Iraq

Tigermike

They may be crazy, but they aren't stupid.

Wouldn't it be ironic for an Islamic state to out-compete the non-Islamic states simply based on providing a non-corrupt government?

Non-corrupt? Well, once they've decapitated all the infidels, subordinated all the women and fully installed sharia law I guess you're thinking they then become productive peace loving citizens. Good Lord, they'll never out compete anyone, they'll simply kill them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be ironic for an Islamic state to out-compete the non-Islamic states simply based on providing a non-corrupt government.

Non-corrupt? I guess their style of government is like birds singing on a spring morning for ya? ;)

I see you point, but I am referring to the constant petty shakedowns of average people.

These folks are clearly evil, but they are sophisticated enough to address the "hearts and minds" of the majority as someone else put it. It's sort of like the Nazis in the early 30's, putting people back to work and having the trains run on time.

While the trains took people to their deaths in a concentration camp. Pure evil is sophisticated, and sometimes the majority isn't really the majority, they are just the weak and scared. Look at the people throughout history who have done the things they have done. It's usually a brilliant mind that is bent to do things in a very sinister way.

Wouldn't it be ironic for an Islamic state to out-compete the non-Islamic states simply based on providing a non-corrupt government?

Non-corrupt? Well, once they've decapitated all the infidels, subordinated all the women and fully installed sharia law I guess you're thinking they then become productive peace loving citizens. Good Lord, they'll never out compete anyone, they'll simply kill them.

You completely missed my point. Even after I explained it. :no:

Just too focused on getting your licks in.

Wouldn't it be ironic for an Islamic state to out-compete the non-Islamic states simply based on providing a non-corrupt government.

Non-corrupt? I guess their style of government is like birds singing on a spring morning for ya? ;)

I see you point, but I am referring to the constant petty shakedowns of average people.

These folks are clearly evil, but they are sophisticated enough to address the "hearts and minds" of the majority as someone else put it. It's sort of like the Nazis in the early 30's, putting people back to work and having the trains run on time.

While the trains took people to their deaths in a concentration camp. Pure evil is sophisticated, and sometimes the majority isn't really the majority, they are just the weak and scared. Look at the people throughout history who have done the things they have done. It's usually a brilliant mind that is bent to do things in a very sinister way.

Never underestimate the potential of exploiting the common man by solving his ordinary problems.

"ISIS militants behead abducted American journalist James Wright Foley in graphic video"

If you are REALLY interested, the video can be found on LiveLeak.... I unfortunately was sent the link. I'm usually very passive, but ISIS needs to be blown into oblivion.

Foley certainly didnt deserve to die in that manner but when you go looking for trouble, it will find you.

"James Foley was one of a new breed of activists calling themselves journalists. He didn’t travel to report on a story, but to promote an agenda. And the agenda was obvious from his Twitter feed.

Any human life lost is tragic, but a moral individual would have much more empathy for the Syrian Christians who suffered at the hands of Foley’s favorite Jihadists than one of their pet propagandists.

Foley came to Syria to support the Sunni Islamist rebels against the Syrian government.

He cheered on the Sunni Muslim terrorists fighting to ethnically cleanse the Christians of Aleppo. In the conflict between Israel and Hamas, his tweets and retweets were chock full of pro-terrorist propaganda.

But Foley ran afoul of at least some of the Sunni Jihadists in Syria. His twitter feed was filled with references to the FSA. And the FSA was going to be eclipsed by the Al Qaeda affiliates. And that was where he ended up.

When Austin Tice, an actual freelance journalist was kidnapped by Jihadists, Foley ridiculed the idea that Jihadists had kidnapped him. Surely Syrian Jihadists wouldn’t do that sort of thing.

Except they did."

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/james-foley-went-looking-to-support-terrorists-in-syria-instead-they-cut-off-his-head/

Statement from Pentagon Press Secretary RADM John Kirby on Attempted Rescue Operation

Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. Kirby provided the following statement:

The United States attempted a rescue operation recently to free a number of American hostages held in Syria by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). This operation involved air and ground components and was focused on a particular captor network within ISIL. Unfortunately, the mission was not successful because the hostages were not present at the targeted location.

As we have said repeatedly, the United States government is committed to the safety and well-being of its citizens, particularly those suffering in captivity. In this case, we put the best of the United States military in harms' way to try and bring our citizens home.

The United States government uses the full breadth of our military, intelligence and diplomatic capabilities to bring people home whenever we can. The United States will not tolerate the abduction of our people, and will work tirelessly to secure the safety of our citizens and to hold their captors accountable.

Archived