Will the SEC network turn into the "bama network"?

AU64

For a "bigman", you sure use a SMALL font...............

lol, i dont know how that happened. i rarely use my laptop, but i posted that from my laptop. no idea what happened

Shrinkage. Your laptop go swimming?

Now that's funny! :youdaman:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Finebaum will last very long on the network. His head is so far up you know where fans from the other 13 schools will stop watching. As for me, I'm making a list of sponsors to make sure I don't buy their Products unless I have to! I wish they could find somebody with a objective point of view to do the show. Anyone outside of the SEC is probably laughing their *** off (a lot inside the SEC are doing the same I'm sure). It's a shame to ruin something that could be so good with SCUM!

Hey...it's all about business and if you wanted to kick off a new network and wanted the biggest audience possible, why wouldn't you feature the Gumps early on? Those fans will tune in to see about anything with a Bama slant to. And probably AU fans are not too far behind, just fewer of them....to give a token nod to USCe, MSU and Vandy....but keep this network pointed where the fanatics live....as I say...it's all about business.

Hey...it's all about business and if you wanted to kick off a new network and wanted the biggest audience possible, why wouldn't you feature the Gumps early on? Those fans will tune in to see about anything with a Bama slant to. And probably AU fans are not too far behind, just fewer of them....to give a token nod to USCe, MSU and Vandy....but keep this network pointed where the fanatics live....as I say...it's all about business.

I'm sorry 64, I know its business but for the last 24 hours I have been BAMAed to death. You have to remember that the other folks that make up the SEC will soon tire of this bama lovefest. Four hours of Fineboob is just too much to endure. At this moment I fear that it will turn into the bammer network unless there are something drastic changes in programming. I will give it a shot but I don't like the trend so far.

I'm sorry 64, I know its business but for the last 24 hours I have been BAMAed to death. You have to remember that the other folks that make up the SEC will soon tire of this bama lovefest. Four hours of Fineboob is just too much to endure. At this moment I fear that it will turn into the bammer network unless there are something drastic changes in programming. I will give it a shot but I don't like the trend so far.

If it turns out being the Bammer network, I will do what I do with the rest of ESPN and other sports networks, watch the games (not the bama game replays) and not much of anything else.

Syncing rob bramblett's radio play by play call with the TV game is even better....

I cannot imagine anyone watching 4 hours of Finebaum. I watch him for zero hours. That said, the fact that the SEC network has ANY call-in show on for 4 solid hours is an indictment of the sorry programming by the SEC Network. Seriously, can't that network do any better?

I'm on your side...look who started this post several months ago.....but despite a few folks who thought it would be balanced, I was pretty sure I knew the answer to my question.

Back in the old days, when a TV station did not have enough programming to fill the day, they ran what was called a test pattern...some folks on here may be old enough to remember those days....program ended about 10PM and then they played the National Anthem and bid everyone good night and put up the test pattern until 8 or so when the Today Show came on the air. Today, when a station does not have enough programming to fill the 24 hour schedule they schedule someone like Finescum for 4 hours and then show replays of the highlights of his show sometime during the night for those who missed is during the daytime. JMO, these guys are just trying to fill up the hours until football finally kicks off.....and when toe meets leather, that's when I will start paying attention to them.....Just sayin'

If it turns out being the Bammer network, I will do what I do with the rest of ESPN and other sports networks, watch the games (not the bama game replays) and not much of anything else.

Syncing rob bramblett's radio play by play call with the TV game is even better....

That's what we do. It makes the games so much more enjoyable. I was so glad we had muted the TV and were listening to Rod and Stan during the 2013 Iron Bowl. It was an incredible experience to hear their broadcast live.

I'm on your side...look who started this post several months ago.....but despite a few folks who thought it would be balanced, I was pretty sure I knew the answer to my question.

