2017 4* QB Jake Bentley

JFDTiger80

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The connections alone at Stanford and their business school would be a winner. Also if that offense fits him better in his opinion why wouldn't he go for it. I love Auburn but I wouldn't blame the kid

Bentley can run very well, he does go into his slid a little too soon however that is how he is told to play. His WRs and tightend are catching everything coming close to them. Either he is throwing a very soft ball (not) or they are playing lights out. He is going to his second and third receivers on any play at a high level. I can't remember more than two sacks this year, he either passes the ball, runs ,or throws it away. When under pressure his focus is always down field, while knowing where everyone on the field is. I have stated all year that this is the best QB in the State at any level. I hope Auburn is looking at other players from Opelika this year. We have exceptional talent at wide receiver, tight end,defensive end, and for what it's worth Bentley is also a great punter.

Of course saying a qb needs to run a 4.4 is silly. Saying which one of those guys is much better than the other is pretty silly as well though

Dog... Bentley is twice the QB that LN is. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

LN was recruited by his sophomore tape alone. Kid can run, but that's about it... AND he's only played in one game as a junior. I'd me damned if pass on Bentley for LN.

We are trying to get both but we are #2 to Stanford for JB likely because LN is already committed.

That's my point... We're screwing the pooch big-time! If we lose out on Bentley, especially while his dad is on staff, will be one of the biggest recruiting blunders... smh

What makes you think we're not doing everything we can do to recruit Bentley? He and everybody else that's watched knows that Gus tailors his offense to the QB. We don't need a dual threat to succeed on offense and Bentley knows this. Nobody gets every kid they want, but we are certainly trying to get Bentley.

Of course saying a qb needs to run a 4.4 is silly. Saying which one of those guys is much better than the other is pretty silly as well though

Dog... Bentley is twice the QB that LN is. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

LN was recruited by his sophomore tape alone. Kid can run, but that's about it... AND he's only played in one game as a junior. I'd me damned if pass on Bentley for LN.

We are trying to get both but we are #2 to Stanford for JB likely because LN is already committed.

That's my point... We're screwing the pooch big-time! If we lose out on Bentley, especially while his dad is on staff, will be one of the biggest recruiting blunders... smh

What makes you think we're not doing everything we can do to recruit Bentley? He and everybody else that's watched knows that Gus tailors his offense to the QB. We don't need a dual threat to succeed on offense and Bentley knows this. Nobody gets every kid they want, but we are certainly trying to get Bentley.

Finish reading the post... Nobody said we're not recruiting him.

Because it's so easy to sway a kid who probably won't play NFL ball- and certainly not for long, because about .001% of the 1% do- from a Stanford degree. And because no kid would want to take the opportunity to live in an amazing area on the West Coast or get out from under dad's watchful eye while he's in college.

Narrow perspectives are narrow.

It's funny people keep saying that he might want to get away from his family when in other situations we use wanting to be close to their family as an excuse for not getting some player. I don't know where JB will end up going to school but I doubt whatever the decision is that it will have any part in getting away from his family. If anyone would know the situation at QB it would be his Dad so I would think that JB would know he has a really good chance at starting if not his 1st year then soon after at Auburn. I know a degree from Stanford is great but if you are the QB at Auburn or Alabama in this state unless you kill someone you can write your own check.

Cam newton also ran over Linebackers. So far Every QB that has had big success in the Malzan system has been very fleet footed. I do think the WR could be better if we had more true WR's. Running is a huge part of the Malzan offense. Especially when things break down. Problem is we are Blaming JJ and Sean white for the lack of success in the Malzan System when there are other factors that lead to the success of it. For example all the Subsitiutions and dropped passes, or maybe the fact that even from the 1st game of the season even the T.V announcers knew the plays before we actually hiked the ball.

It's funny people keep saying that he might want to get away from his family when in other situations we use wanting to be close to their family as an excuse for not getting some player.

Well, yes. Family dynamics are different for different families. Is this really not something that you've considered?

I don't know where JB will end up going to school but I doubt whatever the decision is that it will have any part in getting away from his family.

