Tigers secondary

AUbritt

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, this is what I am talking about. Rumor reverberation is a passive-aggressive way of assaulting someone's character. It's not the way to treat any young person, much less one who signed with Auburn.

So, bigbird, name the coach.

Better yet homer, name the person that made you a spoiled brat. Quit causing conflict on here for no reason. Two people have backed up Dixies claim with info from.coaches and it is still not enough for you. I think you've spent too much time arguing on the political forum. Pulling an Obama and ignoring all facts that dont help your argument will do you no good on the football forum. Kepp calm and Kerryon

"Facts"? What facts?

And really, "pulling an Obama"...? :-\ Sounds to me you are the one who needs to be back on the political forum.

Finally, I hardly need advice from you about what "does me good" on the football forum. :glare:

Therezie at star, holsey locking down a corner spot thats two things im watching for out of this secondary. hopefully a few stars emerge at the Aday game WAR DAMN EAGLE

Guest jojo1515

See, this is what I am talking about. Rumor reverberation is a passive-aggressive way of assaulting someone's character. It's not the way to treat any young person, much less one who signed with Auburn.

Better yet homer, name the person that made you a spoiled brat. Quit causing conflict on here for no reason. Two people have backed up Dixies claim with info from.coaches and it is still not enough for you. I think you've spent too much time arguing on the political forum. Pulling an Obama and ignoring all facts that dont help your argument will do you no good on the football forum. Kepp calm and Kerryon

"Facts"? What facts?

And really, "pulling an Obama"...? :-\/> Sounds to me you are the one who needs to be back on the political forum.

Finally, I hardly need advice from you about what "does me good" on the football forum. :glare:/>

I never daid you belong back on the political forum, I said you spend too much time there....which is the exact opposite...and again you spin it to fit your argument regardless of what was ACTUALLY said.

Denying the facts again is even funnier. Go ahead and call Bigbird and Pellini liars, because the only way their statements arent facts is if they are lying. So are they lying???? You're either accusing them of lying or are refusing to acknowledge their statements even exist....which is it?

"Facts"? What facts?

And really, "pulling an Obama"...? :-\/> Sounds to me you are the one who needs to be back on the political forum.

Finally, I hardly need advice from you about what "does me good" on the football forum. :glare:/>

I never daid you belong back on the political forum, I said you spend too much time there....which is the exact opposite...and again you spin it to fit your argument regardless of what was ACTUALLY said.

Denying the facts again is even funnier. Go ahead and call Bigbird and Pellini liars, because the only way their statements arent facts is if they are lying. So are they lying???? You're either accusing them of lying or are refusing to acknowledge their statements even exist....which is it?

No and neither.

I think bb is telling the truth, it's just one he should have kept to himself unless he is willing to cite his source. Otherwise, it just feeds the rumor-reverb machine that discredits a kid whom none of us know. And he's not here to defend himself. I think it's shameful.

And you have a lot of chutzpah telling me I am "spinning" my argument after calling me a "spoiled brat". If it's that important, " you have been spending too much time on the political forum". Feel better?

Let me get this straight, because I don't want to misconstrue what you are wanting. You want me to reveal someone that has supplied me many times with information in order to ease your apprehension to my knowledge? Is that right? Maybe it is that you want to have the same access that others have and if you can't have it then no one should be given credence. I was just trying to give you more facts to form your own opinion. You see, Homer, I don't care if you believe me or not. I'm sorry my facts did not align themselves to your narrative.

Guest jojo1515

Let me get this straight, because I don't want to misconstrue what you are wanting. You want me to reveal someone that has supplied me many times with information in order to ease your apprehension to my knowledge? Is that right? Maybe it is that you want to have the same access that others have and if you can't have it then no one should be given credence. I was just trying to give you more facts to form your own opinion. You see, Homer, I don't care if you believe me or not. I'm sorry my facts did not align themselves to your narrative.

^^^^^this^^^^^^

Not really. I am just pointing out that not revealing your source - which would be pretty stupid if you wanted to maintain that source - is reason enough not to mention it. It's information that doesn't really reveal anything factual about the player in question. Like I said, Jonathon is not here to defend himself.

