7 errors

That's too big a number when you're talking about errors in a three game stretch. And it's pitiful. Pitiful.

Shouldn't have lost this series. Not against Missouri. No way.

Gotta be the groundskeeping crew's fault. First Yak was over there and had a hard time....so got moved to 2nd where he's done much better...now Haecker.....must be some little rocks out there ...or maybe Yak left some bad Karma :-\

That's too big a number when you're talking about errors in a three game stretch. And it's pitiful. Pitiful.

No, but it happens in baseball all the time. We are the better team by far but the errors have to stop or it may happen again.

No, but it happens in baseball all the time. We are the better team by far but the errors have to stop or it may happen again.

I don't think we're the "better team by far". This is the third straight year Muizzou has won the series against us. If anything, that proves they are better.

I don't think we're the "better team by far". This is the third straight year Muizzou has won the series against us. If anything, that proves they are better.

I respectfully disagree, but we are entitled to our opinions. I think this years team is better than this years Mizzou. We could have easily won Thursday night. Friday was winnable, but they were the better team on that day. There's a reason why we were 4-2 in the SEC coming in and they were 1-5. Once again, my opinion. WDE

We are consistently making too many outs on the base paths. Offense doesn't come easy enough for this team to just throw outs away like that. And please, stop trying to steal third with 2 outs.

Look baseball is streaky game and this is a streaky team....yes 7 errors is too many but its not some thing uncommon... beck Simmons for the braves had 5 errors in one week last year and hes still the best ss in the game

Look baseball is streaky game and this is a streaky team....yes 7 errors is too many but its not some thing uncommon... beck Simmons for the braves had 5 errors in one week last year and hes still the best ss in the game

Wearing those braves colored glasses I see.

The base running errors were way more costly than the fielding errors, though those need to be eliminated as well. 3 of them came in game 1 by the same SS.

Missouri came into this series with a glittering 1-5 mark in conference play. From what I saw defense, or, in this case, a lack of, made Thursday's game hard to watch. The SS for AU, I believe he is a freshman but he flubbed plays that were routine. If he can't do any better it's time to get someone else.

name a better defensive ss in baseball right now....just sayin

Troy Tulowitzki, Hanley Ramirez, Starlin Castro

Troy Tulowitzki, Hanley Ramirez, Starlin Castro

the hardware doesn't lie... you have no argument

If you look at the conference statistics (over all games) our fielding is the one huge glaring weakness. In the first two series, we were very clean, but in the Mizzou series it seems we reverted back to old ways. Based on statistics, record and just the eye test in terms of fight, this team is tremendously improved.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/Baseball/2014/confstat.htm

Errors this year are mostly being committed by the same players as last season....don't know if that is a "theme" ...but maybe so. The problem is....these guys are the best hitters on the team and AU needs them in the line-up but as I learned when I coached kid baseball many years ago, there is just no place you can hide a poor fielder before the days of DH. We would move them around and usually the guy ended up in right field but sooner or later the batters would figure it out and hit some balls out there with the predicted results. I don't know if there is really an answer....some of you guys with coaching experience might have some thoughts but I'm sure CSG has tried everything he knows by now.

As for the base running ....seems to me that discipline on the base paths is much better this year although if you look at the stats there is not much difference....but JMO, most of the reasons fall on the coaches this season. The players seem to be more alert and fewer outright bonehead base running issues. CSG wants to be aggressive on the base paths but seems we just don't have the foot speed to make it pay off yet.

Hey....this is the best overall baseball Auburn has played in a long time. Coach Galloway will have the team making fewer of these over the long haul of the season. I see good things happening this season!

Exhibit A:

http://atmlb.com/1i2WVZM

As for the base running ....seems to me that discipline on the base paths is much better this year although if you look at the stats there is not much difference....but JMO, most of the reasons fall on the coaches this season.

Okay, I'll bite, what's your "go to" statistic for understanding base path discipline?

As for the base running ....seems to me that discipline on the base paths is much better this year although if you look at the stats there is not much difference....but JMO, most of the reasons fall on the coaches this season.

Okay, I'll bite, what's your "go to" statistic for understanding base path discipline?

OK.....just my observation but the lack of discipline I'm referring to is the number of times a player makes a mistake that either results in an out or failure to advance a base. such as...getting picked off base, ignoring the base coach, failing to advance when the play would have allowed for it....stuff like that which we saw more of last year I think. I don't have stats...just impressions from watching games.

On the other hand if the coach calls for a double steal with two outs...the guys better give it their all...even if it makes no sense.

Archived