Signees on campus

was wondering the same thing!

has anyone heard about braden smith??

I heard Braden was a big boy. If he was on campus, he would be noticed quickly.

I've seen that Burton, Davis, Williams, Bessent, White, Lambert, Thomas all arrived yesterday. I'm sure there are others.

My understanding is that students can't start taking classes until the Fall. I thought they could take them in the summer, but I just got accepted to Auburn's MBA program and I had asked to start in the summer if possible and they said I had to wait until the Fall. Perhaps it is an MBA thing, but I was actually thinking of the football players who always show up at the beginning of summer as a possibility that I may be able to start early as well. I guess they don't. What do they do all summer? Taking prep classes?

Two players will officially report in June, Lawrence (maybe even earlier for him) and Thornton. Everybody else in the class has reported and enrolled.

Two players will officially report in June, Lawrence (maybe even earlier for him) and Thornton. Everybody else in the class has reported and enrolled.

This is the best ever, in my memory. Usually there are a few stragglers to worry about as late as the start of fall camp.

Unless there has been a drastic policy change, these guys are going to class this term.

They can definitely take summer classes.

If they are just now getting on campus, the only way for them to do so is to take classes during the 2nd mini-mester. So yes, you are right, there is technically a way that they can take classes this summer, they just won't be able to start those summer classes until after June 20 (when the first mini-mester ends) unless they got to campus before May 16 (when the 1st mini-mester started).

Source: The 3 classes that I'm currently taking during the 1st mini-mester.

If they are just now getting on campus, the only way for them to do so is to take classes during the 2nd mini-mester. So yes, you are right, there is technically a way that they can take classes this summer, they just won't be able to start those summer classes until after June 20 (when the first mini-mester ends) unless they got to campus before May 16 (when the 1st mini-mester started).

Without a link, I'm afraid this will have to be classified as rumor. :poke:

So cool Pettway got in. A Prattville kid playing football for AU. E is probably helping him move into his room.

Reporting at the end of May and starting classes at the start of the 2nd mini-mester is how they've traditionally done it. Remember, most of these guys hadn't graduated from high school by May 16. They spend the time until June 20 getting oriented and so forth.

So cool Pettway got in. A Prattville kid playing football for AU. E is probably helping him move into his room.

Post of the day!

Generally speaking, students can start a week or two into the semester. The problem for most students is that the classes they need are already full. Athletes have two advantages: they really just need class hours, so it doesn't matter as much which classes, and they get a little extra help to get their classes (advisors can add an extra seat to a class if needs be).

Archived