***Auburn vs. Mississippi State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Well, that was a tough one. But, I still say WDE! Let's move on and get better, we still have lots of games ahead.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was the ONLY person in the ENTIRE score prediction thread to pick MSU. I was mocked.

With that said, I think we will get better because of this game. I was impressed with how we never went away, no matter how ugly it looked.

Not to be a jerk, but do you want a cookie? Congrats you picked us to lose?

I agree I like how we did not go quietly into that good night.

The ref that called the 2 PI penalties should get player of the game for MSU. As bad as Auburn played those two were game changers.

I was the ONLY person in the ENTIRE score prediction thread to pick MSU. I was mocked.

With that said, I think we will get better because of this game. I was impressed with how we never went away, no matter how ugly it looked.

Most people in here believed the hype after beating a bad LSU team. Reality check for them.

I still believe Auburn is a very good team. Sometimes you just have a bad game.

Well no one should be surprised, can't stand the mullets but the party goes on. Why they act like they never won a big game?

I think they did. They aren't Rutgers or ole miss

Can't overcome those mistakes on the road. Congrats to State.

Truth be told, we are just an above average team. Our skill positions are stacked but our o line isnt very good. Our d line can not and will not put any pressure on QBs all season. All that being said, i think we have a chance at making the playoffs. Dont know if we will win, but we can get there

Guest jojo1515

Players played their butts off. Coaches outsmarted themselves. NM cannot throw a wet ball to save his life. D looks better than last year, but still has zero clue how to defend the spread.. Cowbells rang the entire time we had the ball, not just in between plays. Refs have probably cheated Auburn out of over 50 points this year and seriously need to be looked in to. Gus called a scary bad game with plays that werent woking over and over in critical situations. Our D plays a spread every day in practice yet know nothing about it. Duke and Sammy played great (Sammy's "drop" was actually batted). No time to sulk. Every game this year is big and if we play like that all year, we lose four more. Fix the errors all around just 50 percent and we go 11-1.

I'm actually in a better mood than I expected. After losing the natty last year I guess I can handle anything. Too bad the bammers at work will be insufferable this week

Turnovers. Can't turn it over 4 times and beat a good team

MSU turned it over just as many times and they bet a good team. AU is a good team, we just didn't execute today against a physical team that was playing with a mission.

Not to be a jerk, but do you want a cookie? Congrats you picked us to lose?

I agree I like how we did not go quietly into that good night.

I would LOVE a cookie right now.

Players played their butts off. Coaches outsmarted themselves. NM cannot throw a wet ball to save his life. D looks better than last year, but still has zero clue how to defend the spread.. Cowbells rang the entire time we had the ball, not just in between plays. Refs have probably cheated Auburn out of over 50 points this year and seriously need to be looked in to. Gus called a scary bad game with plays that werent woking over and over in critical situations. Our D plays a spread every day in practice yet know nothing about it. Duke and Sammy played great (Sammy's "drop" was actually batted). No time to sulk. Every game this year is big and if we play like that all year, we lose four more. Fix the errors all around just 50 percent and we go 11-1.

Offensive PI call was offensive. Can't believe they called that - momentum killer too.

At least it's not 2008 or 2012. We'll still have our share of fun watching Auburn football this year. Just not today. Today freaking hurt. WDE!!

Most people in here believed the hype after beating a bad LSU team. Reality check for them.

I still believe Auburn is a very good team. Sometimes you just have a bad game.

You're probably right. Gus didn't look comfortable in the second half. Maybe he needs to have the lead so he can run the ball non-stop starting at the 7 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. It's just awkward seeing Nick having to throw it in the fourth.

Congrats to Mississippi State. Neither team looked like a Top 5 team offensively. Both were pretty sloppy with the ball. The difference was two turnovers on the first two offensive plays led to 14 points by MSU. They took advantage of the turnovers and we didn't.

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger... Always and Forever!! WDE!!

I'm okay with the loss, not okay with the slip sloppy play. The turnovers, andnot showing up @ when the game could have been taken. Let's go Arkansas

Msu might be the best all-around team in the country --- bar none. JamesG made legit point though - our boys didn't stop fighting. I wasn't a fan of our play calling personally, but I'm in a living room for a reason.

You already made this comment in the game thread James. Kudos to you for picking Auburn to lose the game. And the next time you step out on a limb again and pick us to lose, guess what..... You will be MOCKED.

Terrible with the turnovers. We need to regroup during the off week and try to fight our way into the playoff. I think MSU will win the west and get their first SEC title if they can beat Bammer. Ole Miss can't stay with them and I don't see anyone in the east that would have a chance.

We did not play well. State also had 4 turnovers but penalties hurt us. We lost one last year and still got there -same can (will) happen this year. Like a poster stated earlier, with our schedule, if we win out we stand a chance to make the playoffs. But after State loses two "surprise" games, we then win the West. It all starts in two weeks when we beat SCar.

War Eagle!

Archived