So if we moved on from Ellis J... (Edit we did)

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do we have no pass rush when our defensive line is filled with 4-5 star talent? Losing one DE, no matter how talented, should not wreck an entire defense. We've recruited other talented players for the position. How come we never hear Adams, Daniel, and Wright making huge plays any more? Those guys are all uber talented, not to mention Bradley and Lambert. Blackson should be making plays, too. The line has talent and experience.

SIAP, but changing coordinators is not the magic answer. This is another in a long list of why the SEC, and in particular the SEC-W, is the most difficult conference in college football. If you have a coordinator that is geared toward stopping a power, Pro-Set attack (like it appears that CEJ does pretty well), the spread teams will rip you apart. If you change to a DC that is geared toward stopping the spread, you have smaller, faster linemen and LBs, and the power, Pro-Set teams will run through you all day.

Now that the SEC is pretty evenly balanced with both styles of offense, there are always going to be games like Saturday where you just have to do your best to outscore your opponent. Could CEJ have done more disquising coverages and blitzing???? Of Course. However, our secondary doesn't have the overall talent to cover SEC WRs at the level needed when you have NO PASS RUSH!!!! Losing Carl Lawson really hurt us this year. With him wreaking havoc in the backfield like he did last year, our defense would be much better.

I was so pissed off Saturday, but now that I've had a chance to calm down, I realize that we just didn't play well, and you can't afford to do that week in and week out. We didn't make aTm EARN anything! We let them score at will with little or no effort in the first half. Yeah, the refs screwed us over time and time again, but we should be used to that by now, and not let that be the deciding factor. You will never convince me that aTm recovered that fumble on the 1 yard line, but you can't cry over spilled milk.

It's time to go beat UGA now, and then focus on Samford to work out any kinks before we go beat bammer. We could really stand for bammer to beat Miss St. this weekend, but I cannot pull for them. I saw way too many comments from bammers that I know are normally good people that were uncalled for.

I'm just now sitting down to watch the game rerun. First series TD, Therieze and (Ford?) blew the coverage. It looked like Therieze was supposed to pass his man off to the safety but they both bit on the back out of the backfield.

That is a player issue blowing coverage, not a DC issue.

I'm just now sitting down to watch the game rerun. First series TD, Therieze and (Ford?) blew the coverage. It looked like Therieze was supposed to pass his man off to the safety but they both bit on the back out of the backfield.

That's an every game occurrence. That is a coaching issue. It always happens in the first half. By some chance he's able to get them to play better in the 2nd half. That tells me it's coaching. The players are not being put in the right position.

That's an every game occurrence. That is a coaching issue. It always happens in the first half. By some chance he's able to get them to play better in the 2nd half. That tells me it's coaching. The players are not being put in the right position.

Player issue and coaching challenge. Adjustments are a normal part of the game.

This has happened for the past two years. You have to adjust your coverage and plays to your players if that keeps happening. And whatever it is, it just happens to always be correctable in the next half. Either put your best players out there in the 2nd half and put someone else in the 1st or fix whatever the issue is for the entire game

it shouldn't take until halftime to make the adjustment.

Safety is supposed to crash the bubble and RT was to take the post on that play. RT blew the coverage

it shouldn't take until halftime to make the adjustment.

This^^

So... Looking at total defense rankings on the NCAA site. Out of curiosity. I was intrigued by the Houston Cougars being ranked 14th. Hmmm. Who is their DC? David Gibbs!

Another DC that is intriguing is UCF's DC. Tyson Summers. They're ranked 8th. Just saying, we've had a little luck with DC's from UCF before.

So... Looking at total defense rankings on the NCAA site. Out of curiosity. I was intrigued by the Houston Cougars being ranked 14th. Hmmm. Who is their DC? David Gibbs!

Another DC that is intriguing is UCF's DC. Tyson Summers. They're ranked 8th. Just saying, we've had a little luck with DC's from UCF before.

Since it seems no one on this forum trusts big time guys (for some reason) It'd be interesting to go small name

Since it seems no one on this forum trusts big time guys (for some reason) It'd be interesting to go small name

Well it seems that all the big time guys already have jobs at big time schools and moving to AU would be a lateral move. Assuming that Boom gets fired, he doesn't trust JJ so that option is off the table in all probability. He can go elsewhere and work with someone he trusts. That leaves us with guys that would look to move up to a big league school.

Well it seems that all the big time guys already have jobs at big time schools and moving to AU would be a lateral move. Assuming that Boom gets fired, he doesn't trust JJ so that option is off the table in all probability. He can go elsewhere and work with someone he trusts. That leaves us with guys that would look to move up to a big league school.

Penn State seems to have a good DC

So the guy at Penn State would to leave to come to Auburn. What makes you believe he would? Unless he is unhappy with his current situation for some reason I don't see it. It's a lateral move. Next step for him is head coach.

So..what I'm reading is we don't have the personnel to run the 4-2-5 with man 2 man coverage but obviously we're still trying to instead of more zone like TCU. Is that a fair statement? And why are we not?

And our secondary tackling is horrendous....whoever taught Ford how to tackle is clueless or maybe he just doesn't like contact.

Anyway...fight on..don't give up and work on getting better

Ford is actually a guy who would have an excuse and is better at tackling than his other guys in the secondary. At least some of them. The way those guys in the secondary can't get off of blocks is damn near mind boggling though. I mean every wr man handles our corners

Ford is actually a guy who would have an excuse and is better at tackling than his other guys in the secondary. At least some of them. The way those guys in the secondary can't get off of blocks is damn near mind boggling though. I mean every wr man handles our corners

Treadwell managed to take out two DBs on multiple plays.

So the guy at Penn State would to leave to come to Auburn. What makes you believe he would? Unless he is unhappy with his current situation for some reason I don't see it. It's a lateral move. Next step for him is head coach.

I'm not saying he'd leave, but PSU won't be a national contender for quite a while....Auburn is not only on a higher pedestal right now nationally, they are better set up for the immediate future.

Archived