruiting him. He felt he owed them the courtesy of that. I personally don't agree with him but respect his opinion. He even said he would OV those other schools the day he committed to AU. Him visiting Bama & FSU should not be a surprise to anybody that has followed his recruitment. Also he strongly recruits for AU. If that changes, which it hasn't yet, then people can start to wonder if he is solid

Archived