Tyler Nero (confirmed, but no details)

JamesG

I don't suppose anyone knows what drill he was doing when it happened, other than it was "non-contact"?

I don't expect to hear anything about what may have caused the problem, at least if he continues with the team. The "news blackout" on injury/health details is very frustrating, but I completely understand why it's CGM's policy. Presumably there are legal issues he has to respect as well.

There is nothing to presume. Releasing someone's medical records without their specific written consent is a HIPPA violation.

What about all the other injury news we receive on a weekly basis? RaRa White's condition was made public. Lots of secrecy surrounding this.

I'd be willing to bet there's a large difference between a playing or football-related injury, versus something like this that appears to be a preexisting condition. Even then, I bet it's something the player has to give the ok for. The NFL it's something you sign away with a contract, since teams have to release injury reports the mornings before games. Could be similar with the LOI and scholarship offers they receive and agree to in college.

I don't suppose anyone knows what drill he was doing when it happened, other than it was "non-contact"?

I don't expect to hear anything about what may have caused the problem, at least if he continues with the team. The "news blackout" on injury/health details is very frustrating, but I completely understand why it's CGM's policy. Presumably there are legal issues he has to respect as well.

There is nothing to presume. Releasing someone's medical records without their specific written consent is a HIPPA violation.

OK, then I presumed correctly. I thought that was the case, but it was easier to type "presume" than look up the Acronym. Please excuse my laziness. ;)

It was basically during a light drill...seemed like a Dline mechanics drill to me. Not super warm outside and hadn't been going for very long.

You're just not going to get too many specifics about injuries from anyone these days...no matter the school.

Let's see how long we can keep this thread going without any real information. I put the over/under at 12 pages.

Real information?......... We don't need no stinkin' information!

("The Treasure of Sierra Madre", for you youngsters.)

2 things. #1. Is Tyler out of the hospital? #2. What happened to make him go to the hospital to start with?

2 things. #1. Is Tyler out of the hospital? #2. What happened to make him go to the hospital to start with?

He has been out of the hospital for almost a week. We don't have any full details on what happened to him.

• 3 months later...

Jay Tate reporting that Tyler Nero has given up football:

END OF THE ROAD: Defensive tackle Tyler Nero has retired from football after suffering syncope, an unexplained fainting episode, during spring drills.

The Atmore, Ala., native will remain on scholarship, though it will not count against the team's NCAA limit. "He is going to get his degree and could possibly help us with football," Malzahn said. "He's a great kid and we wish him nothing but the best."

Link

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Tyler had a scary syncopal spell during light workout/drill. Although the workup and testing for him failed to show a distinct cause, he was held out of spring practice out of precaution. I think at the end of the day, he was already done with football, and the spell just reaffirmed his feelings. Good for him to finish his degree. Good kid and family.

Guest jojo1515

So glad he gets to keep his scholly and head on the path of an Auburn degree. Real life and health are way more important than football. Best wishes to him.

Tyler, thanks for your contributions to the team and best of luck in finishing your degree and your sure success in the future. Pretty soon, some bammer will be calling you "Boss"!

fwiw, (and not speculating this is the case here), syncopal spells are often caused by heart defects such as a bicuspid aortic valve, a not rare birth defect which can go undetected for decades.

fwiw, (and not speculating this is the case here), syncopal spells are often caused by heart defects such as a bicuspid aortic valve, a not rare birth defect which can go undetected for decades.

Cardiomyopathy's can be a serious issue, think of Hank Gathers... ARVC's (Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy) are pretty common and can go undiagnosed until adulthood in many cases.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Tyler had a scary syncopal spell during light workout/drill. Although the workup and testing for him failed to show a distinct cause, he was held out of spring practice out of precaution. I think at the end of the day, he was already done with football, and the spell just reaffirmed his feelings. Good for him to finish his degree. Good kid and family.

Thanks for the info, as always, ptb.

Good luck to Nero, and good for him to finish his degree.

Good luck to Nero. Finish your Degree and go onto a productive life. Thank you for the time you gave the Auburn football team

• 1 year later...

Just found out today Tyler Nero is the newest manager at my place of work. Hate his career in sports had to end.

What is your place of work if you don't mind my asking?

Just found out today Tyler Nero is the newest manager at my place of work. Hate his career in sports had to end.

What is your place of work if you don't mind my asking?

Walmart Distribution in Opelika

Archived