2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's been said so many times, but we're going to find out that Kerryon Johnson is going to do big things for Auburn by the time he's gone.

Idk the , but kerryon looked good the second half. He ran a fake punt for like 15 yards. He had a really good td run. He ended up with just 1 td, and miller had 3. Maddison won 31-28. Biggest thing i took back from the game is malik miller is a man and i hope auburn gets him next year!

Tre Williams should have fun next week. He gets to watch his alma mater (and mine) play against KJ in the 5A championship. Should be exciting.

Tre Williams should have fun next week. He gets to watch his alma mater (and mine) play against KJ in the 5A championship. Should be exciting.

Wrong Madison. He plays at academy. Anyway mad county lost and They play pleasant grove

Watching the 3A matchup between Dale County and Madison Academy in JH. Kerryon has had several touchdowns running and receiving. Madison is up 42-14 with 6 minutes until the half.

Dale County has a special player in Jamarius Henderson but the overall team at MA is better.

My kid is there and she is star struck. Calling me every few minutes. Rhett Lashlee and a whole slew of AU players are there watching Kerryon, awa Pat Sullivan. She was already a super fan of Kerryon, but when he retweeted her last week, that sent her over. He is a super nice kid from the actions I have seen him take toward opposing teams and players. AU should be very proud, they are getting more than a good football player. Oh, btw, Sadie Robinson is just a few feet away from my kid. If I hear, "this is the best day ever" only 100 times, I will be lucky.

Sadie has been dating MA's QB for a while now....they have a "long distance" relationship. She's a sweet girl and is in Madison quite often.

MA has a great group of kids and yes, Kerryon is a GREAT athlete and person.

Anybody wondering why college defense is not like in the old days only has to watch the HS play-offs with teams scoring like pin ball machines. No doubt KJ is a horse, but he's got plenty of help too on the OL and elsewhere.

Generally, there are very few good defensive teams or exceptional defensive players in HS these days. It's pretty apparent that all the best athletes are on offense though a few of them play some defense too but that is their moonlighting job and not their primary role.

JMO but I think all of us (and that includes bama) better accept this new era of college football where the best offensive teams are more than the best defensive teams can handle week in and week out...and where teams like bama and AU can give up 500 yards in a game and yet win... if they can just make a few key stops in the red zone...and cash in a few of the opposition's mistakes and don't make too many mistakes of their own.

All this moaning about having a Pat Dye era defense is probably just wishful thinking...and I wonder how much of a honeymoon our new DC will have when his team gives up 500 yards in a game that we win 49-42 or something like that.

Meanwhile it will be nice to have KJ to carry on the offensive tradition for Gus.

That's a pretty danged good way to end your high school career right there. Slightly better than the way i ended mine for example. :)

Archived