AJ Don't Know When to Shut Up

Proud Tiger

Now he is whining about the sacrifice he made playing hurt for Saban and "that" university.

Why do you care so much about the kid?

Here is the quote and more:

In an effort to make himself look like a team player that will do what it takes to win he made the following comments in an interview with Sirius XM:

“A lot of people don’t realize I wasn’t healthy at Alabama,” McCarron said. “I sacrificed a lot to play for Coach Saban and that university; I played through a lot of injuries and we never leaked it because that’s just the way it is. I just always tried to fight through for my teammates, my team and the University of Alabama but as of now I’m just excited to get to work with coach (Ken) Zampese and learn under Andy Dalton.”

If there is one thing that a coach or program does not want to be accused of is protecting the health of its players--which McCarron say Nick Saban and Alabama did in regards to him. Should it ever come out that he should have been held out and was influenced to play anyway it will not go over well for the Crimson Tide.

Could the team be sanctioned? I don't know the rules well enough to say that, but some recruits might be a little more wary of playing for a program that is more concerned with winning than it is their well-being.

The truth of the matter is that McCarron is trying to make himself look good at the expense of others, but anyone that has ever played a competitive sport will see right through him.

Football is a rough game; one in which everyone is hurting to some degree for the majority of the season. It is up to the player, coaches, and medical staff to figure out what is an actual injury that needs time to heal or just a run-of-the-mill ache and pain.

If it hurts you can play, and just about every guy does. So nice try A.J. but you didn't do anything except throw your coach and school under the bus.

I remember well another player who played through his injuries...CAMERON NEWTON. Now there's a man, an athlete, a STAR quarterback, a true team leader, one who gives credit to God with multiple opportunities to do so...an AUBURN TIGER forever. But I guess when you go #1, whining isn't necessary. However, were the shoe on the other foot, I don't think we would have heard a peep out of Cam.

"Quarterback AJ McCarron fell to the Cincinnati Bengals in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft after being projected as a second- or third-round pick. McCarron believes he could have gone higher, except for all the nagging injuries he suffered at Alabama that nobody knew about, per the Sporting News."

More--http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/12/5709882/a-j-mccarron-healthy-alabama-crimson-tide

What a whiner. So the kid played when he was hurt- WOW, line forms to the right kiddo... anyone who ever played the game went when they were hurt. I've never actually heard anyone who has played at that level make that much a big deal of stuff.

Keesler.....I don't care about him. I don't like him. In case you didn't noticed, this is the Rivals Forum where news about rival teams and players is posted. You have a problem with that?

I heard when AJ was taking control of the team at bama, the team didnt like him. He is just an unlikeable guy. They managed to get through it, and that is why Saban took such a shine to him. They are the same person. It is just who he is. I actually like him pissing off the bama fans by not being so bama like. He said he was rooting for AU vs FSU. He didnt care what the fans thought. He is his own guy. He is not doing well in the press right now, and I personally dont really like him, but I respect him.

"I sacrificed a lot to play for Coach Saban and that university"

This is core of the problem, his first loyalty was to Saban, not to his team or school. "That university"' not my university or our university, but that university....

They sacrifice to their god saban

Man am I glad this guy didn't win 3 straight national titles and beat AU 3 times in a row to do it. Hate losing to folks I don't like! He sure doesn't come off sounding good from his quotes

As soon as you read AJ's statement you know that can't be right, after all half pint is all about player safety.

Me! Me! Me!

What a narcissist.

And now we have Saban being pulled in to try to rehabilitate AJ's character.

I really wonder if he will succeed at all. He does not seem to have a personality suited for NFL football, sports commentary, or coaching. I am guessing he will take his money and eventually purchase a car dealership in Mobile.

As soon as you read AJ's statement you know that can't be right, after all half pint is all about player safety.

Good point! He would never let his QB play hurt! Player safety comes first.

Will someone please change the title to: "Doesn't know when to shut up" vs "Don't know when to shut up"

Me! Me! Me!

What a narcissist.

I really wonder if he will succeed at all. He does not seem to have a personality suited for NFL football, sports commentary, or coaching. I am guessing he will take his money and eventually purchase a car dealership in Mobile.

Car dealership is a good call. Maybe used cars. He would not do well in insurance.

Me! Me! Me!

What a narcissist.

Car dealership is a good call. Maybe used cars. He would not do well in insurance.

Maybe a shoe clerk at T-Town Menswear?

I heard when AJ was taking control of the team at bama, the team didnt like him. He is just an unlikeable guy. They managed to get through it, and that is why Saban took such a shine to him. They are the same person. It is just who he is. I actually like him pissing off the bama fans by not being so bama like. He said he was rooting for AU vs FSU. He didnt care what the fans thought. He is his own guy. He is not doing well in the press right now, and I personally dont really like him, but I respect him.

All you have to do is reference the Barret Jones on-field shoving incident.....Enough said!

It's kind of short sighted to judge a guy based on how he is portrayed in the media. If we trusted the image the media displays, then Cam would have been run out of AU. Yeah, I thought his post-Iron Bowl escape to the locker room was a made-for-TV Heisman moment, he just wasn't counting on it being a consolation to have Katherine and his family waiting for him outside the entrance but a coronation.

Fact is, he's gone and will make a little bit of money off his success in college. I don't think he was a great QB, but he was good enough to stand behind a behemoth of an OL and make the plays he needed to make in most games. In fact, I don't think he was a major negative factor in any of his losses. I also don't think he was a major positive factor in many of his wins either. He was simply steady and, yes, a good game manager. Saban's offense starts and ends with a dominating OL. Just as his defense counts on a big DL and huge LBs. The rest of the team can be simply OK (though many of them aren't and are really good) and uat will be successful.

• 2 months later...

I can't say it doesn't make me happy seeing that McTat didn't even crack 3rd string QB today against the Chiefs.

I can't say it doesn't make me happy seeing that McTat didn't even crack 3rd string QB today against the Chiefs.

Guess that means a new spot will open up on the SEC network

Archived