I think bama loses two...

C'viewTiger

If Coker isn't the second coming of Joe Namath, then the entire bammr worldview starts to collapse under its own weight. Can you imagine a Saban coached Bama team with 3 or 4 losses? They can't.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Coker isn't the second coming of Joe Namath, then the entire bammr worldview starts to collapse under its own weight. Can you imagine a Saban coached Bama team with 3 or 4 losses? They can't.

That's just because they've convinced themselves that his first season was just a bad dream.

That's just because they've convinced themselves that his first season was just a bad dream.

They would actually have a pretty sound argument that Nick's first season was an anomaly because he had to play with Mike Shula's recruits.

UAT has a cupcake schedule and could easily find themselves marching into the Iron Bowl as a one or no loss team depending on what LSU has this year. They are still going to have a very stout defense. Even if Coker isn't the second coming of AJ in bammer eyes, UAT can and will still get quite a few low scoring wins.

If two is the number, I'll take the over. They went 11-2 last year, and I don't expect them to be better than last season. So yeah, I'll take the over. I know everyone thinks they have an easy schedule, but I'd rather play UGA this year than UF. Just a hunch.

Looking at the Bama schedule, they'll beat the life out of West Virginia. That's just not happening. After that, the UF game early in the year is going to be tricky because they won't have any film on Roper's offense (UF opens with Idaho, EMU, and UK... so they're running about 8 plays in those games). Bama has the advantage of a bye week before the roadie at Ole Miss, but by mid-season, A&M may not be a lot of fun to play. Saban is 0 for 2 trying to stop Sumlin's offense. Maybe it was all Manziel? Maybe it was a real issue with spread offenses. They get another bye before going to Baton Rouge, but that place is a freaking nightmare. Then you hit a potentially frisky MSU game the next week, and close with Auburn.

By my count, that's six legitimately loseable games. Obviously, they aren't dropping them all, but add a bowl game on top of that? Over two losses is a much smarter bet. Heck, as good as Saban as been, he's had more seasons with 2 or more losses (four) than he's had with less (three). At worst, you get a push.

If two is the number, I'll take the over. They went 11-2 last year, and I don't expect them to be better than last season. So yeah, I'll take the over. I know everyone thinks they have an easy schedule, but I'd rather play UGA this year than UF. Just a hunch.

Looking at the Bama schedule, they'll beat the life out of West Virginia. That's just not happening. After that, the UF game early in the year is going to be tricky because they won't have any film on Roper's offense (UF opens with Idaho, EMU, and UK... so they're running about 8 plays in those games). Bama has the advantage of a bye week before the roadie at Ole Miss, but by mid-season, A&M may not be a lot of fun to play. Saban is 0 for 2 trying to stop Sumlin's offense. Maybe it was all Manziel? Maybe it was a real issue with spread offenses. They get another bye before going to Baton Rouge, but that place is a freaking nightmare. Then you hit a potentially frisky MSU game the next week, and close with Auburn.

By my count, that's six legitimately loseable games. Obviously, they aren't dropping them all, but add a bowl game on top of that? Over two losses is a much smarter bet. Heck, as good as Saban as been, he's had more seasons with 2 or more losses (four) than he's had with less (three). At worst, you get a push.

I'd take UF over UGA this coming year. UF's offense is still going to be bad. Driskel is an upgrade but not by much. UGA has the best two RBs in the country. Bama's schedule is soft as a baby's bottom. By the time they play us i see 1...maybe 2 losses. I hope they do lose 4 but i don't see it. If Coker is the guy he'll get a chance to ramp up b/c they will not play anyone worth a darn until maybe Ole Miss. I don't see A&M's defense improving that much.

Agree to disagree. Just a hunch on UF. They play defense. UGA hasn't done that in years. I suspect the Gators will look a lot more like the 2012 team than the 2013 team. Gurley is scary as hell, but Hutson Mason is not. Aaron Murray was the best passer in the SEC last year. With their sieve-like defense, they're going to miss Murray more than people suspect.

Agree to disagree. Just a hunch on UF. They play defense. UGA hasn't done that in years. I suspect the Gators will look a lot more like the 2012 team than the 2013 team. Gurley is scary as hell, but Hutson Mason is not. Aaron Murray was the best passer in the SEC last year. With their sieve-like defense, they're going to miss Murray more than people suspect.

The Gators were snake bit with injuries last year. If they can put some sort of offense on the field next year they could give a lot of teams trouble this year including Bama. I think the Florida game sets up well for Bama to underestimate them. Finally, if you set the over under on Bama losses give me the over.

I don't have to "imagine", I can remember 2010, when he dropped 3...and 2007, when he lost 6 on the field and had another 5 wins vacated over textbooks.

