All Things AU Linebacker thread

ellitor

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To date, our returning linebackers have done nothing on the field to indicate they are capable of all-SEC level of play and I would not be at all surprised to see at least one of our two freshmen take over. That has been my position all along and it's very different from what you wrote above.

That's simply not true. Cass McKinzy led the SEC Champs in tackles last season as a true sophomore. Kris Frost ran down the defending Heisman winner to seal the win against TAMU. I'd say both are indicators that they are capable of All-SEC level play. That does not mean they are guarantees, only that they are indicators, and those are not the only two indicators of such. The position change seems to fit each of them better, as Frost's speed makes him more ideal for the outside and McKinzy's instincts and size seem more suited for MLB, and there are plenty of smaller things from their play on the field last year to back that up.

See, this is my problem with the stances you have taken regarding AU linebackers. You are constantly negative, constantly degrading, constantly pointing out every flaw possible, but consistently neglecting anything good that might come out of it. I remember you saying something along the lines of how Tre Williams was the best Auburn linebacker LAST year, and your unequivocal belief that he (and possibly Davis) would be starting this season. I also remember rant after rant about how Auburn doesn't have enough linebackers, because the ones on the roster aren't up to par, so we need to sign at least 4 or 5 EVERY YEAR until that is taken care of (never mind that there are only two true linebacker positions on the roster).

Now, would you like to issue that challenge about going back and finding your exact words to me? Because if it will shut you up, then I will be GLAD to do so.

You don't need to go back, your words are a pretty accurate summary. The "all hat, no cattle" guy, however, reads green and sees orange, or some such foolishness. He now even claims, just above, that what you wrote and what he wrote are the same when the two writings are very different. I wonder, if he has more than one child or sibling, can he tell them apart?

About the switch of OLB and MLB: That would have been the obvious thing to do last year, but the coaches had their reasons why it couldn't be done. You and I both know why, so I'll refrain from being negative and not post it here. Hopefully a year has improved the situation.

I'm left to wonder, if it's fine to sign two players for one Star position, why is it not ok to sign four LB's for two LB positions? I took and passed four math courses at AU and every time I do this math, it's still signing 2 players for each position, no matter how many times I run it. :)

Free content from PM @ AUC, including video of interview with Frost -- says we're "a lot, lot better" than we were last year.

Sounds like he is confident. Me Likey! Mikey Likey?

Mikey, the fact that I provided with you different statistics like Frost being the top rated LB in his class and McKinzy being 3rd All SEC validates exactly what Red wrote. The point of the matter is there is no point for you to constantly degrade these guys. The sign of an immature ignorant individual is that they can only sink to degrading and name calling while arguing points.

Next, "all hat no cattle" Really!!!! That's the best you can do. LMAO!!!!! Go to your moms basement think of something really clever, write it down, then throw it away because it sucks. Ask the employee in the check out line of walmart for a clever forum jab because their IQ is nearly double yours. Write it down and don't add a thing to it. Type it in the text box whenever you log on again then pray that someone finds it funny. :)

Mikey, the fact that I provided with you different statistics like Frost being the top rated LB in his class and McKinzy being 3rd All SEC validates exactly what Red wrote. The point of the matter is there is no point for you to constantly degrade these guys. The sign of an immature ignorant individual is that they can only sink to degrading and name calling while arguing points.

Next, "all hat no cattle" Really!!!! That's the best you can do. LMAO!!!!! Go to your moms basement think of something really clever, write it down, then throw it away because it sucks. Ask the employee in the check out line of walmart for a clever forum jab because their IQ is nearly double yours. Write it down and don't add a thing to it. Type it in the text box whenever you log on again then pray that someone finds it funny. :)

Since you don't seem to understand things very well I'll explain for you: "All hat, no cattle" refers to someone who can't back up what they say. Just like you can't back up what you falsely said my position has been. What RIR posted was accurate, what you posted was false, yet you can't tell the difference.

Free content from PM @ AUC, including video of interview with Frost -- says we're "a lot, lot better" than we were last year.

Sounds like he is confident. Me Likey! Mikey Likey?

I like it if it's true but right now it's just talk. I want to see production on the field before I get too happy. I can see where they should be better if Frost and McKinzy swapping positions can be successful. Both are physically better suited to where they are this year. I do think if they don't step it up Tre Williams will be taking more snaps than any LB by mid-season. Barring injury, of course.

