2013 4* OL Austin Golson (Ole Miss signee & transferred to AU)

TigerProwl24

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I have a lot of quit in me, but if kid grows up an Auburn fan, was spurned by the previous coachings staff and not offered I feel like he's been given ample time to get over that and be a part of this class. Coaching staff has an easy argument- it wasn't us who didn't offer you.

If he still hasn't been convinced we want him or feels burned I don't think a week and a half more of telling him that Auburn wants him is going to do anything. Keep in mind he is also from Prattville, and like it or not it has been YEARS since we have gotten a quality prospect out of there.

I am with you on that. It's easy to have that opinion because we're All Auburn All the time, but I think it holds water. But, he is a kid. And kids nowadays aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Not sure that a lot of them completely grasp the magnitude of changes that have occurred with the coaching staff.

Maybe I have a lot of quit in me, but if kid grows up an Auburn fan, was spurned by the previous coachings staff and not offered I feel like he's been given ample time to get over that and be a part of this class. Coaching staff has an easy argument- it wasn't us who didn't offer you.

If he still hasn't been convinced we want him or feels burned I don't think a week and a half more of telling him that Auburn wants him is going to do anything. Keep in mind he is also from Prattville, and like it or not it has been YEARS since we have gotten a quality prospect out of there.

I am with you on that. It's easy to have that opinion because we're All Auburn All the time, but I think it holds water. But, he is a kid. And kids nowadays aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Not sure that a lot of them completely grasp the magnitude of changes that have occurred with the coaching staff.

In reality, its anybody's guess. It could be that the previous staff's apparent lack of interest allowed others the opportunity ot get their foot in the door with their overtures, some of which may have surpised him. My children are grown but I had an easier time solving a Rubix cube, which I still cannot solve, than i did figuring out what made them think the way they did.

In reality, its anybody's guess. It could be that the previous staff's apparent lack of interest allowed others the opportunity ot get their foot in the door with their overtures, some of which may have surpised him. My children are grown but I had an easier time solving a Rubix cube, which I still cannot solve, than i did figuring out what made them think the way they did.

I dont usually step out on a limb like this, but maybe im in a limb stepping mood this morning ... had a good weekend i guess ....

i think all of you guys that are in this quote may be looking at this situation all wrong. look at AUtaugaTiger post on the previous page. im gonna take a stab, which i probably should not do. two things mentioned there. the kid lives with his grandparents and wants away from home. im guessing there is home stuff happening and he wants to put enough physical distance between himself and the situation. yall can read into the remainder. my guess is the kid would love to be at auburn, but wants to be longer than 1 hour from home, without being across country either.

auburn = 1 hour from home

oxford = 4.5 hours from home

fsu = little over 4 hours from home

guessing he really liked DC - see the 2012 class that DC got from alabama - and was smitten with fsu as an alternative to auburn (mainly due to proximity). now DC is gone as are a ton of other coaches. freeze is selling something positive and it is also over 4 hours from home.

yall sometimes football is not the reason some people make football decisions. life goes along with football and family situations go with you. maybe that extra 3+ hours physical difference means something? (delete if i have gone to far)

I don't like turning down instate talent, but the pure numbers indicate we need guards. It is a smarter recruiting to get Mix or Bell than Golson.

Bryan Matthews

15 minutes ago

Wiggins238777 said...

WDE!!!! Bryan what's auburn chances with him an an ford. Thanks for the update

We'll see. If Auburn visits him this week and he decides to visit, then Auburn has legit shot. Right now, he's saying Ole Miss or FSU.

@JHokansonQuick note, 4-star OL Austin Golson not currently planning to visit #Auburn this weekend bit.ly/VjSSKj @Rivals

All these tweets are confusing me. He's not visiting this w/e but....

Mike Farrell@rivalsmike

Golson said he's down to #FSU and #OleMiss@mister100k: @rivalsmike ......I think Dameyune Craig flips Austin Golson to AU. #gutfeeling

Looks like "mister100k" said he thought Craig would flip him, but Mike Farrell said it's FSU/OM

I don't like turning down instate talent, but the pure numbers indicate we need guards. It is a smarter recruiting to get Mix or Bell than Golson.

Agree on Mix.

I believe we take Mix and Bell along with Danzey and call it a day. I think we'll need at least three. Something tells me a couple more besides Westy decide in Spring that AU is not the right fit.

I believe we take Mix and Bell along with Danzey and call it a day. I think we'll need at least three. Something tells me a couple more besides Westy decide in Spring that AU is not the right fit.

Think Bell has moved on....so maybe we end with Mix and Danzey

All these tweets are confusing me. He's not visiting this w/e but....

Mike Farrell@rivalsmike

Golson said he's down to #FSU and #OleMiss@mister100k: @rivalsmike ......I think Dameyune Craig flips Austin Golson to AU. #gutfeeling

AU is not in the hunt for this kid. 0% chance he goes to AU. Ole Miss for Golson and FSU for Bell.

Just saw a tweet from someone sayin the coaches are getting him to visit

Who is "someone"?

I assume he is talking about Smuphy.

mmm hmm

Jordan powell@Smuphy

So Auburn Coaches got Gholson to visit. #heckyes

That was the one...I was having trouble finding it on my timeline.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/recruiting/2013/01/28/austin-golson-de-commits-from-fsu-ole-miss-in-the-mix/

Golson took an official visit to Florida State this weekend, but decided to back off his pledge. He is expected to take an unofficial visit to Ole Miss this weekend after taking an official two weeks ago.

Quote from Golson's high school coach:

Anderson doesn’t expect Golson to be a signing day decision, but instead expects him to just let the coaches know of his decision when he’s ready.

• 1 year later...

UPDATE 5/12/14: Austin Golson set to walk on at Auburn, according to Hugh Freeze.

7_707775.jpg

Ole Miss offensive tackle Austin Golson is looking to possibly transfer closer to home in Prattville, Alabama.

Hugh Freeze said Golson will look at his options and that nothing has been decided yet, and the reason is Golson’s two grandparents have health concerns.

RebelGrove.com reported that Auburn could be a potential landing spot for Golson, and according to Northeast Mississippi News, Freeze said he would ‘probably’ not try to block a transfer to a rival SEC West school given the circumstances.

Golson was a national top 100 player and the 10th overall offensive tackle, according to 247Sports. Golson chose Ole Miss over FSU, Alabama,

UNC and Auburn. Interestingly enough, Golson exited spring as the school’s No. 1 right tackle option after playing in 12 games as a freshman, mostly at the guard positions in 2013.

http://www.saturdayd...er-possibility/

http://www.sbnation....e-miss-football

Archived