Auburn "hangs on"

jmcrosson

Yeah amazingly that storm delay only helped one team.

Yup. And what's even funnier is that all the conventional "wisdom" was that rain/weather issues would favor Arky. Go figure.

Yeah and a lot of that conventional wisdom was right here on this board. It was amazing how many Auburn people believed that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah saturday down south stated about the same thing and that the defense turnaround in the second half wasnt really on our good coaches, but because of the rain delay etc. It cracks me up

So, Arky quit at half, even a quarter and a half before the rain delay ?

It was amazing during most of the game to hear what they were saying. If they had not announced the score every once in a while you would have thought Arky was ahead the whole game. Auburn was scoring almost every time down and all they could say was that Arky was beating us on both sides of the ball. I hope they don't call to many of our games this year.

What is everones deal with hating on the announcers. Lets see one of you that is complaining, get in there and call a game for the whole country. Better be perfect! Ill accept nothing shy of %100 perfection. Mispronounce someone's name and their will be hell to pay!

What is everones deal with hating on the announcers. Lets see one of you that is complaining, get in there and call a game for the whole country. Better be perfect! Ill accept nothing shy of %100 perfection. Mispronounce someone's name and their will be hell to pay!

It's not our fault they suck. There are some good ones out there.

This is why I have stopped watching or listening to the talking heads,if you do you will constantly be mad.The duo of palmer and mushburger kept me pissed the whole game.I got start listening to the AU network.

Honestly, Mushburger is probably the worst announcer I've ever had to listen to. SEC network needs to drop him, like right now.

Verne Lundquist is much worse...

Verne is horrific. Having Mussberger over him is like choosing skin cancer over bone cancer.

I hate both of them.

ESPN always ranks Georgia really high. That's why I'm not surprised to see Herb picking ugly #1.

Wouldn't you think that is because Stenchcomb, and yes I meant to misspell his name, because I think it's more fitting if you listen to him when is discussing AU. Pollack is another leg humper that is much the same way. Just a casual observation.

"Auburn Hangs On"

"Bama Rolls"

I don't doubt that these headlines existed online at some point, but I can't find them now. There's a lot happening at ESPN and other sports outlets on a fall Saturday, and a lot of information gets posted without being thoroughly reviewed. Perhaps there are some Bama fans/Auburn haters working at ESPN who delight in creating such headlines, but my guess is if they have to have too much of their work edited by senior staffers, they won't be employed long. The next time it happens, grab a screen shot of it and send it to the folks at Never to Yield. Their Media Bias section could use some real examples.

Yeah amazingly that storm delay only helped one team.

I was worried this would actually hurt us since we had the momentum at this point....the final nail was the quick 3and out after the weather delay

Also, the Wisky Bashers not only lost to LSU but also to Auburn yesterday if you listen to Musburger. How many times did he say that??? I just ignore the talking heads...all VERY low IQs.

is this Verne or brent? my vote for stupid post of the day.

It was amazing during most of the game to hear what they were saying. If they had not announced the score every once in a while you would have thought Arky was ahead the whole game. Auburn was scoring almost every time down and all they could say was that Arky was beating us on both sides of the ball. I hope they don't call to many of our games this year.

I hate to admit it, but their line did beat us on both sides in the first half. But what ticked me was these experts wanting to talk about this more than the comeback, like we barely pulled it out after a struggle. It was total domination in the second half and we obviously could have scored again but that would not have changed anything about their agenda.

Yeah saturday down south stated about the same thing and that the defense turnaround in the second half wasnt really on our good coaches, but because of the rain delay etc. It cracks me up

So, Arky quit at half, even a quarter and a half before the rain delay ?

What I can't believe is that all the pregame experts (McCarron, Booger, etc.) gave the running game edge to Arky. So we lead the nation in rushing last year; and have a power rushing offense...and they give Arky the nod on the running game. That's about as wrong as you can get it....we were up 17 at the rain delay...there was only 9:55 left at that point...we crushed them.

ESPN also had a headline that said Bama "rolls" and later changed it to Bama "wins".

Expect the Bama "rolls" was a play on "roll tide"....and ESPN didn't expect so many super-sensitive AU fans to jump all over them. But we know there are a bunch of folks just looking for an opportunity to be insulted or have their feelings hurt.....it's the American way now I guess.

I guess the fact that Auburn was up by 17 when the lightening delay came about, and in full control of the game, escaped their attention.

What I can't believe is that all the pregame experts (McCarron, Booger, etc.) gave the running game edge to Arky. So we lead the nation in rushing last year; and have a power rushing offense...and they give Arky the nod on the running game. That's about as wrong as you can get it....we were up 17 at the rain delay...there was only 9:55 left at that point...we crushed them.

But haven't you heard? We lost our heisman finalist running back and #2 draft pick LT. We won't be able to run as well this year. [/groupthink]

I would pay extra if they could just sync up the AU radio team with the live broadcast. Afa, who rather than muss? I'd have to see the candidates. Part of the problem is slim pickings with all the games broadcast now.

[/quote

A smart computer person could make it work and I want to own stock in the company $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I would pay extra if they could just sync up the AU radio team with the live broadcast. Afa, who rather than muss? I'd have to see the candidates. Part of the problem is slim pickings with all the games broadcast now.

Pretty easy, I did it yesterday, and didn't have to pay extra. The game audio is now streaming free from auburntigers.com. If you have a DVR, it's pretty easy to sync the audio and video with a little trial and error.

Pretty easy, I did it yesterday, and didn't have to pay extra. The game audio is now streaming free from auburntigers.com. If you have a DVR, it's pretty easy to sync the audio and video with a little trial and error.

meh. I want someone to do it for me. Don't you have to resync if you rewind?

Record it all to your computer and rewind it after the game is over.

It wouldn't be difficult to do, technologically speaking, but you would have to get both Auburn/IMG and the TV broadcaster to embed timecode or some sync markers. I don't know that the networks paying so much for broadcast rights would be willing to make it easy to bypass their audio (including embedded commercials and promos).

Herbstreit must think he can be the guy who fist ID'd Gurley as a Heisman candidate. To say GA is your number one; seriously? I agree that Crab Claw ain't that great; seeing him moved out of the #1 spot makes sense.. but GA #1? Didn't he say South Caroline was going to win it all in the SEC last week?

Basically everyone had South Carolina winning te East

Record it all to your computer and rewind it after the game is over.

It wouldn't be difficult to do, technologically speaking, but you would have to get both Auburn/IMG and the TV broadcaster to embed timecode or some sync markers. I don't know that the networks paying so much for broadcast rights would be willing to make it easy to bypass their audio (including embedded commercials and promos).

I don't rewatch many games. I want it real time.

Archived