Here's some of my opinions.....I'm still thinking To

Toney will surprise a few people before it's said than done. I think many make too much out of Frost's run down play of Johnny what's his name. And Frost has had a video saying he's better or is finally getting it every year he's been playing for Auburn. I think just being in this defense for a second year they should improve, but let's be real as far as stopping the run there is ALOT of improving that needs to be done.

Here's some of my opinions.....I'm still thinking To

Toney will surprise a few people before it's said than done. I think many make too much out of Frost's run down play of Johnny what's his name. And Frost has had a video saying he's better or is finally getting it every year he's been playing for Auburn. I think just being in this defense for a second year they should improve, but let's be real as far as stopping the run there is ALOT of improving that needs to be done.

Upvoted

Since you don't seem to understand things very well I'll explain for you: "All hat, no cattle" refers to someone who can't back up what they say. Just like you can't back up what you falsely said my position has been. What RIR posted was accurate, what you posted was false, yet you can't tell the difference.

Mikey your position has be stated over and over and over and over. YOU really have become the joke of this board. Why should I state it?

As much of a guilty pleasure it is to watch other people argue- you know it's true- this one is getting a little stale and starting to hit below the belt. I'm all for hashing it out and settling differences but seems like y'all are just spinning your tires at this point. Mind taking it to PMs or reverting back to LB discussion?

As much of a guilty pleasure it is to watch other people argue- you know it's true- this one is getting a little stale and starting to hit below the belt. I'm all for hashing it out and settling differences but seems like y'all are just spinning your tires at this point. Mind taking it to PMs or reverting back to LB discussion?

Agreed. I don't blame Mikey for defending his position, but it seems a good time for a redirect.

Was good to see Toney's name above. I saw him on the sideline at the AU-UGA game while watching the replay last night and thought, "I should have added him to my response in the 'Who will surprise us' thread."

Agreed fellas. I believe we see a lot out of our starters. And I also think Toney, Swain, Flowers, and Mitchell will be solid back ups. Davis and Williams will be solid on special teams but Davis is slotted for a redshirt. At the end of the day or defense depends on safety/star play. If we are solid at the boundary safety where we were vulnerable last year then we will have a good year defensively.

Agreed fellas. I believe we see a lot out of our starters. And I also think Toney, Swain, Flowers, and Mitchell will be solid back ups. Davis and Williams will be solid on special teams but Davis is slotted for a redshirt. At the end of the day or defense depends on safety/star play. If we are solid at the boundary safety where we were vulnerable last year then we will have a good year defensively.

I don't see either of our new LBs redshirting. Tre Williams has already shown some glimpses of being a quality LB and Davis was our supposed "diamond in the rough" guy from 2014. I see both getting playing time.

Agreed. I don't blame Mikey for defending his position, but it seems a good time for a redirect.

Well, if such an auspicious persona as McLoofus recommends a redirect, redirect I will! :)

Well, if such an auspicious persona as McLoofus recommends a redirect, redirect I will! :)

Hah! Not surprised that you'd take it in stride, even though I wasn't really directing the 2nd half of that sentence at you.

And I'm not sure I've been called auspicious before, in earnest or in jest. I'll take it either way!

CEJ sounds like he's not counting on Garrett to figure into the LB rotation.

I don't see either of our new LBs redshirting. Tre Williams has already shown some glimpses of being a quality LB and Davis was our supposed "diamond in the rough" guy from 2014. I see both getting playing time.

After Johnson's recent quote, I think you are right.

I think we can expect better play out of Frost this year with him being in a position that better fits his skill set, same with Cass as well. Interesting that Cass is up to 250+ and will get some time at rush end in the Dime package. I guess that means Frost will move to Middle and both Stars will be on the field in that set.

It was really encouraging to read CEJ's comments about Frost and Cass doing so well.

To be honest I was not overly thrilled with what CEJ said about Cass. He said Cass had the most LB talent but does not put the pedal to the metal on everything (have the motor running high) like Frost does.

It was really encouraging to read CEJ's comments about Frost and Cass doing so well.

To be honest I was not overly thrilled with what CEJ said about Cass. He said Cass had the most LB talent but does not put the pedal to the metal on everything like Frost does.

I didn't catch that bit on Cass. Anyone else miss that?

CEJ really likes Cass. He is attempting to motivate him to play at a different level beyond what he has displayed to date. I think he will have one of the better years we have seen at MLB in some time.

Archived