2013 4* OL Austin Golson (Ole Miss signee & transferred to AU)

TigerProwl24

I know nothing about Alabama HS football politics but, reading between the lines of some posts here, do any of you think that the Turds are trying to steer Golson away from Auburn to Ole Miss? Would they do that?

They would but don't think they are. Ole Miss does enough of their own dirty work and do not need Bama's help.

Please don't tell me we are going to start going black helicopter conspiracy theory on Ole Miss like we do with spuat every time we lose a recruit to them. That could get really embarrassing.

wde

Not going anything or making excuses for anything. I just know some of the dirty things they are doing and thus don't need help from Bama's dirty moves whether we get the recruits or not.

if you dont mind educating the uninitiated, what exactly is a "dirty move" in recruiting? Dont all of them essentially use whatever they have at their disposal to influence their targets? I mean, its not exactly a game successfully played by the weak of heart.... ya know?

Not going into it any further than I did to address the question in the OP. Ole Miss does not need Bama's help to steer recruits away from Auburn or any other school for that matter. There is a reason Ole Miss will have it's first top 10 recruiting class in school history. And it's not soley because Freeze is that damn good.

What is it then? Are you accusing Ole Miss of cheating? That sounds a little like sour grapes to me. Hugh Freeze is obviously a good salesman who is having success selling what he has imagined for Ole Miss. When others are having success it doesn't mean they're cheating and leaning on that just seems like a weakness. Funny when others are successful they're cheating but, when others are accusing Auburn of the same many here get righteously indignant..funny how it works out that way.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know nothing about Alabama HS football politics but, reading between the lines of some posts here, do any of you think that the Turds are trying to steer Golson away from Auburn to Ole Miss? Would they do that?

They would but don't think they are. Ole Miss does enough of their own dirty work and do not need Bama's help.

I think its curious that a ho-hum program seems to be locking down top recruits that have ties to other schools or areas of the country. So, Golson grew up an Auburn fan, is from the state of Alabama, has no interest in Turdtown, but is a near lock to Ole Miss after one OV? Freese and Co. must have taken negative recruiting to new heights-or is it depths?

after Golson made the comment that he didn't want to be a part of whats going on in tuscaloosa or something to that effect....how could bama steer him anywhere? he said what was going on there just wasn't him...that said it would seem to me they have no influence over the guy

You can have a negative influence without getting your hands dirty. I just find it somewhat odd that Golson suddenly is supposed to be a near lock to Ole Miss. Ole Miss fans do backflips over not having a losing record. The only tradition thay have at Ole Miss is one they have to obscure with that ridiculous black bear.

I think its curious that a ho-hum program seems to be locking down top recruits that have ties to other schools or areas of the country. So, Golson grew up an Auburn fan, is from the state of Alabama, has no interest in Turdtown, but is a near lock to Ole Miss after one OV? Freese and Co. must have taken negative recruiting to new heights-or is it depths?

after Golson made the comment that he didn't want to be a part of whats going on in tuscaloosa or something to that effect....how could bama steer him anywhere? he said what was going on there just wasn't him...that said it would seem to me they have no influence over the guy

You can have a negative influence without getting your hands dirty. I just find it somewhat odd that Golson suddenly is supposed to be a near lock to Ole Miss. Ole Miss fans do backflips over not having a losing record. The only tradition thay have at Ole Miss is one they have to obscure with that ridiculous black bear.

That take might hold water if tradition is all that Golson was looking at in his decision process. Obviously, tradtion means little to nothing to him seeing how he publicly stated that he had no interest in being a part of what was going on in Tuscaloosa. Like it or not, if you want to talk tradition, none in the SEC can match bamas tradition of winning. If that doesn't do it for Golson then he has some other 'hot button" that it would appear Hugh Freeze has found and is working

What is it then? Are you accusing Ole Miss of cheating? That sounds a little like sour grapes to me. Hugh Freeze is obviously a good salesman who is having success selling what he has imagined for Ole Miss. When others are having success it doesn't mean they're cheating and leaning on that just seems like a weakness. Funny when others are successful they're cheating but, when others are accusing Auburn of the same many here get righteously indignant..funny how it works out that way.

Not sour grapes at all. Will not bother me at all if Ole Miss gets the recruits both teams are recruiting. Just being real. If you want to know specifics then PM me. I can't discuss it further on public boards. Otherwise let it go.

Actually, I really dont even care afterall, I've never accused them of cheating like you did today. If you cant discuss it in a public forum then seems to me you're the one who needs to let it go my friend!