Back in the old days, when a TV station did not have enough programming to fill the day, they ran what was called a test pattern...some folks on here may be old enough to remember those days....program ended about 10PM and then they played the National Anthem and bid everyone good night and put up the test pattern until 8 or so when the Today Show came on the air. Today, when a station does not have enough programming to fill the 24 hour schedule they schedule someone like Finescum for 4 hours and then show replays of the highlights of his show sometime during the night for those who missed is during the daytime. JMO, these guys are just trying to fill up the hours until football finally kicks off.....and when toe meets leather, that's when I will start paying attention to them.....Just sayin'

Look at what the big10 and pac12 networks do. Yes they have shows with commentators etc, but they show all sports live games and replays. Football, basketball, baseball, women's basketball, volleyball, softball, etc. if the sec network turns into showing a few live football and basketball games, replays of Bama, and finebaum, it will be a sad offering. ESPN has access to hundreds of hours of games previous aired by ESPN that they could be showing now and in the future.

Look at what the big10 and pac12 networks do. Yes they have shows with commentators etc, but they show all sports live games and replays. Football, basketball, baseball, women's basketball, volleyball, softball, etc. if the sec network turns into showing a few live football and basketball games, replays of Bama, and finebaum, it will be a sad offering. ESPN has access to hundreds of hours of games previous aired by ESPN that they could be showing now and in the future.

JMO but they will get far more viewers to watch Finescum and his ilk than the replays of UT vs Vandy.....or Arky vs UK. All they have to do is appeal to the 3 or 4 SEC fan bases that dominate sports talk radio and they can fill the gaps between meaningful programming.

Sure it's the SEC Network but the bottom tier of the league will see little of themselves except when they play a top tier team. Pardon my cynicism....but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

I think the SECnetwork will iron out the kinks once the season actually starts - then they will mix more SEC basketball games into the programming (which I'd love to watch) and they will get feed back from the SEC masses on what every fanbase wants to view.\

They want Pawl for the shock value his audience brings to the network, they don't want him to bring any validity to any sport. He knows zilch about any actual sport - he knows how to rub folks the wrong way and he knows how to create controversy and the gets ATTENTION from his lovers and haters. It's a win-win for the network 'cause folks know he draws a crowd and viewers.

I think the SECnetwork will iron out the kinks once the season actually starts - then they will mix more SEC basketball games into the programming (which I'd love to watch) and they will get feed back from the SEC masses on what every fanbase wants to view.\

They want Pawl for the shock value his audience brings to the network, they don't want him to bring any validity to any sport. He knows zilch about any actual sport - he knows how to rub folks the wrong way and he knows how to create controversy and the gets ATTENTION from his lovers and haters. It's a win-win for the network 'cause folks know he draws a crowd and viewers.

Pawl is the Jerry Springer of sports talk/watch and you have it right. Meanwhile, expect that SECN will be taking some demographic surveys after a few months to see what the audience looks like ....and thereafter they will be doing re-plays of every Bama victory from about 1992 forward to accommodate the largest number of fans in any demo. I mean, what do you think the viewership was last night for UT-Vandy ?

I watched a few hours of the SEC Network, today... it seemed to be very bama focused in all of the panel based shows. Outside of that, they seem to be spreading the love in the scripted programming.

I also noted, on the panel based shows, that they expect Auburn to be better, and lose... gotta love the logic that comes from a panel made up of players/fans of our rivals. The only thing they hyped about Auburn was Duke.

Who woulda thunk it? Finished up some stuff around the house and thought I would check in on the SEC Network to see if there was anything interesting...and there was Pawl hawking his book......and then he said, "OK, let's get to a caller...on the line we have Jim from Tuscaloosa".......click, that was about enough for today.

I don`t watch ESPN except when games are played live; I expect to do the same with the SEC channel if what I have observed becomes the norm. And I never listen to finebaum; can`t stand him and dislike his callers even more. I do expect some of the SEC programming to improve after the fball and ball seasons get started. Hoping so from here anyway.

Archived