2014 Fall Practice - 8/15 Update

RunInRed

C.J. Uzomah

C.J.Uzomah says Auburn's offense is "leaps and bounds ahead of where we were last year."

C.J. Uzomah says quarterback Nick Marshall has shown much more leadership this preseason

Auburn's C.J. Uzomah: "We're ready for the season."

@AUGoldMine

Uzomah: "Jeremy is looking great. ... We have all the confidence in the world in him."

Uzomah on Braden Smith: "He's a complete monster."

@wareagleextra

C.J. Uzomah says Nick Marshall is a leader. "He hasn't missed a beat with anything we've been doing."

@bmarcello

"We’re leaps and bounds ahead of where we were last year, especially as an offense, just because we’ve been in the system for a year-plus now," Uzomah said. "We have that kind of connection as receivers, and the O-line knows what we’re doing with Coach (J.B.) Grimes. The quarterbacks and the running backs have their mesh points, yeah, it’s going really well and we’re pleasantly pleased where we are right now.”

Uzomah said Nick Marshall has "been tremendous. He said that he’d get back on track, that’s what he told the team, and that’s what he’s done. He hasn’t missed a beat with anything we’ve been doing." Marshall had a breakout season last year, even though last season "he was just trying to really just understand the offense."

He does now, and he seems to be demanding everybody else does, too.

"He texts everyone. He has a group message where he’ll text all the receivers, all the running backs and he’ll be like, ‘we need to get out there and throw," Uzomah said. "There’s no question, there’s no 'oh I have this or that,' unless it’s school. It’s like we’re out there, and we’re throwing, and he wants to perfect it."

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081514aaa.html

Gabe Wright

Wright on playing defensive end: "I have been playing inside a bit more the past week, but defensive end has been fun."

Wright on potentially having a breakout year: "There's no doubt with his push and the involvement of my teammates, my level will improve."

@wareagleextra

Auburn's Gabe Wright says fellow defensive lineman Montravius Adams "has high energy all the time."

Auburn's Gabe Wright on practice: "I've been really proud that the defense has been progressing." Says D-line has a 10-man rotation

@AUGoldMine

If there were to be a Phillip Lutzenkirchen award for representing Auburn as an Auburn man, I would give it to CJ Uzomah. He reminds me very much of Lutz. He is comfortable in his own skin. He is a guy that has a true love of Auburn, a great work ethic, and strong leadership skills. I know he would make Lutz proud. So happy to see that we've got great leadership on our team, like CJ and Gabe.

If there were to be a Phillip Lutzenkirchen award for representing Auburn as an Auburn man, I would give it to CJ Uzomah. He reminds me very much of Lutz. He is comfortable in his own skin. He is a guy that has a true love of Auburn, a great work ethic, and strong leadership skills. I know he would make Lutz proud. So happy to see that we've got great leadership on our team, like CJ and Gabe.

That is a great idea anyone have close enough ties to the department to make this recommendation? I would submit it to them baked with the how/what/etc just let them implement it with their twist. Make it a yearly thing of course

Archived