Pre-Season SEC forecasts

AU64

by the SIDs from around the conference show very little respect for AU....Bama picked to play in the SEC championship and only a few AU players scattered among the first and second team all-stars.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/alabama_south_carolina_preseas.html

Doesn't look to me like anyone on the AU team should be at risk of being over-confident coming into the 2014 season. If AU thrives on being an underdog, this ought to get everyone revved up.

How is bama the favorite again. I understand the talent has been a revolving door there but they don't have a Qb and LK for OC...

Someone help me understand.

One thing everybody is overlooking is the o'line, they have holes to fill there. Also, the defense will be missing some key players with experience . I'm not surprised by the drunken medias choice. This will be another fun year for the tigers!

Like it or not Bama has delivered an NC title each time they got the chance in recent years and we did not. Sure I think McCoy going out early sealed one, then the LSU rematch was a double standard joke and ND was inferior, but they still WON when they got a shot. Had we beaten FSU I think they would have picked us. Given the depth of talent Bama has I think they are the least risky pick. I just hope we stay healthy, motivated and show the SEC the new boss is still in town.

War Eagle !

While I can understand reluctance from SID's to pick Auburn first based on past letdowns, I feel that the coaching staff that we have in place will do an excellent job of keeping our players grounded.

How is bama the favorite again. I understand the talent has been a revolving door there but they don't have a Qb and LK for OC...

Someone help me understand.

Perceived reputation. It's a by-product of a coach that has built a consistently winning program--at times in dominating fashion, despite potential personnel setbacks. This helps to bestow the lofty 'benefit of the doubt' selection. This is what NCTiger meant by least risky pick.

As much as we'd would like the schedule to be equal, the fact is they have a much easier road to travel than us. We get the best two teams from the east and they play neither. If we could swap SC and UGA for UF and UT who wouldn't do it?

Archived