Nick Marshall cited (confirmed)

JDUBB4AU

I got a big problem with the windows.LOL Mine are illegal to. I think most window tint is illegal.

Here in Georgia, the legal window tint is a 32% visibility. I've gotten a ticket before for window tint. Mine were 15% visibility. It cost more than a speeding ticket.

Nick's fine for the window tint is $100. Your speeding ticket was less than that?

The fine for the weed is $1000. For those comparing this to Winston's $30 citation for stealing crab legs, I would suggest that those who make the laws (granted, in different jurisdictions) think there's a significant difference.

Dark windows are worse than theft? I think I'd rather hire the guy with the slightly darker windows.

Window tint is an officer safety issue. How would you like to be the cop walking up to a window you can't see through, not knowing whether there's an innocent grandma or a drug dealer with an uzi pointed at you on the other side?

Shouldn't illegal tint be harder to get?

I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate uses for it. When possible they should fine the installer, it's not like they don't know better.

What? Dark tint is allowed on the backs of SUVs and trucks because it comes from the factory at 20%, which means it blocks out 80% of the sun light. Different states have different laws about how dark they will allow auto windows to be tinted. When it becomes illegal to apply dark film to cars is when they should fine the installers. People who want their cars tinted illegally are the ones who know better but, they still want it and they're the ones who should pay the fines not the guys simply doing what their customers' want.

I think they should both be fined. If an installer puts illegal tint on a car they know it, but many don't care. Some have ethics and won't install it if it's illegal. It would probably create too much red tape though.

They should follow the state laws where they work.

Ive had 3 cars tinted. Most shops have warranties but ALWAYS will tell you their warranties are voided if you select an illegal application.At that point it is up to the customer to either assume that liability or go legal..the end. Ethics has nothing to do with this. Have you ever had auto windows tinted? it sounds like you have not. The shops have skin in the game. Its not like they're urging people to go illegal.

Well, they have "skin in the game"!! By all means let them assist in breaking the law. No laws should apply to those who have "skin in the game".

Yes, I've had 2 cars tinted before.

So were you informed that illegal tint had no warranty to back it up? If not, you were dealing with an unscrupulous operator. Clearly, you missed the point here completely. IT IS THE CUSTOMER'S CHOICE. The shops inform them of what is legal and what is not. What is it about that you don't understand?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a big problem with the windows.LOL Mine are illegal to. I think most window tint is illegal.

Here in Georgia, the legal window tint is a 32% visibility. I've gotten a ticket before for window tint. Mine were 15% visibility. It cost more than a speeding ticket.

Nick's fine for the window tint is $100. Your speeding ticket was less than that?

The fine for the weed is $1000. For those comparing this to Winston's $30 citation for stealing crab legs, I would suggest that those who make the laws (granted, in different jurisdictions) think there's a significant difference.

Dark windows are worse than theft? I think I'd rather hire the guy with the slightly darker windows.

Window tint is an officer safety issue. How would you like to be the cop walking up to a window you can't see through, not knowing whether there's an innocent grandma or a drug dealer with an uzi pointed at you on the other side?

Shouldn't illegal tint be harder to get?

I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate uses for it. When possible they should fine the installer, it's not like they don't know better.

What? Dark tint is allowed on the backs of SUVs and trucks because it comes from the factory at 20%, which means it blocks out 80% of the sun light. Different states have different laws about how dark they will allow auto windows to be tinted. When it becomes illegal to apply dark film to cars is when they should fine the installers. People who want their cars tinted illegally are the ones who know better but, they still want it and they're the ones who should pay the fines not the guys simply doing what their customers' want.

I think they should both be fined. If an installer puts illegal tint on a car they know it, but many don't care. Some have ethics and won't install it if it's illegal. It would probably create too much red tape though.

They should follow the state laws where they work.

Ive had 3 cars tinted. Most shops have warranties but ALWAYS will tell you their warranties are voided if you select an illegal application.At that point it is up to the customer to either assume that liability or go legal..the end. Ethics has nothing to do with this. Have you ever had auto windows tinted? it sounds like you have not. The shops have skin in the game. Its not like they're urging people to go illegal.

Well, they have "skin in the game"!! By all means let them assist in breaking the law. No laws should apply to those who have "skin in the game".

Yes, I've had 2 cars tinted before.

So were you informed that illegal tint had no warranty to back it up? If not, you were dealing with an unscrupulous operator. Clearly, you missed the point here completely. IT IS THE CUSTOMER'S CHOICE. The shops inform them of what is legal and what is not. What is it about that you don't understand?

No, you missed the point which is that I am offering up my opinion here and not debating what the law is now. If you help someone break the law, and they can't do it without your assistance, there is some liability there, imo.

Anyways, let's just agree to disagree and not derail this thread any further.

Archived