Tigers secondary

AUbritt

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Safety on the team, and it's not close. He gets bagged on, but he hasn't come off the field since his freshman season. He plays almost every snap of every game. The nonsense critcism directed toward Whitehead reminds me of the nonsense criticism that was lobbed at Will Herring back in the day.

Whitehead is one of the three or four best players on our defense.

Herring was NOT a good safety either. Muschamp moved him to LB his senior year and he was great. Whitehead might be the best we had, but he was average. He was no Jr. Rosegreen or Demond Washington either. Not hating on #9. I'm glad we have him, but we have not had a strong back level in a long time. He does play almost every snap and gives his all.

Will Herring grew into a LB. As a Safety in 2004, he was a tone-setter and the second leading tackler on one of the best Auburn defenses of all time. In 2005, as a Safety, he was All-SEC and the team's leading tackler. Calling that guy "average" or "NOT a good safety" is as laughable now as it was then.

I've never understood the cracking on Will Herring. Dude could play but got criticized constantly. Nobody stays in the NFL 8+ years if they're not good football players. Will Herring was better than good,.

Best case scenario IMO

Mincy/Holsey/Moncrief/Whitehead/Therezie/Garrett all on the field at the same time in the positions the coaches see fit.

Best case scenario IMO

Mincy/Holsey/Moncrief/Whitehead/Therezie/Garrett all on the field at the same time in the positions the coaches see fit.

So which LB are you pulling off?

With Garrett in, I'm guessing that'd leave Frost out in the cold.

Wow, that was really bad...

Best case scenario IMO

And by "bad", you mean "awesome".

Best case scenario IMO

And by "bad", you mean "awesome".

You know that moment where you realize you're turning into your father? That was it for me. Captain Corny over here...

Best case scenario IMO

That would be an ideal passing down situation, or spread team situation. Frost would move to Middle and Cass comes out.

With Heavy teams and short yardage you would see, Therezie coming out and Cass in the middle with Frost at Will and Garrett at star.

It personnel packages.

You know that moment where you realize you're turning into your father? That was it for me. Captain Corny over here...

Yep. Came a few years ago. I decided to just let go and embrace it. It's gonna happen, so you might as well enjoy it, right?

Wifey, though... not so much.

Best case scenario IMO

That was just perfect. Thank you :laugh:

Best case scenario IMO

:laugh:

Puns should merit at least one day's suspension. That was worth at least two or three. ;)/>

I'd probably have to agree with you on that.

Best case scenario IMO

I would love to see all those guys on the field at the same time. However, I think a DT should be replaced instead of a LB. This new package would be a 3-2-6 with there being two stars. Our D-Line is still talented enough to rush the passer with 3 guys and with 6 DBs we could even have McKinzy blitz one of the gaps and have Frost drop to the middle of the field to spy and cover the underneath routes.

Herring would get run over constantly. The Jake Holland of the secondary. Holsey got the experience playing as a freshman. Trial by fire and he could have been a shut down guy if not moved to safety.

Guest jojo1515

Best case scenario IMO

I would love to see all those guys on the field at the same time. However, I think a DT should be replaced instead of a LB. This new package would be a 6-2-3 with there being two stars. Our D-Line is still talented enough to rush the passer with 3 guys and with 6 DBs we could even have McKinzy blitz one of the gaps and have Frost drop to the middle of the field to spy and cover the underneath routes.

That might work as long as the other team agreed to never run the ball. Could happen..

Best case scenario IMO

I would love to see all those guys on the field at the same time. However, I think a DT should be replaced instead of a LB. This new package would be a 6-2-3 with there being two stars. Our D-Line is still talented enough to rush the passer with 3 guys and with 6 DBs we could even have McKinzy blitz one of the gaps and have Frost drop to the middle of the field to spy and cover the underneath routes.

That might work as long as the other team agreed to never run the ball. Could happen..

Sounds like a great package for obvious passing downs, although I must admit, I miss the Tuberville defense where all 11 guys were less than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Speaking of the secondary- I just saw an old name via a Twitter retweet- Jonathan Rose. We've had so many busts or dismissals in the defensive backfield lately.

Best case scenario IMO

I would love to see all those guys on the field at the same time. However, I think a DT should be replaced instead of a LB. This new package would be a 3-2-6 with there being two stars. Our D-Line is still talented enough to rush the passer with 3 guys and with 6 DBs we could even have McKinzy blitz one of the gaps and have Frost drop to the middle of the field to spy and cover the underneath routes.

Sounds like a great package for obvious passing downs, although I must admit, I miss the Tuberville defense where all 11 guys were less than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.

I think it could also be a run package too. The stars and LBs would have to be very disciplined and make quick reads/decisions to make it work, but yes it would be ideal on obvious passing downs

Archived