Please don't tell me we are going to start going black helicopter conspiracy theory on Ole Miss like we do with spuat every time we lose a recruit to them. That could get really embarrassing.

wde

Not going anything or making excuses for anything. I just know some of the dirty things they are doing and thus don't need help from Bama's dirty moves whether we get the recruits or not.

if you dont mind educating the uninitiated, what exactly is a "dirty move" in recruiting? Dont all of them essentially use whatever they have at their disposal to influence their targets? I mean, its not exactly a game successfully played by the weak of heart.... ya know?

Agree, like Troopa, Lupa and the crew didn't do whatever was necessary (within totally legal limits of course) to sway a recruit or two.

wde

You have to "sell" a place like Ole Miss harder than a near paradise on earth like Auburn University This deal with the Mississippi school reminds me of the Jasmine character in the 4th season of the TV series Angel.

wde

Agree, like Troopa, Lupa and the crew didn't do whatever was necessary (within totally legal limits of course) to sway a recruit or two.

wde

You have to "sell" a place like Ole Miss harder than a near paradise on earth like Auburn University This deal with the Mississippi school reminds me of the Jasmine character in the 4th season of the TV series Angel.

You and I are on the same team when it comes to the opinions we share of Auburn and Auburn University.The thing is, people like different things and obviously everyone doesn't see Auburn through the same lens you and I do. If they did, I believe this this recruitng thing would be a whole lot easier

That take might hold water if tradition is all that Golson was looking at in his decision process. Obviously, tradtion means little to nothing to him seeing how he publicly stated that he had no interest in being a part of what was going on in Tuscaloosa. Like it or not, if you want to talk tradition, none in the SEC can match bamas tradition of winning. If that doesn't do it for Golson then he has some other 'hot button" that it would appear Hugh Freeze has found and is working

The only tradition that sells in the SEC resides in Tuscaloosa,Alabama? Ha. Are you a troll or what? i mean, if it walks and talks like one...

The only tradition that sells in the SEC resides in Tuscaloosa,Alabama? Ha. Are you a troll or what? i mean, if it walks and talks like one...

You might want to reread what I posted. if you objective is to reinvent my posts you're not very good at it. I said their tradition of winning is unparalleled...of course winning 3 out last 4 BCS NCs is nothing and is easily eclipsed by most all other SEC programs..right?. Im an Auburn graduate and proud of it but Im not so small and bitter than I cant acknowledge reality.

To me "Tradition" means more than just winning football games. It certainly doesn't hurt a teams outlook, however, and does allow for traditions to have more meaning. Tigerwalk, the eagle's flight, Toomer's corner after a victory, eye of the tiger playing as the players are coming out of the tunnel, wearing the same colors as the other "greats" before you and doing them proud on the field. THAT is tradition. The achievements of UAT in the recent past are great, no doubt, but to me they don't qualify as a "tradition" as much as they do an achievement.

To me "Tradition" means more than just winning football games. It certainly doesn't hurt a teams outlook, however, and does allow for traditions to have more meaning. Tigerwalk, the eagle's flight, Toomer's corner after a victory, eye of the tiger playing as the players are coming out of the tunnel, wearing the same colors as the other "greats" before you and doing them proud on the field. THAT is tradition. The achievements of UAT in the recent past are great, no doubt, but to me they don't qualify as a "tradition" as much as they do an achievement.

I agree but lets try to keep it real. Most if not all the tradiotins you just posted are for the fans. What do think is more inportant in a HS player's mind. An Eagle's flight that he will never see or winning? Rolling trees that he will probably never take part in or wining? Most of these kids want to win and most will definitely factor that into their decision, the other things, probably not as much. I agree there is more to tradition than winning but my point is I belive thats the most important tradition from a players perspective.

**Whether you wish to call bamas recent success as achievements or tradition is your call but consider this...they have more SEC CS than any other team in the league...what do you call that?

i have a second cousin that is married to a former ole miss quarterback who played under billy brewer.....when he signed with ole miss,a few days later his daddy was driving a brand new,loaded to the hilt,chevrolet van....ain't no way he could afford it....not to put words in ellitors mouth,but cheating didn't stop with them when billy brewer left....my cousins daddy told me where it came from and it was not financed by a bank or credit union....i think they went under some serious sanctions shortly thereafter,didn't they?

i have a second cousin that is married to a former ole miss quarterback who played under billy brewer.....when he signed with ole miss,a few days later his daddy was driving a brand new,loaded to the hilt,chevrolet van....ain't no way he could afford it....not to put words in ellitors mouth,but cheating didn't stop with them when billy brewer left....my cousins daddy told me where it came from and it was not financed by a bank or credit union....i think they went under some serious sanctions shortly thereafter,didn't they?

