So if we moved on from Ellis J... (Edit we did)

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it hasn't worked, Ellis needs to trash his 4-2-5 and go to something different for these next 3 games.

Do you really think where our players line up has something to do with our performance? Do you think our DL will magically be 10 times better at a pass rush if there are 3 LBs and 4 DBs behind them instead or 2LBs and 5DBs?

Do you think pulling Robenson Therezie and replacing him with the second-team OLB (which happens to be Justin Garrett now) will magically fix our run support?

Do you think replacing Therezie with a second-team OLB will fix our pass coverage of slot receivers and running backs?

And what do you recommend we do in second and third and long situations (i.e., nickel defense situations)? Not run a nickel defense?

Would love to have ecu's dcoordinator

As if CEJ is not old enough.

At least he has some type of concept on how to play defense with a roster comprised of 2 and 3 star players. Unlike ours at mostly 4 star players

Who in the world worth a hill of beans wants to work with Malzahn as a DC? WE can't recruit worth crap on the defense and we certainly can not coach worth dung on that side of the ball?

You dream Mate. This probably the best we can do.

Scary, isn't it.

You win the award for dumbest comment of the day (quite a prize on a day like today)

Dumb and Dumberer. Coach Malzahn is a great coach to work for. .. and a winner. Any aspiring young coach would be glad to work for him.

I think the problem is way more than being a HUNH offensive team. People argue that the defense gets tired out, but yet most of the mistakes happen in the first half? Points wise this is a pretty solid defense in the second half of games which makes no since. I'm starting to think this could be both a motivation/coaching problem more than a HUNH problem. I don't know the answer, but I know Gus is way too smart to allow this to go on for much longer.

Our defensive coordinator of the future just got fired, let's go rile some money up and approach Muschamp with whatever demands he wants.

You are absolutely delusional. You know that right? Muschamp will end up as Head Coach at a smaller school and work from there. He's not the type to drop back down the ladder.

Lol you guys actually think Muschamp would EVER come back to Auburn. What a joke.

I do actually. Not saying it will happen but I don't think it's as crazy a scenario as you do.

Our defensive coordinator of the future just got fired, let's go rile some money up and approach Muschamp with whatever demands he wants.

You are absolutely delusional. You know that right? Muschamp will end up as Head Coach at a smaller school and work from there. He's not the type to drop back down the ladder.

Why not? It happens all the time. Go be a DC for a year or two and then get another shot somewhere. Not saying he would come here but fired coaches go back to being a coordinator quite a bit.

Why not? It happens all the time. Go be a DC for a year or two and then get another shot somewhere. Not saying he would come here but fired coaches go back to being a coordinator quite a bit.

Kiffin

We know that it would be an Awesome and perfect hire but of course we won't be doing that. We have a chance for the perfect hire and most likely will keep what we got and look at a mediocre defense at best with Johnson. Auburn has been thirsty for a dominant defense for a LONG time why can't we make that happen?? Frustrating

We know that it would be an Awesome and perfect hire but of course we won't be doing that. We have a chance for the perfect hire and most likely will keep what we got and look at a mediocre defense at best with Johnson. Auburn has been thirsty for a dominant defense for a LONG time why can't we make that happen?? Frustrating

Muschamp isn't even close to a perfect hire, but clearly you think way more highly of him than I do. I don't want him anywhere near Auburn. We don't have an opening at this point anyway. If we do at the end of the season we can do better than Muschamp, IMO. I also think he burned too many bridges when he was here before and wouldn't come back even if offered.

I honestly cannot imagine how awful these boards were back in 2012. Some you guys need to get a grip. Most of you are grown men who are critizing a bunch of kids who give up their college life to entertain all of us. Despicable.

I honestly cannot imagine how awful these boards were back in 2012. Some you guys need to get a grip. Most of you are grown men who are critizing a bunch of kids who give up their college life to entertain all of us. Despicable.

I honestly don't see many people crash talking the kids. Now the people who coach these kids....

And do you feel better by trying to make yourself look like you're taking the high road? What was out on the field last night is despicable. And that falls squarely on the coaches. Those poor kids never had a chance to win.

I honestly don't see many people crash talking the kids. Now the people who coach these kids....

And do you feel better by trying to make yourself look like you're taking the high road? What was out on the field last night is despicable. And that falls squarely on the coaches. Those poor kids never had a chance to win.

Well said!

Archived