Possible O-line Transfer

CameronCrazy

I don't think we need him. But if he is available by all means get him on campus and award him a scholarship. Since he played his freshman year at Ole Miss he is already familiar with the HUNH (or at least a version of it) so the transition should be easier than if he was in a traditional offense.

You know, you might be the first person to bring that up, and it's a great point.

Just for discussion purposes, how many years will he have to play and does he have a chance at a redshirt?

4 to play 3... so yes.

I have rarely ever posted. I normally just like to read and try to keep up to speed on things from everyone else. However, I have a direct link to this topic. About 4 months ago I was with a family member of AG who let it slip in conversation that AG would be transferring to AU. Then it quieted down and did not hear anything further and did not believe it was going to happen. In the past couple of days I was told by some relatives of his that he IS transferring to Auburn.

Now, my disclaimer is that what you hear, even from direct sources such as family, does not always make it 100% true.

I have rarely ever posted. I normally just like to read and try to keep up to speed on things from everyone else. However, I have a direct link to this topic. About 4 months ago I was with a family member of AG who let it slip in conversation that AG would be transferring to AU. Then it quieted down and did not hear anything further and did not believe it was going to happen. In the past couple of days I was told by some relatives of his that he IS transferring to Auburn.

Now, my disclaimer is that what you hear, even from direct sources such as family, does not always make it 100% true.

Thanks for the info, southpaw. Don't be a stranger ... you don't have to have inside information to post an opinion.

Just remember one of our rules here is no rumors. If you don't have a link for it, don't post it. Had this been posted 4 months ago, it would have been deleted because there's nothing to support it. But, now its pretty common knowledge Auburn is his likely destination.

Just remember one of our rules here is no rumors. If you don't have a link for it, don't post it. Had this been posted 4 months ago, it would have been deleted because there's nothing to support it. But, now its pretty common knowledge Auburn is his likely destination.

WarTiger, that's a rule that id very selectively enforced. There is plenty of rumor and speculation posted here that does not get deleted.

I don't think we need him. But if he is available by all means get him on campus and award him a scholarship. Since he played his freshman year at Ole Miss he is already familiar with the HUNH (or at least a version of it) so the transition should be easier than if he was in a traditional offense.

You know, you might be the first person to bring that up, and it's a great point.

I thought it was kind of implied, given the mention of Freeze and Malzahn being friends, but it is indeed a great point.

WarTiger, that's a rule that id very selectively enforced. There is plenty of rumor and speculation posted here that does not get deleted.

TRUE!!

TRUE!!

​If you have first hand knowledge of a situation how do you post a link? People post rumors and innuendo all the time without links. Guess you just have to be the right kind of people.

Haven't been posting for long, but i have been reading for awhile. With that said i must agree, there does seem to be selective enforcement. However, i really don't care about it, i already take everything with a grain of salt. never have been one to just believe something because it is in writing. Besides this is just an informal forum for us fans anyway. Sometimes we get WAY too caught up in something just because someone writes it. It is just words, try not to get too wrapped up in something someone writes. :dunno: :dunno:

Seems like we should have some sort of finality on this situation very soon. I hope we get him.

Anything new on Austin Golson transferring to Auburn? if he does come, how many years will he have left to play for AU?

My opinion (which ain't worth snot) is that first-hand information from a stated source, such as "family member" does not fall into the category of rumor.

Freeze on twitter (4/22/14)

@CoachHughFreeze

Commitment is staying loyal to what you said you were going to do, long after the mood you said it in, has left you #WinTheDay

Surely that wasn't aimed at Golson. It was circumstances beyond his control, not his mood that has changed. Why post it in this thread?

Freeze on twitter (4/22/14)

@CoachHughFreeze

Commitment is staying loyal to what you said you were going to do, long after the mood you said it in, has left you #WinTheDay

JMO but anyone who has never broken up with a girl (or boy) friend or never changed jobs is free to be critical of an 18 or 19 year old who changes him mind about where he wants to go to school.

Some posters have said that the kid should wait until he is certain...but like the couple that ends up in an incompatible marriage, or the person that finds out that the job is not what he expected it to be....probably everything looked just great when the "commitment" was made. Like many of life's decisions,we make them based on what we know at the time...and sometimes we learn things that causes us to regret that decision. In the end, we do what we think is best for us....and worry less about what others might think.

Archived