2005 outlook

Aubie7

It will be interesting to see if any incoming freshmen can earn a start. At this point, I don't see any possibility except at CB and maybe RB positions.

I would not, however, sell Stewart short yet. I think Irons will have his hands full come spring. Ronnie Brown set the standard with hands and blocking to play effectively. Stewart looks good catching the ball. I'm not sure about Irons. Neither looked proficient picking up blocks. (From what little I saw of them.)

I am also watching to see if Lorenzo Ferguson, Steve Gandy and Tony Bell are as good as advertised. We could be surprisingly better at DB than expected even with the loss of Rogers and Rosegreen. (Not a complete meltdown).

Receivers should be solid and hard for any incoming freshmen to see significant playing time.

What are your thoughts. :cheer:

Cox is better than any QB at LSU. He will do fine. I think alot of JC's success had to do with the system. I don't expect much of a drop off if any. Cox is a real throwing QB as oppossed to the growing trend of putting athletes at the QB position.

Archived