All Things AU Linebacker thread

ellitor

I suppose the coaches will decide if KF starts or not biased on what they see everyday in practice and on film. Everything else is irrelivent

True but this is a message board where free thinking is accepted. Deferring to the coaches's opinions are a given. Basically just read the posts as "I trust the coaches but if it were me this is what I think."

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frost looked awful. McKinzey looked very inconsistent. Garrett & Therezie seemed to spark the defense in the 2nd half. So I would agree that Frost needs to sit in light of one of the two mentioned. I'm interested to see how quickly Tre Williams jumps into the starting lineup as well.

Frost redeemed himself in my mind. Any players from 12 that are still fighting to get better every day I am a fan of. Didn't particularly enjoy Holland, but that's in the past. I like the "MF" linebacker duo. Williams is the future.

Frost redeemed himself in my mind. Any players from 12 that are still fighting to get better every day I am a fan of. Didn't particularly enjoy Holland, but that's in the past. I like the "MF" linebacker duo. Williams is the future.

lol

I suppose the coaches will decide if KF starts or not biased on what they see everyday in practice and on film. Everything else is irrelivent

Love these posts

Maybe Frost and Mckinzey should be playing rush end. From day 1 in recruiting I've always thought Cass would end up at DE. Swain, Williams, Garrett, and Therezie might be our LBs. I know it sounds crazy but San Jose would be the right game to experiment.

I believe Frost had 3 QB hurries.

Correct

Which led the team.

1. Where can I see that stat? and 2. That does not offset or excuse 0 tackles for a LB against a team that was straight up running it down our throats in the first half. He was straight up timid and reactionary against the run and he let a RB school him in the whole when he had the RB squared up.

On the stat sheet. 2) just providing a bit of balance, not making an argument.

Love these posts

Whenever I come across them I hear the Guinness guys in the back of my mind saying "Brilliant!"

Frost did struggle and that was a bit disappointing to see. I'm sure he'll be getting plenty of snaps the rest of the season so hopefully he can continue to improve. I'm not sure what the better option is though. Maybe Garret can play it but he is awful small to be knocking around in the box. Maybe Tre before the season is out but I don't think he would be a better option right now. So maybe the best option would be to start Swain in the middle and move Cass back to the weak side. I just hope we get to see some big hits out if this position in the next game. Whoever is back there!

Guest jojo1515

Love these posts

Whenever I come across them I hear the Guinness guys in the back of my mind saying "Brilliant!"

Or maybe one of the Captain Obvious commercials

i agree with pate and williams and called this a long time ago. I thought therezie would play safety or garrett would play OLB, but we need them both. they make plays.

Doesn't anyone here know how to spell McKinzy's last name? It is McKinzy. Geez!

And did everyone miss the play where McKinzy filled the gap and hit the hog RB (Collins?) in the backfield, then just bounced off and flopped on the ground like a flounder while the RB ran for a sizable gain? McKinzy is not the only Auburn player who failed to form tackle or wrap up. But by this point, you expect a LB to make a basic play.

Between him and Frost, I'm hoping some other guys step up, because .... dang!

I was very disappointed in frost and that was the first quarter alone. Allen ran for a first one time because he turned his head and another play I don't know what was going on but he was standing right next to the hole and the hb just ran right by him. Like he literally just stood there. I'm sure it was more going on than my eyes could tell but it was to a point where you wonder if you're just going to stand still what's the point?

Love these posts

Or maybe one of the Captain Obvious commercials

Wait ... the coaches will decide who plays?! Well what are they paying us for?!

:slapfh:

Anyway, I would like to see us use the SJSU game to figure this question out a bit. Based on Saturday's game, I'd really like us to get Garrett and Therezie on the field at the same time, and playing Garrett for Frost seems to be the most likely way to do that. I do wonder whether Frost would do well as an edge rusher (I thought Cass did well in that role).

And did everyone miss the play where McKinzy filled the gap and hit the hog RB (Collins?) in the backfield, then just bounced off and flopped on the ground like a flounder while the RB ran for a sizable gain? McKinzy is not the only Auburn player who failed to form tackle or wrap up. But by this point, you expect a LB to make a basic play.

you must've missed the play where Cass put a RB on his ass when he came up the middle one play

you must've missed the play where Cass put a RB on his ass when he came up the middle one play

No, we saw thought AND the flounder play. The 1st half tackling stunk across the board. That one (and the apparent "oh my, Arky's a power running team?" epiphany) are on Ellis.

Compare this years opener against Arkansas and last years versus Washington State. Vast improvement. We should also compare the first half of the game to the second half. Shut out second half. Defense in control. Offense pulled away to a comfortable win. Wasn't that way last year to start the year or when we played Arkansas last year.. If you reread this thread it leaves one to wonder that....the loss to Arkansas was Ellis Johnson's fault, the cause of a terrible 2014 season and Frost is the new Holland.

Quoting ITAT editor Mark Murphy concerning McKinzy: "Cassanova McKinzy was in on six tackles but had the opportunity to make a lot more." Murphy notes Frost's zero tackles and speculates that we'll see more of Tre Williams in next week's game. Murphy said "Ellis Johnson needs more production from the group".

McKinzy and Frost are the two best linebackers we have. They will fix the issues and Frost will loved by all once again. On running plays, I would like to see those two plus Garrett and Therezie on the field.

McKinzy and Frost are the two best linebackers we have. They will fix the issues and Frost will loved by all once again. On running plays, I would like to see those two plus Garrett and Therezie on the field.

Which DB do you take out of the game? Or are you removing one of the d-linemen?

You absolutely sure about that? I expect TWs role to greatly expand as the year goes on...starting next week.

Which DB do you take out of the game? Or are you removing one of the d-linemen?

To me Whitehead did not have a good game. I haven't fully analyzed the game but from what I saw he was late in his breaks and misaligned on several plays. What Moncrief or Ford played the Field Safety, Therizie played the Boundary Safety and Garrett played the star. You could still keep Frost, and McKinzy at the LB spot.

I think Whitehead played every defensive snap. Is he that irreplaceable on D or do we just not trust his backup? He had the game-changing play when Therezie rocked the QB. He must be our most trusted DB.

I told a guy who said whitehead would be replaced in the depth chart ain't going to happen. He didn't come out last year either, coaches love him

Archived