All Things AU Linebacker thread

ellitor

As one on here that has been disappointed in Frost,let me say IMHO he played one of his better games.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As one on here that has been disappointed in Frost,let me say IMHO he played one of his better games.

I think he played his best game ever, but it was virtually all in the first quarter. Maybe the bad shoulder kicked in again, but after being so involved in the early going he just sort of disappeared later in the game.

The LBs as a group looked much more comfortable in the defensive design against SJSU. I still saw a few blown assignments but not near as many as the first game. Get better each game!!

I think he played his best game ever, but it was virtually all in the first quarter. Maybe the bad shoulder kicked in again, but after being so involved in the early going he just sort of disappeared later in the game.

Well the game became pretty pass heavy later on if I remember right? Not making excuses but I didn't see any miscues on his part on the later parts of the game

I saw Cass was fussing at him one time but right after the play he was fussing back and his body language indicated he knew what he was talking about

I thought the info from WDE about Frost's shoulder giving him fits was very telling.

I am still looking forward to seeing Williams play a lot today.

It definitely got lost for me, because I didn't even see it...makes me feel a lot better now, quite frankly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully we see another step in improvement during the K state game. Think it will be a key to the game if we can shut down the running lanes in the middle of the field. I don't think Waters has the speed to get to the edge consistently against us. But those inside isolation runs could really hurt if someone's out of place.

So..anything on Kenny flowers stepping up this season? Haven't heard much about him this year.

Not in the 2 deep and my guess is don't expect him to be barring injury.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

The LB's have really stepped up their game here lately. Let's see the trend continue!!! War Eagle

Don't throw things at me but I'm hoping the coaches are considering beefing up Moncrief for LB depth next season. He's experienced at the college level and a superstar caliber defensive athlete IMO. It's amazing he isn't front page news in our secondary.

Don't throw things at me but I'm hoping the coaches are considering beefing up Moncrief for LB depth next season. He's experienced at the college level and a superstar caliber defensive athlete IMO. It's amazing he isn't front page news in our secondary.

Wouldn't surprise me if that becomes a reality, though barring Cass or Kris having such a breakout season that they test the NFL draft waters, we should be pretty stacked at LB next year.

And Rudy Ford has been playing lights out, so I don't think it's the least bit surprising Moncrief isn't starting...and even with the amount of rotation going on defense, it's difficult to be front page news without being on the first string. I get the feeling that at least some of his deal is not fully understanding his responsibilities in the scheme, which translates to slowing the reaction time.

I do hope he gets everything on track, however, because you're right that he has the combination of size and athletic ability to be a stud if he puts it all together.

Where's Moncreif been? I haven't heard much from him at all. Did the talent not transfer over, or is he hurt?

Swain and Williams have played well during the time Frost and Cass have missed as well. Very encouraging moving forward.

Where's Moncreif been? I haven't heard much from him at all. Did the talent not transfer over, or is he hurt?

Rudy Ford has been playing lights out

Rudy Ford has been playing lights out

Also, he did have an injury in fall camp. Not sure if it's still an issue or not, though.

Archived