Saban's greatest strength is his recruiting. But of course it's easier to fill your bench with unused 4 & 5-star recruits when you have the REC "helping" you recruit, and then "process" current players if allegedly better ones come along. It's also easier to rack up wins when you schedule a lot of cupcakes, and to rack up titles when you back into BSC Championship games without winning your conference (or even your division). <_<

I couldn't disagree with you more about Florida. I'd rather play Florida than Georgia, especially considering when the games will played. Alabama plays Florida at home in late September, still early in the season, and we play Georgia on the road in November. Even if Florida is decent this year, they likely won't be fully clicking on offense yet. (See Auburn vs. LSU 2013)

I think Ole Miss will be Alabama's first real threat. If Bo Wallace doesn't continue to choke against Alabama, then I see them pulling the upset. Texas A&M lost Johnny Manziel and Mike Evans on offense, that's a lot to replace. On top of that their defense still won't be good enough to stop Alabama. So I don't count Texas A&M.

I'd like to think Tennessee could pose a threat to Alabama since the game's in Knoxville but they lost too many offensive linemen from last year. Tennessee's offense won't be good enough against what should be a really good Bama defense. The LSU game is in Baton Rouge this year, so that will be a real challenge. Then you have a scrappy Mississippi State team that seems to always look for an upset. Then there's the Iron Bowl, which is definitely a loseable game.

I only count four loseable games. Ole Miss, LSU, Mississippi State, and Auburn. I don't see them losing all four, at worst I see 3 losses for Alabama.

I don't really get a good feel for teams till after the 1st 2-3 games...but I think Alabama could lose 5. Ole Miss,LSU,Auburn,Miss. St. and an upset by either Tennessee or Florida.

Florida is going to continue to struggle as long as Muschamp is there. He's in way over his head as a head coach in the SEC and its showing. Their offense has gotten progressively worse every year he's been there. Until its proven that its improved, I don't see florida winning any more games than they won last year. Driskell is a joke at qb. they have zero play makers on offense. ZERO. Their defense may keep them in a few games but if it fails they could finish worse in 2014 than they did in 2013.

UAT has a cupcake schedule and could easily find themselves marching into the Iron Bowl as a one or no loss team depending on what LSU has this year. They are still going to have a very stout defense. Even if Coker isn't the second coming of AJ in bammer eyes, UAT can and will still get quite a few low scoring wins.

I agree, this team has tons of talent and can still beat a lot of people with solid run game and defense. I'm not counting them out of any game just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I think uat has only two games in their schedule they are truely capable of losing. LSU and of course AU. As of now by first glance the other 10 games look rather easy. Then again everything isn't always what is appears to be. Se us last year. I'd say maybe UF or WVU could surprise them. Even A&M or Ole Miss could give them trouble. Bottom line is that Coker doesn't have to come in and have a 3500 yard/30 TD kind of year. This team is still loaded with talent and could very well be 11-0 coming into the Iron Bowl. I know one thing for sure though they are going to be out for BLOOD. AU embarrassed them and Nick Nack Patty Whack and Gus and co. will be his obsession.

championships

(although it make take another year... no link... yet)

championships

????

Still hoping upon hope that the big, bad NCAA will lay down their all mighty HAMMER on the BAMMER.

championships

????

Still hoping upon hope that the big, bad NCAA will lay down their all mighty HAMMER on the BAMMER.

you got it... :nopityA:

Still hoping upon hope that the big, bad NCAA will RIGHTLY lay down their all mighty HAMMER on the BAMMER... . :abmbu:

championships

????

I wouldn't count on it. The NCAA has no spine. See Johnny Football last year.

how about (at least) three losses....

• Ole Miss - catches'em flat after a big Florida win .... and while greedily looking ahead to Arkansas, Texas A&M, UT, and LSU... Hugh ceremoniously HUNHs'em into oblivion.
  • LSU - simply because they can
  • AU - just because they won't be able to do anything about it.... "Welcome to the New World Order".

Sure as long as Bro Wallace doesn't run into a turnover machine. A&M HUNH could give Nicky problems no matter what. Still I think LSU and AU are the only two teams that can really give them a problem let alone beat them.

The bammer that made the video about Kristi Malzahn was behind trying to get Johnny in trouble.

So JFF didn't sign all those jersey's/helmets and "Uncle Nate" just setup the multiple signing sessions with autograph experts present to authenticate the signatures before the items saturated e-bay........ I'm sure JFF did it out of the goodness of his heart --- he's more kind and charitable than Tim Tebow!

Sure as long as Bro Wallace doesn't run into a turnover machine. A&M HUNH could give Nicky problems no matter what. Still I think LSU and AU are the only two teams that can really give them a problem let alone beat them.

Seriously. Other than being a senior, I don't subscribe to the hype behind their QB or that team in general. It's more likely they drop one to cowbell at home, and of course to AU wrap to up the regular season.

Seriously. Other than being a senior, I don't subscribe to the hype behind their QB or that team in general. It's more likely they drop one to cowbell at home, and of course to AU wrap to up the regular season.

Ehh idk about Cowbell U. Before the Iron Bowl. LSU would have the best chance of any. UF would be the potential surprise team for them. MSU is scrappy but that's about it.

Archived