Tigers secondary

AUbritt

Not upset at all. However, the information I revealed was factual information about the player as far as his time at Auburn is concerned.

So he has left Auburn?

(And BTW, I don't have a "narrative", I would call it more of a principle.)

Yes, he has left Auburn football, which is what we were talking about. Was it not?

http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=205670283

I said Auburn, meaning the school.

He left 2 years ago.

Well, that would have been a much better comment to "what happened to Rose" than saying "he no likey contact", which sounds like sour grapes referring to someone so long gone. JMO.

Deion Sanders didn't like tackling but he excelled in other areas. I remember coaches saying rose was not physical enough and teammates also said that He Did Shy away from contact.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not upset at all. However, the information I revealed was factual information about the player as far as his time at Auburn is concerned.

So he has left Auburn?

Yes, he has left Auburn football, which is what we were talking about. Was it not?

well, since he enrolled in Nebraska and is on their team vying for PT, I assumed you could connect the dots. Since you weren't able to, yes, Johnathon Rose has left Auburn...the school, as well as the team. His lack of performance and the "perceived" aversion to contact from the coaches was one of the reasons he left. Like I said earlier, I'm sorry that the facts upset your narrative on the situation. Excuse me, your principles towards the situation. As far as sour grapes, there are none from me.

So he has left Auburn?

well, since he enrolled in Nebraska and is on their team vying for PT, I assumed you could connect the dots. Since you weren't able to, yes, Johnathon Rose has left Auburn...the school, as well as the team. His lack of performance and the "perceived" aversion to contact from the coaches was one of the reasons he left. Like I said earlier, I'm sorry that the facts upset your narrative on the situation. Excuse me, your principles towards the situation. As far as sour grapes, there are none from me.

Sorry, I was trying to correct a perceived misunderstanding of what I meant. I responded to your post before I clicked on the link.

No need to apologize. I said my piece. I'm cool.

I don't care what anybody says I wish we had him and Florence and they could have learned from this new staff

I don't care what anybody says I wish we had him and Florence and they could have learned from this new staff

i thought florence was the best safety in the country coming out of HS. his talent looked superb at he Under Armor (or whichever allstar game he participated in). However for he and rose for whatever reason were huge misses and i doubt we will see enough from them to regret their absence. I dont wish them bad, just dont expect much from them.

Anyone want to talk about players currently on the roster?

I think Mincy continues to improve and impress Holsey back to corner NEEDS to happen everyone else get healthy and we might have a pass defense for the first time in years!

I think Mincy continues to improve and impress Holsey back to corner NEEDS to happen everyone else get healthy and we might have a pass defense for the first time in years!

This is what I'm really wanting to see too!

Mincy & Holsey @ corner

Moncrief & Whitehead at safety

Jonathan Jones at nickel.

I think we'll also see some packages with Therezie at the nickel or double STAR with Garrett.

Didn't realize we were only allowed to talk about current players. Apologies, your Grace.

i thought florence was the best safety in the country coming out of HS. his talent looked superb at he Under Armor (or whichever allstar game he participated in). However for he and rose for whatever reason were huge misses and i doubt we will see enough from them to regret their absence. I dont wish them bad, just dont expect much from them.

I understand what you are saying. Personally I felt like 2012 during the lsu game I saw enough out of Therizie and Florence to think they would be players. I then was calling for all the young guys to play more(guys at linebacker too). Turns out Therizie was a talent wasting away on the bench, I think Florence would have had a similar impact had he been there. But I understand I can't definitely say that for sure. The previous coaching staff almost ran some very good players for us now off the team then. So I sometimes wonder how different it would be if some of the talented guys who aren't with us anymore had been if they would wouldn't have interacted with the previous coaching staff at all. ESPECIALLY the defense.

It would be interesting to know whether the new coaches would have done anything more with these guys. They were 2 "can't miss" prospects in my mind so I'll always wonder why they couldn't quite cut it and also why they gave up so quickly. I mean look at a guy like Therezie (another can't miss prospect in my mind). He did a whole lot of nothing his first 2 years here and then we get the new coaching staff and new D scheme and he balls out. Wonder if the old coaches thought he was too soft? Wonder what made him decide to stick it out and the other guys to pack it in? Whatever the reasons were Rose and Florence could not cut it at AU and that is a fact. Hope Rose finds some success at Nebraska. I thought I remeber Florence going to UNA or some other smaller Alabama school.

Florence is at Troy state.

I thought he went to arizona st.?

That was Westerman

That was Westerman

I knew that. But I think Florence looked at Asu too.

That was Westerman

I knew that. But I think Florence looked at Asu too.

His brother Eriquel (or whatever) went to ASU, but I don't think he did.

Didn't realize we were only allowed to talk about current players. Apologies, your Grace.

All is forgiven squire.

(But in all seriousness my comment was more directed at those bickering about a former player and his issues with contact. Not so much your comment)

On a different matter...saw a piece on Trovon Reed about his transition to defense and I note that he will be wearing #37 when the season starts...doing this in honor Ladarious Phillips.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/04/auburns_trovon_reed_impressing.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Boy, in my view if anyone doubts what that shooting did to the 2012 team all you have to do is see the number of different players who have worn #37 the past few seasons as a means of honoring and remembering LD. Sure there were coaching issues everywhere we looked in 2012 but deep inside, that team had a bunch of very "injured" young guys who had only weeks to get over the shooting before their season started. Just my opinion but this was probably a doomed team...no matter who was coaching.

Anyway, it's good to see TR trying to stake out a position with the defense and hope he can get on the field for a lot of action. He's been a loyal hard worker at AU and I appreciate his dedication to his team and team mates.

Anyway, it's good to see TR trying to stake out a position with the defense and hope he can get on the field for a lot of action. He's been a loyal hard worker at AU and I appreciate his dedication to his team and team mates.

+many

Archived