2015 4* QB Deondre Francois (FSU signee)

WarEagle84

He was definitely playing games at the end. It was pretty darn obvious to see when he started with all the Auburn stuff posting on Twitter

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It worries me that we'll only have 3 QB's on scholarship for 2015. (Jr) Jeremy Johnson, (So) Sean White and (TFr) Tyler Queen.

We will be fine.. You are forgetting about Jason Smith though. Coaches stated that they would let him try out as a QB.

I had Jason penciled in as WR so much that I forgot that he will get a shot at QB. I recall he is a great athlete and this may keep him there for a while longer than expected, if not permanently

I had Jason penciled in as WR so much that I forgot that he will get a shot at QB. I recall he is a great athlete and this may keep him there for a while longer than expected, if not permanently

I doubt it. JJ, Sean W, and Tyler Q will all be in place. I just do not see the need for a fourth QB that we really want to play receiver. Four game quality QB are never needed. The only way AU would do this is if Tyler still is not 100% after his arm injury. I would rather utilize Jason as a receiver.

It will be interesting to hear about QB play in preseason. We expect JJ to be good. He was good last year and coaches have said he will see the field this year. Also, There have been positive comments about the play of Sean W. in early summer workouts. I think he is like a gym rat in Basketball.

I think putting Jason at QB will just lessen his ability to learn and be productive early on as a receiver.

I am pretty sure we will hear something about Jason since he is visiting with Bridges this weekend. But I bet we are telling him he will get a shot there at some point, maybe he gets some practice reps here and there to get to know things, but only as a just in case IYAM. His future at the next level is at WR.

Yeah I consider Jason being an emergency type QB option. Unless someone goes down with a injury he will play WR. Also Jwall will still be at AU in 2015 unless he transfers. He could take snaps in an emergency situation. And when you are talking about your 4th string QB getting snaps it would be an emergency situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if the original FSU QB commit flipped or decommitted soon.

Or is asked to.

Why isn't this on the rivals page yet? If he committed and didn't commit to us, don't care. One of them (Kai or Dre) will end up back with us. In the meantime ship em where they belong!

1. Waiting to see if Dre will still be a target and 2. Since a lot of people don't check the Rivals section it usually stays in the AU section a day or 2 for max exposure.

I don't want either of the 3 dt's that just committed to fsu! They made their decision to go there, all in the same class, lol. If I remember correctly, there's only one position at qb on offense, and when did fsu start running the zone read? Some kids just don't think, all 3 were blindly lead to fsu because of fandom, kind of like most kids in this state when it comes to bama. We are not a step down college and I hope Gus lets them know that when one of them decides to de-commit/ leave fsu. WDE

I don't want either of the 3 dt's that just committed to fsu! They made their decision to go there, all in the same class, lol. If I remember correctly, there's only one position at qb on offense, and when did fsu start running the zone read? Some kids just don't think, all 3 were blindly lead to fsu because of fandom, kind of like most kids in this state when it comes to bama. We are not a step down college and I hope Gus lets them know that when one of them decides to de-commit/ leave fsu. WDE

Kai is the oinly one of the 3 that would be realistically considered a zone read QB.

Let's don't forget we have Tyler Queen committed. He wants to be an Auburn Tiger, he has never wavered in his commitment and he is as good or better than any of these other guys seeking headlines with their commitments. I wouldn't get concerned with any of these other guys. We already have our top guy committed!

Kai is the oinly one of the 3 that would be realistically considered a zone read QB.

But all 3 would have been running the zone read if one of them had chosen AU, which benefits the term dual threat qb at its greatest potential.

But all 3 would have been running the zone read if one of them had chosen AU, which benefits the term dual threat qb at its greatest potential.

What does that have to do with them choosing FSU? Just because some website lists you as a "Dual Threat"; doesn't mean that you should automatically start looking only at schools that will have you running a zone-read offense. Francois in particular is not touted for his running ability at all.

Let's don't forget we have Tyler Queen committed. He wants to be an Auburn Tiger, he has never wavered in his commitment and he is as good or better than any of these other guys seeking headlines with their commitments. I wouldn't get concerned with any of these other guys. We already have our top guy committed!

Tyler is a great AU guy. He got hurt throwing baseball a few months ago and there has been a lot of rumors that he is not 100 percent and has not been throwing as well as he did prior to the injury. There is some talk of him needing Tommy John surgery as well.

That is a little scary. I saw a Tyler tweet yesterday that they have just started practice. I think we will know soon just how healthy Tyler is. If Tyler is healthy, he is a SEC level QB if on the other hand he is not healthy, our QB situation is changing.

We are not a step down college, but I sure didn't mind when Elijah Daniel changed his commitment and signed with us. Or Peyton Barber. If we take one of those 3 guys on NSD, great. The recruiting process is weird. So what. If Gus signs one of those guys it's because he knows what he's doing.

I am pretty sure we will hear something about Jason since he is visiting with Bridges this weekend. But I bet we are telling him he will get a shot there at some point, maybe he gets some practice reps here and there to get to know things, but only as a just in case IYAM. His future at the next level is at WR.

I'm thinking Jason's QB future at Auburn is going to be determined by how well he plays the position this season in JUCO. Light it up like Nick in JUCO and he will be a QB. Play at a lower level and the decision is made for him.

What does that have to do with them choosing FSU? Just because some website lists you as a "Dual Threat"; doesn't mean that you should automatically start looking only at schools that will have you running a zone-read offense. Francois in particular is not touted for his running ability at all.

I suggest u read the entire post before u question me about something that was a response to ellitor.

Not quite as bad as I predicted, no we wanted him anyway but we do have some I prefer Tyler Queen....

I suggest u read the entire post before u question me about something that was a response to ellitor.

I read your s***ty post. I suggest you stop talking out of your ass, because at no point in time did you say anything that made any form of logical sense...all the way down to the overly fanatical "step-down college" comment.

Archived