ESPN bias is ridiculous!!!

3rdgeneration

Watching the ESPN College Football Live show right now. They have us playing FSU in the playoffs as the 4th seed and Alabama playing someone (can't remember who) as 3rd seed. They have not even mentioned us, but have crawled right up Alabama's tail. They think Bama will be playing against FSU in the championship. No lie. They didn't say more than 2 sentences about us. Disgusted!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you really shouldn't let what others say get to ya

With Rece Davis and some other bammers on board BSPN, did you honestly think we would get any favorable coverage?? They are in bed with the bammies and that is not going to change. Sad but true.

Anyone who trolls other boards will tell you that every fan base feels there's a bias against them. Espn crucified saban last year for the iton bowl and oklahoma losses.

Actually many feel we're the medias current darling. Of course if we lose 3 this year we'll be thrown under the bus.

Anyone who trolls other boards will tell you that every fan base feel there's a bias against them. Espn crucified saban last year for the iton bowl and oklahoma losses.

Actually many feel we're the medias current darling. Of course if we loose 3 this year we'll be thrown under the bus.

Well I have a hard time buying what you are saying but I don't troll other boards. I read the BSPN web site a lot and it is pretty obvious to me the bama bias and it won't take 3 losses for us to get thrown under the bus. One or two will probably do.

Saw that as well. Anyone else see Palmer basically imply, when talking about the BCS and undefeated non-AQ teams being left out, that TCU would have beaten Auburn in 2010?

You really and truly shouldn't be shocked. Thanks to what we did in last season, the lovefest BSPN has for the Updykes is stronger than ever.

Stop worrying about what ESPN has to say about Auburn in the preseason. ESPN is going to crawl up anyone's tail that is doing well in the sporting world. We have gotten significant coverage nationally by ESPN then years before. They were here for Signing Day, they covered our spring game over Bama's, and we have gotten way more positive then negative publicity this year, then any other year. ESPN loves us right now and just because they projected us playing FSU in the playoffs during the PRESEASON doesn't mean that they'll feel that way halfway through the season when we're wiping the floor with everyone that comes our way. War Eagle.

Meh. I think claims of bias are overblown. Most fans of any team think the media hates them. Ask any sports talk show host not named Finebaum.

That said, Bama does get more than their share of media love. But given the school's and coach's history, it's not entirely gratuitous.

When you have the #1 recruiting classes for ... forever and have won 3 nc's in 5 years, it's hard not to pick uat pretty far up there every year by brain-dead default.

Bottom line - we're going to have to more than just wound "the beast", we're going to have to cut its friggin head off. This year has the potential to do just that.

I know, I know, I know....

It's not so much that they said anything bad about us, it's just that they TOTALLY ignored us! We could have been the East Westchester Northstars from nowhere and they would have had more say...

I guess it will keep us humble, which is more than you can say for that other team.

So much whining.....it's just embarrassing that any AU person would allow some ESPN talking head to ruin their day.

When you have the #1 recruiting classes for ... forever and have won 3 nc's in 5 years, it's hard not to pick uat pretty far up there every year by brain-dead default.

Bottom line - we're going to have to more than just wound "the beast", we're going to have to cut its friggin head off. This year has the potential to do just that.

Amen. You are a nitwit if you really think this is some big example of Alabama bias. On paper they have more talent than anybody in the country. And that will make it all the more pleasurable towhip their tails again this year.

It's not like I'm sitting around crying about it...geez, I certainly would not call myself a nitwit. You must be a turd! haha I don't care what that other team does, as long as we beat the heck out of them. I just would like our kids that are grinding out all that hard work, last year and this year, to be respected. I won't lose a moment of sleep over ESPN. I respect them about as much as they respect us.

Amen. You are a nitwit if you really think this is some big example of Alabama bias. On paper they have more talent than anybody in the country. And that will make it all the more pleasurable towhip their tails again this year.

Nitwit? No need to be ugly about it. You just have a different opinion. Geeze.

I actually agree that ESPN is all about bammer most of the time. The bammers that work there make sure of it. I still haven't forgotten 2010,either. Or what they did to Cam at his Heisman ceremony. Auburn does not get respect from ESPN in the way it should, but I hope that changes soon.

It's frustrating to listen to those goobers, so I seldom do unless I can't avoid it.

People who actually think a team that doesn't even win their own division will get into the playoff's are idiots. It's not happening. It happened once because of the nimrod sports writer's.

With Rece Davis and some other bammers on board BSPN, did you honestly think we would get any favorable coverage?? They are in bed with the bammies and that is not going to change. Sad but true.

check your PM's slammer

check your PM's slammer

Don't see nuthin. Did you hit the send button? ;D

Guest jojo1515

Wait, they had us in the top 4 at the end of the season and there is a bias against us? I bet those 115 or so other teams not even included really feel disrespected. Sometimes people feel disrepected because they expect just a little too much.

Nitwit? No need to be ugly about it. You just have a different opinion. Geeze.

I actually agree that ESPN is all about bammer most of the time. The bammers that work there make sure of it. I still haven't forgotten 2010,either. Or what they did to Cam at his Heisman ceremony. Auburn does not get respect from ESPN in the way it should, but I hope that changes soon.

It's frustrating to listen to those goobers, so I seldom do unless I can't avoid it.

Yes, nitwits. No more ugly than goobers. So who are all these biased Bammers at ESPN? Yes there's some people out there that says things that we don't agree with about our team. I do think that Jesse Palmer sounds like a douche pretty often. I'm not a fan of everybody on ESPN. But I don't think that network has some massive bias against us. Do they have a Saban love fest? Sure. But he has the number 1 recruiting class in the country almost every year and 4 national championships. Based on results he's one of the three or four best coaches of all time, and he may win more yet. Like it or not he will go down as a superstar of college football coaching. For me, this just makes beating Alabama and succeeding in spite of their presence all the more exciting and entertaining. But I'm not going to cry and moan about ESPN when ESPN is putting us in their preseason top 4.

Archived