Not unlike many other programs in the SEC, Ole miss had has their share of problems with the NCAA. You do realize that Billy Brewer left Ole Miss in 1993, right? I dont think we can use episodes that remote historically as an indication of whats happening there now. I mean they're in their 5th coach removed since Billy Brewer coached there.

I would like Austin Golson to chose Auburn because it's Auburn and he loves it, not because he is worried about the alleged misdoings of another program. Just like we get mad that Pellini made unsubstantiated comments about Auburn, we don't want to use that tactic to get recruits, IMHO.

I would like Austin Golson to chose Auburn because it's Auburn and he loves it, not because he is worried about the alleged misdoings of another program. Just like we get made that Pellini made unsubstantiated comments about Auburn, we don't want to use that tactic to get recruits, IMHO.

Couldn't agree more!

I have no idea what Ole Miss is doing, but I do find it very interesting they are recruiting at this level. I seriously doubt that this will last a long time. Either something funny is going on and they will get caught or Freeze will leave for a different job in a few years. Again JMO.

Not unlike many other programs in the SEC, Ole miss had has their share of problems with the NCAA. You do realize that Billy Brewer left Ole Miss in 1993, right? I dont think we can use episodes that remote historically as an indication of whats happening there now. I mean they're in their 5th coach removed since Billy Brewer coached there.

i'm just saying that they have their lawyers and doctors,just like updyke u, and a system to reward high school coaches for their "loyalty"....do you think they stopped cheating in 1993?....my son in law is a graduate of the OLE MISS SCHOOL OF LAW!...he knows the system well and i would not have written what i did unless i knew what the hell i was talking about

i'm just saying that they have their lawyers and doctors,just like updyke u, and a system to reward high school coaches for their "loyalty"....do you think they stopped cheating in 1993?....my son in law is a graduate of the OLE MISS SCHOOL OF LAW!...he knows the system well and i would not have written what i did unless i knew what the hell i was talking about

I guess the difference between you and me is I dont give a crap if they're cheating or not. If you look at their program and what they have accomplished, I'd have say, if they are cheating they aint very good at it! To answer your question, if I think they stopped cheating after 1993? I'd say they're taking an awful lot of risks if they are since their return on investment has got to be the worst in the SEC! Let 'em cheat, its not like its doing them a bit of good

and another damn thing,do you think that it was just a coincidence that the daddy of the stud DE,with the brother on the team that plays linebacker,was almost hired as the head of a medical department,and was being investigated by the mississippi legislature?...if you do, you are very,very naive

and another damn thing,do you think that it was just a coincidence that the daddy of the stud DE,with the brother on the team that plays linebacker,was almost hired as the head of a medical department,and was being investigated by the mississippi legislature?...if you do, you are very,very naive

Naivete has precious little to do with not giving a big ole fat rats behind and therein is the difference between you and me!

wde

Not going into it any further than I did to address the question in the OP. Ole Miss does not need Bama's help to steer recruits away from Auburn or any other school for that matter. There is a reason Ole Miss will have it's first top 10 recruiting class in school history. And it's not soley because Freeze is that damn good.

Oh heck no. This response is not good enough. You need to give damn good specifics as to how Ole Miss is cheating right now. Quit being cute. This is the same BS we hear every year about how obvious it is the spuat is cheating but no one can prove it or at least get anyone who matters to believe their "proof" (see J Lee formerly of Rivals).

wde

Okay, let's get back to discussing Austin Golson and his recruitment to Auburn. If you would like to continue discussing cheating or alleged cheating at other SEC schools as it relates to recruiting, please take it to the Rivals Recruiting page.

ausburn, sorry for the delayed response...I will be a diplomatic as I can...Austin lives w/ his grandparents...he has been a lifelong Auburn fan...he is a good kid...but, the desire to distance himself from Prattville lies w/ the issues (none of which he created) that have resulted in his living w/ grandparents--who need no financial inducements from Ole Miss or anyone else...Ole Miss still looks strong...AU is not out of it but the hurdles are high...a visit to AU remains a possibility...

Maybe I have a lot of quit in me, but if kid grows up an Auburn fan, was spurned by the previous coachings staff and not offered I feel like he's been given ample time to get over that and be a part of this class. Coaching staff has an easy argument- it wasn't us who didn't offer you.

If he still hasn't been convinced we want him or feels burned I don't think a week and a half more of telling him that Auburn wants him is going to do anything. Keep in mind he is also from Prattville, and like it or not it has been YEARS since we have gotten a quality prospect out of there.

Archived