And as far as I am concerned, no one on this forum has a right to use heresay evidence to badmouth an Auburn player. Without attribution your post is heresay by definition. I think it's bad form.

Sorry if that upsets anyone, but that's the way I feel.

Not upset at all. However, the information I revealed was factual information about the player as far as his time at Auburn is concerned.

Not upset at all. However, the information I revealed was factual information about the player as far as his time at Auburn is concerned.

So he has left Auburn?

(And BTW, I don't have a "narrative", I would call it more of a principle.)

So he has left Auburn?

Yes, he has left Auburn football, which is what we were talking about. Was it not?

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205670283

Give it a rest Homer

Go away and come back when you have something to contribute.

But you're still here and contributing nothing so that wouldn't be fair. ;D

Give it a rest Homer

Go away and come back when you have something to contribute.

But you're still here and contributing nothing so that wouldn't be fair. ;D/>

+1

So he has left Auburn?

2yrs ago^^

Uh, homer, you might want to check the attitude. Bigbird has quite a bit more clout than you do, and I don't just mean as a moderator. Doubt him if you like, and questioning him is fine too, but he's earned his respect, and I guarantee you that he has contacts beyond message boards and rumors that manifest themselves in such mediums.

Mercy, I don't have near the connections that Bird has. I don't know if you are familiar with me but I will be the first to jump on someone for being negative about a player. Some boards consider ME sensitive on the matter. I will call my opinions as such, and I don't do rumors. I am blunt at times I suppose.

As for the secondary, another subject Bird knows well, I believe we will be thrilled with the guys this year. We need health, but I believe we are almost 2 deep across back there.

So he has left Auburn?

Yes, he has left Auburn football, which is what we were talking about. Was it not?

http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=205670283

I said Auburn, meaning the school.

Uh, homer, you might want to check the attitude. Bigbird has quite a bit more clout than you do, and I don't just mean as a moderator. Doubt him if you like, and questioning him is fine too, but he's earned his respect, and I guarantee you that he has contacts beyond message boards and rumors that manifest themselves in such mediums.

First I don't have an attitude, I am expressing an opinion.

Secondly I don't doubt that what Bird said is true, nor do I doubt his "clout" and I certainly didn't mean to offend him although I can see how he might take it that way. I suppose I could have asked him to please reveal his source, but I doubt it would have helped.

The only point I am making is that it is bad form to make derogatory comments (bad mouthing) about Auburn players that are based on heresay (and if you don't provide your sources, it's hearsay no matter how much clout one has).

I suppose that since Rose has left AU, it's not as bad as if he were still in school, but I still think it reflects badly on us to do it.

Granted, not all negative comments constitute bad-mouthing, and when it crosses over is subjective. We have had a lot of threads criticizing players. A certain linebacker comes to mind. Did any of those comments cross the line? I don't know, but I don't recall any statements relating to his toughness (or implied fear). But they made me uncomfortable. Maybe that's just something I have to adjust to.

Perhaps I overreacted to the "he no likey contact" comment. That's a fair criticism. And I certainly could have responded more tactfully than calling it BS, but if I can't respond instinctively - like everyone else who posts here - what's the point?

And frankly, considering he's now playing for the Huskers, I suspect there may be more to his story than "he no likely contact", regardless of how many unnamed coaches are cited. If we can't get the full story - and we can't - why take shots at him at all?

It's funny that an old fart like me who was born way before the technology boom is so sensitive to the realities of the internet. The stuff posted here is available to everyone in the world and remains available. Google JR and you might get this thread. Just something to keep in mind. If we were sitting around in a bar having a beer and discussing this, I would have a completely different standard. But we aren't.

So he has left Auburn?

He left 2 years ago.

So he has left Auburn?

He left 2 years ago.

Well, that would have been a much better comment to "what happened to Rose" than saying "he no likey contact", which sounds like sour grapes referring to someone so long gone. JMO.

Archived