"Getting away from his family" and "not spending every day practicing football under his dad" are two different things.

If anyone would know the situation at QB it would be his Dad so I would think that JB would know he has a really good chance at starting if not his 1st year then soon after at Auburn.

Just like Neil Caudle, Kodi Burns, Tyrik Rollison, Zeke Pike, Kiehl Frazier and Jeremy Johnson, among others- right?

I know a degree from Stanford is great but if you are the QB at Auburn or Alabama in this state unless you kill someone you can write your own check.

LOL. Don't even know what to do with that.

until Malzan Proves me wrong I think his system is built for Dual threat QB's.

Built for it? Maybe. But he can run a very successful offense without it. Todd was a pure drop back passer and he set all kind of passing records. I think White, although thrown into starting, has shown he can move this team through the air (240+ yds passing a game), but he is just too inexperienced for the SEC.

Malzahns offense is a handy excuse. But I think there are some (many) who just want a DT QB at Auburn regardless of the offensive scheme. Some have even admitted they hope AU never signs another pro-style QB. With that kind of sentiment growing why would Bentley want to come to Auburn? For me I would really hate to lose a (probable) 5* guy right in our back yard. Just hope it doesn't end up like 5* RFoster who went to the dark side of the state. Let's face it. They have developed a lot of pro-style QBs.

@Steeleagle how many Conference games did Chris todd win? We used play 4 easy out of conference games when he was QB.

Malzahns offense is a handy excuse. But I think there are some (many) who just want a DT QB at Auburn regardless of the offensive scheme. Some have even admitted they hope AU never signs another pro-style QB. With that kind of sentiment growing why would Bentley want to come to Auburn? For me I would really hate to lose a (probable) 5* guy right in our back yard. Just hope it doesn't end up like 5* RFoster who went to the dark side of the state. Let's face it. They have developed a lot of pro-style QBs.

Yes, their NFL clipboard holding prowess is legendary.

crazy. would any of you have wanted to see your dad every day in college?

Not everyone hates their dad. Jake is close to his dad, so don't judge him by your standards.

Who said anything about hate? Besides you, I mean?

The level of discourse here has plummeted far below even the worst of play on the field this season. Good God.

crazy. would any of you have wanted to see your dad every day in college?

Not everyone hates their dad. Jake is close to his dad, so don't judge him by your standards.

I don't know how long it's been since you've been a teenager, but love or hate has nothing to do with it. Teenagers want to experience freedom. Being under the watchful eye of dad is usually far from what they are looking for when they get their first opportunity to get out of the house. When you get the chance to go to the other side of the country on someone else's dime, it's hard to pass up.

I had a great relationship with my parents when I graduated high school... still do MANY years later, but freedom was part of the reason I chose to go to school 1400 miles away from them.

amen. I love my father, but I went to college to experience all that auburn had to offer and to become my own person. that would be hard to do seeing your father every day. and even more so with him being your position coach. I could absolutely understand this young man wanting to see another part of the country and if part of that is getting a full ride to possibly the premier college in the country, so be it.

Good point. But I was referring to McElroy, McCarron winning championships in college. Coker may even be developed enough to win one. But I would be surprised if he moved beyond a clip board in the play for pay world. My use of the term Pro-style was not meant to have any reflection on their pro careers.

Basically nobody knows his relationship with his family and it's been used both ways as far as recruiting. No point on setting up just in case he doesn't come....hell he might decide to go there because he feels he'll get developed better and it has nothing to do with staying close to home....same vice versa

Basically nobody knows his relationship with his family and it's been used both ways as far as recruiting. No point on setting up just in case he doesn't come....hell he might decide to go there because he feels he'll get developed better and it has nothing to do with staying close to home....same vice versa

Exactly. Could be anything, which was my original point.

Guess if he does not chose AU....Stanford is good selection....'cause we would likely never have to play against him. I always want our big "misses" to go out of the conference.

Guess if he does not chose AU....Stanford is good selection....'cause we would likely never have to play against him. I always want our big "misses" to go out of the conference.

Amen.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived