2017 4* QB Jake Bentley

JFDTiger80

USCe

It's already been decided above that no player would want to play for his father. .....so maybe AU's chances just went up,

But no...wait....seems the guysis pretty much a pro-style QB and some experts on this board have figured that Gus can only win with a DT-QB and thus he could not win here anyway....so why do we care? .

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's already been decided above that no player would want to play for his father.

That's how you severely diminish the level of discourse. Someone suggests that some kids might want to spread their wings and you throw crap like this back in their face.

There's plenty going on to have spirited debate about. This is just being inflammatory for the hell of it.

It's already been decided above that no player would want to play for his father.

That's how you severely diminish the level of discourse. Someone suggests that some kids might want to spread their wings and you throw crap like this back in their face.

There's plenty going on to have spirited debate about. This is just being inflammatory for the hell of it.

Fiesty this morning, Loof.

Guilty. 2nd time in as many days.

64, I owe you an internet drink.

Guilty. 2nd time in as many days.

64, I owe you an internet drink.

Nobe of us are in our right minds at this point, it's understandable.

I don't have a huge problem with Bentley going to USCe, we have a great QB in Barrett and, after him Lowell Narcisse coming down the road. Frankly, i would prefer Narcisse in Gus's offense than Bentley. Narcisee could be much more explosive than Bentley and therefore better suited. JMHO

:'( I didn't mean it....honest....sometimes I can't help being a W.A.

• 3 months later...

I don't think he fits into what we are trying to do. I could see him at Carolina not just because his dad is there but the system in which he'd play. I could also see him in turdland for their system.

I think Stanford would be a good fit.

That really stinks. This is the QB that I want. I think we're making a big mistake by not adding his dad to the staff and locking up Jake at QB.

That really stinks. This is the QB that I want. I think we're making a big mistake by not adding his dad to the staff and locking up Jake at QB.

Promises were made and broken by Gus.

?

Promises were made and broken by Gus.

At the same time, if it weren't for Gus, he'd still be coaching high school football.

At the same time, if it weren't for Gus, he'd still be coaching high school football.

While you may be right I highly doubt it. CBB was a star in the HS coaching world. Sure another progressive offensive college coach would have grabbed him out of HS before now.

So...let me guess. Lashlee was supposed to move on and Bentley gets promoted to QB coach/Co-OC? That was all before Muschamp took him to SC. If not that, then what?

While you may be right I highly doubt it. CBB was a star in the HS coaching world. Sure another progressive offensive college coach would have grabbed him out of HS before now.

Maybe so... Of course, Presbyterian grabbed him and then sent him back to high school after going 4-8 in his second season, so they might have reservations, too.

In any case, Gus is the king of giving high school guys their shot, and any way you look at it, Bentley is now an on-field coach for an SEC school, 2 years after being the AD/OC for a high school team. Not many can say they went from high school to off the field to on the field in the SEC in 2 years. Doesn't sound like he has anything to complain about whether he thinks Gus mislead him or not.

So...let me guess. Lashlee was supposed to move on and Bentley gets promoted to QB coach/Co-OC? That was all before Muschamp took him to SC. If not that, then what?

I think the consensus was Lashlee leave, Craig become full OC, and Bentley become QB coach. Could have been a good thing... who knows. Seems that nether Craig or Bentley were on the same page as Gus, so it could have been a train wreck, too.

Maybe so... Of course, Presbyterian grabbed him and then sent him back to high school after going 4-8 in his second season, so they might have reservations, too.

In any case, Gus is the king of giving high school guys their shot, and any way you look at it, Bentley is now an on-field coach for an SEC school, 2 years after being the AD/OC for a high school team. Not many can say they went from high school to off the field to on the field in the SEC in 2 years. Doesn't sound like he has anything to complain about whether he thinks Gus mislead him or not.

Agreed, I can't imagine he harbors too much resentment, considering what he gained from Gus.

Committed to USCe. Thank God it was not to uat. DC told us that Jake was as good or even better QB prospect than Winston out of high schoo. Said Jake had the "it" factor.

It was to be DC and Bentley as Co-OC's. Dabo wanted Bentley on his staff as QB coach and Bentley took the job. Gus talked Bentley out of it. 2014 season.

Committed to USCe. Thank God it was not to uat. DC told us that Jake was as good or even better QB prospect than Winston out of high schoo. Said Jake had the "it" factor.

It was to be DC and Bentley as Co-OC's. Dabo wanted Bentley on his staff as QB coach and Bentley took the job. Gus talked Bentley out of it. 2014 season.

I don't think that there is any doubt that Bentley would have committed to Auburn had his dad stayed. Too bad for us. We lost a good QB prospect.

That is literally making me sick to my stomach to think about. I think we just missed out on a great QB. I'm thankful as well that he didn't go to UAT.

So we could have had Craig and Bentley as Co-Oc's and a stud QB to go along with them. I mean seriously, could Gus have made a bigger mess of his offensive staff? And if WDE is correct about Gus breaking promises to Bentley, it's not hard to figure why so many staff people were ready to follow Muschsmp to USC. Word of that gets around I'm sure.

Jake committed to USCe this morning as has been expected. Good kid, good family. May be the best QB that USCe has ever signed.

Neither Craig nor Bentley has enough experience in Gus's type system to hold an OC job. If we could have taken the QB and let those two keep coaching as they were doing, ok. Complain about him as you will, Lashlee has a lot more business being the OC of a read-option offense than does either Bentley or Craig. They simply haven't been around it long enough.

Our staff today is a lot better TEAM than what we had during the 2015 season.

Archived