Robert Carter

AUjcsbija

@AUHoopsBlog: HUGE if true! BIG PF former 4 star out of highschool. RT @GTRecruiting: Looks like Robert Carter to Auburn. Big time get for them.

Looks like we're getting a look at this prospect. Anyone have any info? Would be great to have talent at the 4

@AUHoopsBlog: Robert Carter would be a huge pickup. Big kid who averaged 11 and 8 at Ga Tech. Former 4/5 star coming out of high school.

We may have to pump the brakes on this one...

“@austinwpenny: Sources tell me the rumors of #GaTech PF Robert Carter transferring to #Auburn is currently untrue.”

@SuburbanHoops: @JgarberWDE @austinwpenny The timing of the information is the problem more than the actual content.

@austinwpenny: @SuburbanHoops I agree. Very interesting, but I'm still hearing that it's not true at all.

@SuburbanHoops: @austinwpenny I know where the info that was tweeted came from and they would know, but you're right it's best it stays that way for now.

Well, I'd rather have rumors of guys coming to AU, even if they are untrue, rather than rumors of guys on AU bball team leaving like we have experienced over the entire Barbee tenure.

Well, I'd rather have rumors of guys coming to AU, even if they are untrue, rather than rumors of guys on AU bball team leaving like we have experienced over the entire Barbee tenure.

Those weren't rumors you were hearing about players leaving the AU bball team during Barbee's tenure.lol

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/article/georgia-tech-f-robert-carter-jr-transfer

ATLANTA (AP) — Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory has announced that forward Robert Carter Jr. will not return for his junior season and plans to transfer.

Carter, a starter since his freshman year, was Gregory's top signee in 2012. He averaged 10.5 points and 7.4 rebounds in 54 games with the Yellow Jackets.

Carter missed the Yellow Jackets' first 10 Atlantic Coast Conference games last season with a torn meniscus in his left knee.

Gregory said in a statement Tuesday that Carter's decision to transfer "is disappointing, (and) we wish him the very best in his continued career."

Without Carter, Georgia Tech has only one of its top five leading scorers from last season — Marcus Georges-Hunt — returning next season.

Gregory is 43-52 overall, 16-36 in the ACC under Gregory.

Those weren't rumors you were hearing about players leaving the AU bball team during Barbee's tenure.lol

LOL!

“@TheRecruitScoop: Auburn, Memphis, Purdue & Marquette are in the early running for Georgia Tech transfer Robert Carter, a source says.”

• 2 weeks later...

We will start getting to level recruits wanting to play for Auburn and Coach Bruce Pearl. Is it Pearl or Pearle?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived