2017 4* QB Jake Bentley

JFDTiger80

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bentley is healthy, he will be terrific for AU. That is if

We pick him up.

If coaches Malzahn and Lashlee only wants to sign 1 QB in 2016, I hope like crazy they'll get Jake Bentley for the 2017 class.

• 4 weeks later...

2017 QB target Jake Bentley is killing it out here today I am told.

Auburn loves him. Top of the board guy.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Reply/Keith-Niebuhr-Reply-37855061

I sure hope we lead considering his dad is on our staff.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Reply/Keith-Niebuhr-Reply-37855061

didn't his dad move on to a different opportunity after last season finished?

http://auburn.247spo...-Reply-37855061

didn't his dad move on to a different opportunity after last season finished?

No and this is nothing against you here but I can't understand why so many AU fans across multiple boards think he took another job. That report was debunked the same day it came out and it's been 2 or 3 months.

This will be his 1st year as a starting HS QB and he is a 4 Star. How bout that.

Hey E. What are you hearing of our chances with him? When is he planning to commit as he has a long time to go?

No word. AU also likes Lowell Narcisse a lot. I'm not sure they could reel in both highly rated QBs in the 2017 class.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, only because we should be talking more about this kid. 247 already rates him as a 95 and the #4 pro style QB in the 2017 call and he will start his first game this fall.

He can run if needed (watch his HUDL film as see) plus he is no little kid. He is already 6'4" and 215 pds. We would be very lucky to get this kid. JMO, he reminds me a little of Jason Campbell. He has the throws and can move around if needed.

Give me a kid with his arm, and who has lived/breathed/eaten/slept Football since conception. All day, every day, and twice on Sunday.

Unless his last name is Marinovich.

You would think that maybe we have a better than average chance of getting this kid. Simply because he has been around the school so much. Wonder which way the kid is leaning (i know it's early) but i can still wonder.

Give me a kid with his arm, and who has lived/breathed/eaten/slept Football since conception. All day, every day, and twice on Sunday.

Oh Marinovich. Have you heard the line? "But Dad, these cheeseburgers are good"

Oh Marinovich. Have you heard the line? "But Dad, these cheeseburgers are good"

Yeah, that was one of the bigger death spirals ever. He is one of many USCw QB's who did not do squat in the NFL.

You would think that maybe we have a better than average chance of getting this kid. Simply because he has been around the school so much. Wonder which way the kid is leaning (i know it's early) but i can still wonder.

Probably us just for the simple fact us, Clemson, and maybe Miami are his only quality offers right now. His offers should grow a lot this season though.

Probably us just for the simple fact us, Clemson, and maybe Miami are his only quality offers right now. His offers should grow a lot this season though.

His offer list will definitely grow. Other schools know his dad is on our staff though.

• 4 weeks later...

His offer list will definitely grow. Other schools know his dad is on our staff though.

Plus, he has only played sparingly up until this year, IIRC. I don't follow OHS, but haven't they had another kid who has started? Seems like he was pretty good, if I am recalling all this correctly.

Someone asked if Narcisse committing to AU would affect Jake. He said yesterday he doesn't know yet.

• 5 weeks later...

Jake had a great game against auburn high tonight. I haven't heard the stats but I heard of atleast 2 or 3 TD passes and 1 interception. He also had a big run before halftime.

3 TDs, living up to his promise.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/8555968592707127907/opelika-31-auburn-30-bentley-throws-for-3-tds-as-bulldogs-top-tigers-in-thriller/

Archived