Tigers secondary

AUbritt

Thanks for passing along the content, AUbritt!

I could see Trovon being a very physical corner. He was a fantastic blocker at WR.

My pleasure. I love hearing good stuff out of Spring, especially from the defensive side (the offense already has me excited)!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate what he did but Ryan Smith was very average as a safety. I look forward to a talent upgrade in the secondary.

I appreciate what he did but Ryan Smith was very average as a safety. I look forward to a talent upgrade in the secondary.

i think whitehead is very average as well, he might have been a better corner. I would like to try therezie back there (safety) too.

i think whitehead is very average as well, he might have been a better corner. I would like to try therezie back there (safety) too.

Agree with both of u on this one

Whitehead is extremely smart and is the QB of the secondary. He's solid. But I agree.

Best Safety on the team, and it's not close. He gets bagged on, but he hasn't come off the field since his freshman season. He plays almost every snap of every game. The nonsense critcism directed toward Whitehead reminds me of the nonsense criticism that was lobbed at Will Herring back in the day.

Whitehead is one of the three or four best players on our defense.

I could see Trovon being a very physical corner. He was a fantastic blocker at WR.

If Trovon make SEC All American this year Chizik should decline the remainder of his contract.

If Trovon make SEC All American this year Chizik should decline the remainder of his contract.

If Trovon played more than 40 snaps at DB, Chizik should decline the remainder of his contract.

Best Safety on the team, and it's not close. He gets bagged on, but he hasn't come off the field since his freshman season. He plays almost every snap of every game. The nonsense critcism directed toward Whitehead reminds me of the nonsense criticism that was lobbed at Will Herring back in the day.

Agreed.

Safety: Whitehead Moncrief

Corner: Mincy Holsey

Star: Therezie or Garrett

This ^^^^

Whitehead in a way reminds me of Josh Bynes. Different positions I know, but they both seem to have the iron man type mentality. May not make highlight reel plays day in and day out or be an All-American, but he provides solid play and the other members of the secondary trust him. Plus he knows football, and from what I've heard is a smart guy.

Star: Therezie

Copy Cat ;D

Jay Jones first man off the bench at CB, maybe Rudy Ford at safety???

Moncrief may surpass him at that position because of his size, and ball skills, IMO. He has nfl type of size and ability

Star: Therezie

Copy Cat ;D

Jay Jones first man off the bench at CB, maybe Rudy Ford at safety???

Sounds like a plan.

Nice to hear that we should have the depth to move Holsey back to his natural position. I really expect Moncrief to become a force at boundary safety, and with the amount of depth we're building back there, I could see this unit becoming pretty nasty pretty quickly. If that happens, and the defensive line doesn't drop off (which I don't expect), then the rest of the college football world had best watch out...

Archived