2017 4* QB Jake Bentley

JFDTiger80

Or maybe he just wants to make it so his parents don't have to live in separate states for another year while he finished high school.

He could have transferred back to a school on Carolina. Would not have been an issue.

Could have, but if I'm in his position, my goal is to help my family stay together, and the option is transferring to a high school to play 1 year vs. moving on to college, I'm choosing college. I imagine it's pretty hard to come into high school as a senior and snag the starting QB spot without some teammates not being happy about it because whoever held the spot and had been there for years got benched.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe he just wants to make it so his parents don't have to live in separate states for another year while he finished high school.

He could have transferred back to a school on Carolina. Would not have been an issue.

Could have, but if I'm in his position, my goal is to help my family stay together, and the option is transferring to a high school to play 1 year vs. moving on to college, I'm choosing college. I imagine it's pretty hard to come into high school as a senior and snag the starting QB spot without some teammates not being happy about it because whoever held the spot and had been there for years got benched.

New teammates, new friends, new teachers, new living arrangement... why do it twice back to back? I'm with lion, if that's the choice then I'm just going straight to college.

I took our conversation as meaning 1 more year in high school in Alabama versus 1 more year high school in Carolina, hence my point he could have moved back to Carolina & keep the fam together regardless of whether he went to HS or college in Carolina. & Jake has a rep. He could have gone into a HS & win the job in August. If he did in theory the then back up would just have to live w/ it. Plus Carolina ball ain't that good overall anyway. I'm sure Jake could have found a school in Colombia he could have won the starting job fairly easily.

Archived