All Things AU Linebacker thread

ellitor

It was really encouraging to read CEJ's comments about Frost and Cass doing so well.

To be honest I was not overly thrilled with what CEJ said about Cass. He said Cass had the most LB talent but does not put the pedal to the metal on everything like Frost does.

I didn't see that quote but I did see where he said, "He's been good, really good. He's had complete control of our front" and that made me feel good. Having a good understanding and control, allows you to play more instinctual football, which is faster football. Playing faster football lets you stop offenses further back and make more plays. Let's hope he finds his motor against real competition instead of his teammates.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was really encouraging to read CEJ's comments about Frost and Cass doing so well.

To be honest I was not overly thrilled with what CEJ said about Cass. He said Cass had the most LB talent but does not put the pedal to the metal on everything like Frost does.

I didn't see that quote but I did see where he said, "He's been good, really good. He's had complete control of our front" and that made me feel good. Having a good understanding and control, allows you to play more instinctual football, which is faster football. Playing faster football lets you stop offenses further back and make more plays. Let's hope he finds his motor against real competition instead of his teammates.

Big difference between those two quotes. ellitor, lil' help?

I know that quote. I watched the whole presser. What I'm referring to is right after the quote you posted and is at the 9:05 mark- 9:50 and over shadows the other quote a bit IMO.

Thanks for providing that. You're right, those are the words he said, but I'm inclined to agree with Dixie about what the message he was putting across.

Thanks for providing that. You're right, those are the words he said, but I'm inclined to agree with Dixie about what the message he was putting across.

I agree with Dixie as well. What we are saying is not condradictory IMO. Reality is not having a consistently high motor has been an issue with Cass his entire AU career. I had hoped and still hope that changes.

I think he will have one of the better years we have seen at MLB in some time.

Really going out on a limb aren't you, Dixie? ;)

I think he will have one of the better years we have seen at MLB in some time.

Really going out on a limb aren't you, Dixie? ;)

Looks like Dixie is going ALL THE WAY back to Josh Bynes and 2010. Golly geebers, that's four whole seasons! That Dixie fella, he a risk taker all right! :)

I know that quote. I watched the whole presser. What I'm referring to is right after the quote you posted and is at the 9:05 mark- 9:50 and over shadows the other quote a bit IMO.

Damn but I like Coach Johnson. :punk:

Josh Bynes was awesome, I'd like to have another linebacker like that on the team, that would be cool

• 4 weeks later...

So, who sits? Both Antarrious Williams and Rob Pate think that Garrett and Therezie need to be on the field at the same time. Williams thinks Frost should go to the bench. Pate doesn't say what else should happen, just that Garrett and Therezie both need to be out there. Link: http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Monday-Morning-Quarterback-Game-1-The-defense-30771606

I'd leave McKenzie at MLB if he's doing a good job of making the defensive calls and sit Frost, but that's just my opinion.

What would you do to get both Garrett and Therezie on the field at the same time?

So, who sits? Both Antarrious Williams and Rob Pate think that Garrett and Therezie need to be on the field at the same time. Williams thinks Frost should go to the bench. Pate doesn't say what else should happen, just that Garrett and Therezie both need to be out there. Link: http://auburn.247spo...efense-30771606

I'd leave McKenzie at MLB if he's doing a good job of making the defensive calls and sit Frost, but that's just my opinion.

What would you do to get both Garrett and Therezie on the field at the same time?

Frost had 0 tackles Saturday. That's insane given how much he was in the game and Arky ran it. Sit him!

So, who sits? Both Antarrious Williams and Rob Pate think that Garrett and Therezie need to be on the field at the same time. Williams thinks Frost should go to the bench. Pate doesn't say what else should happen, just that Garrett and Therezie both need to be out there. Link: http://auburn.247spo...efense-30771606

Frost had 0 tackles Saturday. That's insane given how much he was in the game and Arky ran it. Sit him!

wow

Based solely off of the Arky game I would agree Mikey. Garrett should play outside and Therizie should be full time star. Frost struggle the whole game. It seemed he reverted back to covering his MLB responsibilities which left gaping wholes in the first half.

I really thought Frost had turned the corner at the end of last year but thought he looked bad Saturday. I'm no expert but the plays I really focused on him he looked tentative and out of position. I like him, seems like a good kid, but based off what I saw Saturday I wouldn't be sorry to see him sit. Hoping it was just first game jitters.

wow

Wow at me or that Frost had 0 tackles at LB versus a heavy run team?`````````````````````````````````````````````

Blasphemous! The coaches decided to start him and it's final! But seriously...it was pretty obvious, from what I saw in the replay, that Frost is struggling. He's had plenty of time in the system and is supposedly at his more natural position but simply is not getting the job done. Point blank. He looked a lot like the LB that he replaced who we've been giving absolute hell to for 3 years.

I was very surprised and disappointed at the performance of Frost. He did seem lost at times. He was having a hard time with play recognition which made him put himself out of position several times. I am sure the coaches will be working with him on that this week. #WDE

You can run fast and get close to a QB and make him hurry but in the end it's about getting to him and tackling him or in Frost's case anyone. I think he will improve, everyone does after game one but let someone else start until he shows it on the field.

You can run fast and get close to a QB and make him hurry but in the end it's about getting to him and tackling him or in Frost's case anyone. I think he will improve, everyone does after game one but let someone else start until he shows it on the field.

They track QB hurries for a reason. Many wind up as incompletions.

I suppose the coaches will decide if KF starts or not biased on what they see everyday in practice and on film. Everything else is irrelivent

I believe Frost had 3 QB hurries.

Correct

Which led the team.

1. Where can I see that stat? and 2. That does not offset or excuse 0 tackles for a LB against a team that was straight up running it down our throats in the first half. He was straight up timid and reactionary against the run and he let a RB school him in the whole when he had the RB squared up.

Archived