Auburn "hangs on"

jmcrosson

Hanging on is good for Auburn. It means people still don't respect us. If a win by the same margin as Georgia "The Dawgs Roll over Clemson" isn't impressive, so be it. Underestimate us as much as you want at your own peril.

Yeah, but uga was playing a "preseason" ranked team and we played an unranked team that did not win a conference game last year. At this point uga's 24 point win is more impressive than ours (even though we covered the spread).

Also, uga wasn't expected to wn by 21 either. The powers to bemay have underestimated ark or over estimated clem, but eitherway both teams took are of business. I just hope our 2 half d stays around for the rest of the season and continues to takes care business.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex Scarborough, the Alabama homer on the SEC blog on ESPN has an article up stating that there is no clear cut team in the driver's seat in the SEC this year. He brought up again that Auburn couldn't stop Arkansas "power run game"and that Arkansas had 21 at the half. He totally left out the fact that Arkansas only had 61 yards of offense in the second half and that only 2 of those yards were rushing yards. He also went on later in the article to say that Auburn has too many QB's and not enough defenders. What a joke!!! My post on the article got deleted because at the end of the comment after telling him how the second half of the game went and that every defense from here on out will have to pick their poison as far as AU running the ball down their throat or playing catch, I asked him if ESPN hired him straight out of Bryce Mental hospital in Tuscaloosa.

lol. Nice! as for our 2nd half d sticking around,i think it will, but so will the first half d. CEJ continues to make great halftime adjustments. I think we continue seeing that trend, with improvement still over last year's performance.

Alex Scarborough, the Alabama homer on the SEC blog on ESPN has an article up stating that there is no clear cut team in the driver's seat in the SEC this year. He brought up again that Auburn couldn't stop Arkansas "power run game"and that Arkansas had 21 at the half. He totally left out the fact that Arkansas only had 61 yards of offense in the second half and that only 2 of those yards were rushing yards. He also went on later in the article to say that Auburn has too many QB's and not enough defenders. What a joke!!! My post on the article got deleted because at the end of the comment after telling him how the second half of the game went and that every defense from here on out will have to pick their poison as far as AU running the ball down their throat or playing catch, I asked him if ESPN hired him straight out of Bryce Mental hospital in Tuscaloosa.

well to be honest, we couldn't stop it in the first half. But I know what you're saying. The defense is definitely the weakest link. Its better than last year though. I can't remember us shutting an SEC opponent out. Come Kstate and our next SEC game, a lot of this better be cleaned up or we are getting more gray hairs. As if last year didn't turn us white. WDE.

well to be honest, we couldn't stop it in the first half. But I know what you're saying. The defense is definitely the weakest link. Its better than last year though. I can't remember us shutting an SEC opponent out. Come Kstate and our next SEC game, a lot of this better be cleaned up or we are getting more gray hairs. As if last year didn't turn us white. WDE.

I'm not ready to make any conclusions about the defense after that game, especially the first half performance. Arkansas came in with an offensive gameplan designed specifically to take advantage of our speed and aggressiveness. They spent the offseason getting ready to make a statement in that game. Once our defensive staff and players got on the same page at the half, that gameplan was neutralized and Arkansas came to a halt. I give Arkansas credit for coming in with a good gameplan, and our coaches and players credit for getting through it. After a few more games against good opponents, we will have a better idea of where our defense is really at in comparison to last season.

I'm not ready to make any conclusions about the defense after that game, especially the first half performance. Arkansas came in with an offensive gameplan designed specifically to take advantage of our speed and aggressiveness. They spent the offseason getting ready to make a statement in that game. Once our defensive staff and players got on the same page at the half, that gameplan was neutralized and Arkansas came to a halt. I give Arkansas credit for coming in with a good gameplan, and our coaches and players credit for getting through it. After a few more games against good opponents, we will have a better idea of where our defense is really at in comparison to last season.

I think you see the entire picture quite clearly.

Too many folks making assumptions about Arky based on their hate of BB.

Give it a month and let's see what things look like in early Oct.

Arkansas scored 4 more points than they did last year and their team is improved over last year's team and they spent the off season preparing for Auburn, Auburn scored 10 more points and spent the off season preparing to win the NC not one game. Marinate on that. Is Auburn better or did they do what is was expected, I say both. Kstate will be a great bar for us to gauge this team on. Hostile environment, Thursday night, early in the season, top 25 team as of right now.

It was amazing during most of the game to hear what they were saying. If they had not announced the score every once in a while you would have thought Arky was ahead the whole game. Auburn was scoring almost every time down and all they could say was that Arky was beating us on both sides of the ball. I hope they don't call to many of our games this year.

I hate to admit it, but their line did beat us on both sides in the first half. But what ticked me was these experts wanting to talk about this more than the comeback, like we barely pulled it out after a struggle. It was total domination in the second half and we obviously could have scored again but that would not have changed anything about their agenda.

Technically you have to fall behind to comeback. We were never behind the entire game although it was tied at halftime for a brief spell.

well look at it this way guys, we got our horrendous play out of the way for the season, good thing it only lasted for just a half,now it's splendid play from now on,auburn always has to have something to build off of,just the way this team is meant to be

Archived